Old July 25, 2002, 13:00   #1
heidlejohn
Chieftain

Local Time: 23:57
Local Date: October 31, 2010
MPP peace then auto war vs former allies
Egypt declares war on me (Rome). Both America And Greece support me and fight Egypt due to an MPP.

I make peace with Egypt. I rechecked an autosave game and I was at peace with all three remaining countries when I ended my turn.

On their turns both Greece and America attack me without any DoW. Why did this happen?

I think others have posted the same thing, but I never read any explanation of this that made any sense to me. I've been in war via MPPs enough to know that this is odd. Is this a bug or is this somehow how this works?

On my turn I am told I am at war with both former allies. I understand that they don’t like what I did by exiting an MPP early, but how do you end a war without causing this stupidity?

I have autosaves available to document this. I restarted the game and got the same results. The savefiles are too big to save even when they are compressed. This is version 1.29f.
Old July 25, 2002, 14:56   #2
miccofl
Civilization III PBEM
Prince

Local Time: 23:57
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:
how do you end a war without causing this stupidity?
You go, you see, you conquer. Show no mercy, give no quarter. Keep attacking until you have driven every last one of them from the face of the planet. (or your MPP expires)

It is possible that your alleged allies had other plans when your war broke out and dragged them into it.