Old July 24, 2002, 23:39   #1
Rasbelin
Emperor

Local Time: 06:56
Local Date: November 1, 2010
"Access restricted to registered members"
When I'm trying to access the chatroom page from the main page of the forums, this error page appears:

Access restricted to registered members
Register (Registration is free!) or login and join the live chat!

If you are already logged in, Change the Browse board with cookies? option to "On"

I have logged in; my browsers (IE and Mozilla) both have cookies in use; I'm currently using session cookies when logged in. So what could be the problem? It doesn't seem to help if I log out and log back in.

Is there a new sect of Apolytoners you must be a member of if you want to join the chat? That's what it looks like...

Old July 25, 2002, 01:18   #2
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 16:56
This turns up a lot for me too. Not for the chat, but for voting on polls. I find that trying again tends to work. It may take a few tries, but it gets there in the end.

But it is rather annoying at times.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old July 25, 2002, 13:16   #3
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 04:56
It may be that Apolyton's traffic limit has been exceeded- I think Markos said something about that once.
Old July 25, 2002, 16:30   #4
Rasbelin
Emperor

Local Time: 06:56
Hmmm... the problem still seems to occur all the time when trying to access the chat page.