Old July 27, 2002, 02:08   #1
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Local Time: 00:02
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Oh Crap! I missed the Fighting! :(
ahhh crap. when i read ninot's posts i thought he meant we were doing a turnchat on thursday OR friday, not BOTH.

oh well. the attacks seems to have gone as well as i assumed it would have. our brave warriors laugh at america.
Old July 27, 2002, 04:34   #2
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

Local Time: 06:02
Do not worry, all went well according to your plan. We have 3 healthy archers and 1 spearman left for an attack of NY, which should move, before the current turn ends (speed matters, or they could get size 2 and rush another defender). 1 more healthy archer can be added next turn. NY looks like it will be autorazed, but we should attack it nevertheless, we need those luxuries. I'm sure, we can jump by with a settler, before the other civs will.
Old July 27, 2002, 07:29   #3
DAVOUT
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Are not you excessively indulgent, Sir Ralph ? After all, the Supreme Military Commander was absent at a time where the destiny of the nation was at stake, and he excuses himself as if he had missed an appointement with his hair cutter. Don't be surprised if the rate of desertion increases sharply if it not subjet to hard punishment.
Old July 27, 2002, 07:42   #4
theViking
Civilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Prince

Local Time: 15:02
Quote:
Originally posted by DAVOUT
Don't be surprised if the rate of desertion increases sharply if it not subjet to hard punishment.
He is not playing the game, the President does that and used the istructions given by UberKruX.
Old July 27, 2002, 07:44   #5
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 15:02
So we won?
Old July 27, 2002, 07:51   #6
DAVOUT
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Quote:
Originally posted by theViking

He is not playing the game, the President does that and used the istructions given by UberKruX.
You mean that the SMC is an irresponsible head quarter folk and that his personnal presence could in no case be useful at time of battle ?
Old July 27, 2002, 08:14   #7
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 23:02
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I must say that I am more than a bit dissappointed in how the last two turnchats have been handled. First we had a hastily constructed chat on Thursday, then DURING the chat on Friday, an OFFICIAL REPORT was given stating that it ENDED on turn 1050, with technical difficulties. How were two more turns played? Why was the public not only not informed, but given WRONG information? Coveniently, Timeline editted away all evidence.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old July 27, 2002, 08:55   #8
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 07:02
UnOrthOdOx :
Actually, Timeline came back later (about 19:00 EST) on Apolytn's Birthday chat. The Demogamers there (including myself, and I'm to blame too) wanted to continue the turnchat, and Timeline agreed because there were more than 10 of us.
It was completely improvised, but there were as many people as a regular turnchat. I'm sorry you couldn't make it, though, but here's the log for journalistic and historical purpose
Attached Files:
File Type: zip warchat.zip (8.0 KB, 3 views)
Old July 27, 2002, 09:29   #9
Timeline
King

UnOrthOdOx:
Lol, you make us sound like conspirators. In case you didn’t know, UberKrux was not at the first chat either. Trip wanted to take over as SMC, but couldn’t because he wasn’t able to play along with us in the game, and ended up leaving later.

Why are you trying to make trouble for us? Almost everyone that was at the first chat was at the second. I gave every single person an option to abort the turnchat, and everyone wanted to continue. Also, we had the same amount of Ministers at the second turnchat as at the first. It was in the best interests of all of us to continue, this game has been going slow enough. We need less politics and more playing the game.

Let’s play the game, that’s why we’re here.
Old July 27, 2002, 12:13   #10
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

It was a good turnchat, and uber we have plenty of fighting ahead so you'll see some more. Luckily the vice president has insisted you were there indeed, and not in a drunken stupor in your tent or more likely interregating american"maidens", it was a hard job but somebody had to do it( the burdens of a general). On a more serious note, I have some ideas/questions. Considering that ny will be autorazed(probably unless they go to 2), perhaps we should make a play for bost, then attack ny with forces from out homeland and the northern army. Another reason is that bost will probably be defended by 2 spear if we attack now, on the other hand if we wait we will most certainly face 3 spear and thus need a larger army or will have to sue for peace. Just an idea, though I dread having such a stretched nation. But if we do attack ny, shouldn't we start a settler to occupy the territory.
Best regards in our glorious victory
Aggie
Old July 27, 2002, 13:23   #11
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

i believe my orders were good enough to make up for my absence anyway. i had a solid plan for about 10-15 turns.

sorry though
Old July 27, 2002, 13:38   #12
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 01:02
Uber. no big deal IMHO. It would have been nice, but it wasn't crucial as you had laid out your plan of attack.

