Old July 26, 2002, 22:57   #1
Timeline
King

Local Time: 00:01
Local Date: November 1, 2010
The Fall of Washington
Lightning, rain, and hail fall from the heavens, beating back our troop’’s forward advance to the city of Washington. A messenger hurries forth to utter a Declaration of Conflict to the United States of America.

It is done...we are at war.

Coming forth from the distance we see men, brave spies of Apolytonia. They issue their report; the city of Washington is defended by only one Spearman. With haste, six thousand Archers and two thousand Spearman cross in through the storming gates of hell, and enter into American territory.

Vice President Timeline surveyed the battlefield with keen eyes. Beside him stood mighty UberKrux, and wise Spiffor.

Two thousand Spearman stretched out from before them, in a half a mile long formation. Archers prepared their bows from behind, and Timeline knew the moment of combat had finally come.

After the better part of a year marching through this Jungle, these men were tired, but at the same time eager for combat. Timeline glanced up at UberKrux to the right, a towering man standing over a meter higher than himself. The proud General looked gladdened in the heart that this hour had finally come. Timeline could see a glimmer of unstoppable determination in Uber’’s eye that he had never before seen in a man.

Battle will fall upon us soon. And the great Banana will lead us to glory...
...weather it be in exhilarating victory, or gut wrenching defeat.

Lightning flashed. No less than six hundred yards away, there they stood. American defenders, armed with long out stretched spears poised for combat. Timeline looked up at the ominous clouds lurking overhead, truly these are dark days. His attention was taken off the sky when he heard a deafening cry from UberKrux, the Archers raised their bows. Another cry, and death itself was unleashed in front of him. Five hundred missiles launched into the air, and five hundred Americans fell to the ground moments later.

UberKrux started the charge against the enemy, letting out a horrendous battle cry as he grabbed his sword and began spinning it as he ran. The other Spearmen, following their master, began running alongside him, their spears extended. Lightning flashed, swords crashed, and death continued to saturate the battlefield.

The moment had arrived, there was a break in the assault lines ahead. Timeline reached down and slowly drew his short blade that jdjdjd had given him years ago. He turned it and studied it as it caught the reflection of constant lightning strikes. As never before, excitement and passion grew in Timeline’s chest. He motioned to the second wave of Spearmen to follow him into the great void ahead.

As Timeline neared the first enemy he used his sword to deflect the blow of the oncoming spear, then with great effort stabbed his sword into the soldier just as Uber had taught him. Timeline repositioned for another attack, but one never came. He looked up and saw the American lines in retreat, Uber running after them, still howling his battle cry.

Over the city, a glorious beam of sunlight smashed through the thick layer of clouds above, shattering the gloomy shield of darkness that had possessed the battlefield moments earlier.

The light, for some, signaled the end of this battle...but for others, it meant something far greater. No longer would the republic of Apolytonia be forced to live in darkness, it’s people divided, it’s land poor, and only a grim hope for the future.

Here, on this battlefield, they had fought for the future. There was light to be found in this seemingly cold and bleak world. It was at this moment that Apolytonia realized, for the first time, that with unity among it’s people it can accomplish anything it puts it’s heart to.

Last edited by Timeline; July 26, 2002 at 23:17.
Old July 26, 2002, 23:00   #2
Epistax
Civilization III Democracy Game
Prince

WHO WANTS HAMBURGERS?!?!?
Old July 26, 2002, 23:02   #3
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 05:01
Re: The Fall of Washington
Quote:
Originally posted by Timeline
republic

But other than that: Pretty good
Old July 26, 2002, 23:04   #4
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 07:01
Timeline :
You're really showing your writing skills, and they're great ! Keep it up !
Old July 26, 2002, 23:06   #5
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 17:01
Ominous. Now I get the image of Uber being an enormous troll-like being, and every step he takes shakes the very Earth itself.

Imagine THAT charging at you with a sword. I'd run.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old July 26, 2002, 23:09   #6
Timeline
King

Just be glad he's on OUR side.

Last edited by Timeline; July 26, 2002 at 23:37.
Old July 26, 2002, 23:14   #7
Kramerman
Prince

Local Time: 23:01
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
Ominous. Now I get the image of Uber being an enormous troll-like being, and every step he takes shakes the very Earth itself.

Imagine THAT charging at you with a sword. I'd run.
WHAT! What are you saying? I thought Uber was an enormous troll like being?

Timeline, nice writting You should come down and try your hand in the stories forum. Im sure you might have what it takes to win the stories contest - as long as Grundel doesn't write. Heck, you could probably just repost this and probably do well.

Kman
Old July 26, 2002, 23:41   #8
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 02:01
Veni, vidi, vici.
I came, I saw, I conquered.
Written by Julius Caesar about his rapid victory in the Battle of Zela and said by Commander Uber after his "one turn” victory in the Battle of Washington)

Amazing!

Edit: typo or something
Old July 27, 2002, 08:28   #9
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Hey, let's celebrate!

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old July 27, 2002, 09:04   #10
Kuciwalker
Deity

Local Time: 01:01
I'll give 100,000 bananas for Abe's Palace.
Old July 27, 2002, 09:39   #11
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

As historian along with Tassadar, I travelled to the site of the battle to have a picnic as the fighting unfolded. And yet, the blood of both of us was up, and so we gradually charged down into the city to take a few prisoners ourselves. Soon, I hope, we can write a short history on Apolytonia, from the second term on, and we can insert bits of our memories of the battle, first hand. This shall be fine work!
Old July 27, 2002, 10:02   #12
rendelnep
PtWDG LegolandCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Monty PythonC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Ankh-MorporkCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 17:01
one question where did jdjdjd get that that iron. I mean it is a bit elitest for the vice president to get a glemming sword while the rest of the army gets sharp pointy sticks that probly been rotting in the jungle for last 1000 years. I call for more equality in the army!!!!!

Mind you Hurrah for the excellent victory
Old July 27, 2002, 10:20   #13
Kuciwalker
Deity

I think we should gather all of the iron we have and equip our best soldiers with these "sword" things. I do think that our great Warior UberKruX deserves such a weapon, however; he is our greatest soldier of all.
Old July 27, 2002, 10:22   #14
Timeline
King

Lol...

You will have to ask jdjdjd where he obtained the Iron to make this fine sword, although it was no doubt from one of his previous journeys. Also, I am fairly certain he crafted this blade himself, although I cannot say for sure.

As far elitist tendencies in our army, I suppose their’s no use denying it. You will recognize the contrast in training UberKrux imparted to me as opposed to other low ranking troops.

To the spearmen he advised, “Ignore your enemy’s blow. Lunge at the opening he makes as he comes in at you.” As for me, he graciously instructed that I should fend off the incoming hit and then struck them down if possible.

Thank you Uber!!!!!

skywalker:
Uber does have such a sword. Although it is rumored to be six foot long I have seen it and it is actually only about five and a half, however still quite imposing indeed. It is especially amazing to see this towering General spinning such a massive weapon as he runs towards the enemy.

Last edited by Timeline; July 27, 2002 at 10:27.
Old July 27, 2002, 10:25   #15
Kuciwalker
Deity

His training was not a compliment to you. Sword tactics obviously must be different from spear tactics.
Old July 27, 2002, 10:36   #16
Timeline
King

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker
His training was not a compliment to you. Sword tactics obviously must be different from spear tactics.
Well, from what I could see, our entire front line of spearman were completely without shields, with their entire purpose being to run quickly toward the enemy and thrust their spears into them. Indeed, it seems Uber's first strike tactics are actually what won us this battle, for although our first wave perished, they were able to completely annihilate the enemy's defenses.

The lives of these brave soldiers shall forever live on in our memory.
Old July 27, 2002, 10:38   #17
Kuciwalker
Deity

However, did you notice that not one Spearman died? We only lost a company of Archers because we had a gap in the line, and a small group of enemy Spearmen manage to get through and hit our vulnerable Archer formation.
Old July 27, 2002, 10:53   #18
Timeline
King

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker
However, did you notice that not one Spearman died? We only lost a company of Archers because we had a gap in the line, and a small group of enemy Spearmen manage to get through and hit our vulnerable Archer formation.
SHUSH!!! That's not what happened
Old July 27, 2002, 13:27   #19
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Timeline the real story of the archer's demise follows. In their enthusiasim they rushed the american spearman using there arrows as knives. While I admire there bravery, truly such a stupid unit had to be prunned.
Aggie
Old July 27, 2002, 14:03   #20
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

I agree Aggie. Prunning of our obviously more stupid kin will only help us as a society. Long live the Glory of the Great Banana!!!

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old July 27, 2002, 14:20   #21
jdjdjd
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy Game
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by rendelnep
one question where did jdjdjd get that that iron. I mean it is a bit elitest for the vice president to get a glemming sword while the rest of the army gets sharp pointy sticks that probly been rotting in the jungle for last 1000 years. I call for more equality in the army!!!!!

Mind you Hurrah for the excellent victory
I tell you, Godking can scrounge pretty much anything if you pay him the right price, and so he came across enough iron for only several blades, one of which I gave to Timeline many years ago. Someday, we will have a large supply of it for the whole army, but until then.... btw who said it was an iron blade?

As for the story, how am I supposed to compete with this..

Old July 27, 2002, 14:21   #22
jdjdjd
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy Game
Prince

Oh, great story, btw.
Old July 27, 2002, 16:09   #23
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

yea, this story was awesome timeline. almost makes me forget about that whole disliking you thing.

i may actually fall into this roleplaying thing, .

it looks good on me