Old September 25, 2002, 23:25   #31
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

Local Time: 23:59
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Everyone seems to agree that Incas should have been placed in civ3 PTW.... I couldn't agree more. This is a game called civilization! Incas had a great civ, and not only that it really satifies the lack of south american civilization thats in demand in world maps as everyone's been complaining about.

For PTW I will be doing the same thing I've been doing since Civ II. I will put civs in their geographical location as best as I can, but if there's no room for development, I'll just have to work around it. England usually gets placed in australia to make room for france and germany. Rome and Greece end up usually in South America cause of lack of room. Japan used to get Seoul (korean capitol) cause leaving Japan in an island could be seriously inhibiting for its growth. So as I have been doing, PTW will be handled the same way for me, but I have to agree I don't like shifting nations like that.
Old September 25, 2002, 23:27   #32
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

my post just reminded me.... will the korean capitol be named Seoul or Han Yang? Same city but name for different era... this is make a big difference because that will indicate which korean "civilization" we will be playing. (just as japan's kyoto - Tokyo jibba jaba)
Old September 25, 2002, 23:28   #33
Zero
King

Quote:
Originally posted by JtheJackal
So when we all create a world map, will we put the starting location Celts on Ireland or will we put them between France and Germany?
for accuracy it should depend on which era of celtic civlization firaxis chose.
Old September 26, 2002, 15:40   #34
JtheJackal
Warlord

So you mean it depends on which capitol it ends up being will decide this.
Old September 28, 2002, 11:03   #35
Zero
King

yes, but i don't know much of celtic capitol history and whether they had it shifted or renamed... and it won't help determine which civ if the capitol was the same through out history. but reading the civlopedia will usually hep determine which celt they were trying to portray.
Old September 30, 2002, 18:43   #36
The Emperor Fabulous
Civ4 SP Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 21:59
I still think that the Hebrews would have been a good choice
Old October 1, 2002, 05:13   #37
BigFurryMonster
PtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 05:59
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Darkworld Ark
Austria - Counts as a part of the German civilization, since the culture's almost identical & they both have the same exact language.
Interesting remark. It's like saying that the Americans count as part of the English culture...
Old October 1, 2002, 06:53   #38
Tiberius
PtWDG LegolandCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 06:59
Quote:
Originally posted by BigFurryMonster
Interesting remark. It's like saying that the Americans count as part of the English culture...
Not quite. It's like saying that the Americans were part of the English culture 200 years ago.
--Woody Allen
Old October 1, 2002, 07:16   #39
Heresson
Scenario League / Civ2-CreationNationStates
Emperor

Local Time: 06:59
Good point.