NY will NOT autoraze. It has culture. look. Autoraze will take effect if a) size 1 and b) no culture. Being in the middle of the jungle, it will take a while to grow.

Boston is size 3, but has NO culture. That means that with the capitol just moving there, we need to wait at least 5 turns before it has any. And at size 3, it will rushpop 2 spearmen. Along with the one or two that is already there.... If we attack, and if we want to keep the city, we need to wait until it has culture.

Go after NY. Take it over quick, then get peace for philidalphia and/or atlanta (I think we will get both). Once we have NY, build a road connecting it with our homelands, and get that spice there quick.

I was at the first 1/2 of the chat. I was in my car driving home (from work) and didn't make the second half (I din't even know it was going on as I shut down before it began). Yes, I would have liked to be there. But I understand and agree with the decision to continue. Good job.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old July 27, 2002, 14:00   #13
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

Quote:
Originally posted by GodKing
Go after NY. Take it over quick, then get peace for philidalphia and/or atlanta (I think we will get both). Once we have NY, build a road connecting it with our homelands, and get that spice there quick.
Seconded. But does NY really have culture? If so, that would be great. Boston is a target for a later war. We need the dyes (not spices) ASAP.
Old July 27, 2002, 14:06   #14
Will 5001
Civilization III Democracy Game
Warlord

Local Time: 05:02
The reason why I have missed loads of the game news because the forums have been so clogged up with Constitutional matters

Last edited by Will 5001; July 27, 2002 at 14:13.
Old July 27, 2002, 14:11   #15
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

If I saw the posted picture correctly, it has some culture. I will download the game today and look and make sure.

Lets get those dyes (oops, not spices, my bad memory).

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old July 27, 2002, 16:04   #16
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

The fact that a turnchat, especially the one that's probably been the most important one of them all, was conducted in such a way gets a firm from me. Don't do that kind of thing next time guys. You don't just decide to hold a turnchat when a bunch of people get together. It would be like 10 or so demogamers just happen to end up in the 'Poly chat later today, and decide to hold a turnchat just for the hell of it.

With that said, I hope you had a good nap UK while your armies were ravaging Washington. I'm sure they were very much inspired to victory.
Old July 27, 2002, 16:13   #17
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

double post.

go 'poly.
Old July 27, 2002, 16:13   #18
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Trip
The fact that a turnchat, especially the one that's probably been the most important one of them all, was conducted in such a way gets a firm from me. Don't do that kind of thing next time guys. You don't just decide to hold a turnchat when a bunch of people get together. It would be like 10 or so demogamers just happen to end up in the 'Poly chat later today, and decide to hold a turnchat just for the hell of it.

With that said, I hope you had a good nap UK while your armies were ravaging Washington. I'm sure they were very much inspired to victory.
i concur, the turnchatS were thrown together rather quickly, but i think he's got a schedule going now (next one is sunday). I think he was just trying to appease too many people with the date/time. i'm fairly sure it wont happen again.

and i wasn't napping Trip, i was being forced to clean my room / start packing for college (25 days until i move out, moms anal retentive). i was in there for 7 hours
Old July 27, 2002, 16:29   #19
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

UK, I referring to how they held a turnchat after they had officially ended the first one, and that was the one where they took Washington. So basically there were three turnchats in the last 2 days.

At least you weren't configuring a computer for eight hours (no joke) like me. Thats the reason I wasn't at the 'Poly chat, and my mind is still mush (as I continue configuring, typing with one hand, eating breadsticks and listening to music).
Old July 27, 2002, 16:48   #20
Fatwreck
Civilization III PBEM
Prince

Local Time: 07:02
Didn´t we vote for how many turnchats that would be allowed in one week?
I think it´s pretty damn shitty that if you are away for just two days you´ll miss two turnchats!
I´ll give a big to the current goverment (or at least the ones who created the "two in two days turnchat"): You won´t be getting my vote in the next election if this occurs again, just so you know...
Your method equals wipe out
Old July 27, 2002, 17:22   #21
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 23:02
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:
Why are you trying to make trouble for us?
I am asking a question, nothing more. If that is trouble, so be it. But who is the 'us'? I am referring to YOUR actions here, as YOU were in charge. This is better discussed in another thread, however.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby