Old August 3, 2002, 20:04   #121
HappySunShine
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization II Multiplayer
Warlord

Local Time: 00:03
Local Date: November 1, 2010
No posting for 6 months...If you want to do that I'll play you emperor, but not deity. I'm not going to play for 6 months of no posting on a level that comes down to who gets HG first.
Old August 3, 2002, 21:41   #122
atawa
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession Games
King

Local Time: 07:03
Anyone want some chicken?
Old August 3, 2002, 23:14   #123
War4ever
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 21:03
Local Date: October 31, 2010
DD, you won't live past 1000 bc...no offence....

eyes can find people with the best of them and is one of the masters of bringing it....

if the game goes on long enough you may have a sporting chance....

again no offence, but at this point , your just not good enough to beat him ....though you may take a game off of him
Old August 3, 2002, 23:34   #124
markusf
King

Local Time: 05:03
Quote:
Originally posted by arii
I think that the real power of the pyramid is not that it takes half the amonunt of food to grow your city pop by 1 but when you build a settler. The city that produces the settler recovers a lot faster from the pop lost and then is able to produce a new settler a lot faster.
So for people that crank out settlers to expand very fast it is a very powerful wonder.
Its also a hell of a lot easier to field a army. The pyramids are far more powerful then HG when used right. When it comes right down to it the HG is completely useless, as it doesn't change the riot factor in diety but only lets you build a few more cities.. That is when your not playing with a modified rules.txt.....
Old August 4, 2002, 10:11   #125
HappySunShine
Warlord

Care to prove that markus? You can host, but we won't be using those **** map settings that you took a cheap win off of me last time. I'll give you pyramids, I get HG. Lets see who wins.
Old August 4, 2002, 11:08   #126
SmartFart
Civilization II MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEM
King

Are you available now? I'll hanging aroud for a while.
Old August 4, 2002, 11:57   #127
HappySunShine
Warlord

Yes I'm available now. I'll go in the chat room.
Old August 4, 2002, 14:49   #128
markusf
King

Quote:
Originally posted by HappySunShine
Care to prove that markus? You can host, but we won't be using those **** map settings that you took a cheap win off of me last time. I'll give you pyramids, I get HG. Lets see who wins.
you hosted that game with YOUR settings, remember because i hosted the second session with the normal riot factor and all your cities rebelled. On a island Map LH rules, if you have little grassland HG rules, if you have rivers pyramids rule. So i will play, as long as i have a few rivers and grasslands around. 3500 bc restart rule
Old August 4, 2002, 16:02   #129
HappySunShine
Warlord

First of all you didn't host ****. Second of all, we had alot of restarts with my map settings which is why we played a game with your map settings. Your little archipilageo small land masses ****. Second of all when my riot factor was at 18 in the ONLY DEITY GAME I have ever played you you told me half way through that the riot factor was wrong and you were right. So I reloaded the game with ME hosting with the normal riot factor. You then got HG and I resigned. Of course you had a pheasant and a whale in your capital and you also had whales in your next 3 cities while I had no whales and just forest in my first couple of cities. And no on an island map LH does not rule unless the other islands are so far away you can't get to them without lighthouse. And I've been told by SF that you lost to him when you had HG and he had pyramids...that's really pathetic.

To Emperor Montezuma (1300 B.C.): This is stupid. size 1 city now needs 3 units and a temple to stay happy. How does this contribute to the game other than to slow it down and bring people down to 1 level?
To Emperor Montezuma (1200 B.C.): You guys should just admit the fact that you like deity because it keeps the expansion speed on your level.
From Emperor Montezuma (1200 B.C.): i see your point. it just happened i got used to it and play all my games on deity
To Emperor Montezuma (1150 B.C.): I guess. All I want to hear is 1 thing from you guys on teh forum and I"ll never say another thing again. "I play deity because I like the slower expansion speed that allows me to keep up with the better players"
To Emperor Montezuma (1050 B.C.): lol I have rioting citizens now. Very nice. All part of the beauty of Deity. The fabled black citizen seen nowhere else.
From Emperor Montezuma (1050 B.C.): haha...i am dead in this one i know. no monarchy yet and only 6 cities. but i had to go for huts because i saw you got tribe early. unforunately i got barbs and misleading techs
To Emperor Montezuma (1050 B.C.): I got lots of misleading techs, no barbs.
To Emperor Montezuma (1000 B.C.): But don't complain though because on deity barbarians can kill 1 person and the other guy can't get any. All part of the strategy of deity, remember?
To Emperor Montezuma (975 B.C.): Shall we continue this or do you give up?
From Emperor Montezuma (975 B.C.): i might throw in the towel. not getting monarchy about 2000bc on deity is death penalty. i still havent it
To Emperor Montezuma (975 B.C.): You lost this game before you even started.
To Emperor Montezuma (975 B.C.): The only reason you beat markus without HG is because Markus sucks. Plain and simple.

This was my chat with SF in our game today. He even admits he agrees with my points. I rest my case.
Old August 4, 2002, 16:35   #130
DrSpike
Civilization IV: MultiplayerApolyton University
Deity

Local Time: 06:03
Hehe how does the experiment prove your point though? I mean, how are we mere mortals to tell between the power of HG and the omnipotence of Eyes?
Old August 4, 2002, 17:46   #131
markusf
King

It was your map settings settings. As anyone can plainly see from the attached map.

Just admit it, you have no clue how to build a civ without HG.
Attached Files:
File Type: net eyeslostdiety.net (73.0 KB, 2 views)
Old August 4, 2002, 18:34   #132
HappySunShine
Warlord

I never said the loss on deity was my map settings. I said the one on king 1x1x, your only win against me on king ever was your map settings. And I think this game proves my point yet again. You can't win without HG. And why did you get HG First? I think just by looking at the resources in your cities compared to mine answers any of those questions. The only cities that had good resources were half way around the world.
Old August 4, 2002, 19:51   #133
SmartFart
King

Look,Eyes,your win today was based on getting tribe on 3400 bc.Reading your posts i got an idea of what such of advantage can contribute to your civ.And i know you know it well too. So what are you trying to prove? We didn't even get close to find out what is more powerful on deity. Pyramids or HG?

Why did not posted our pre-game conversation? One when you didnt liked your island number in our 1st try?
That alone should allow me at least a rematch. If you have any sportsmanship at all.
Old August 4, 2002, 20:10   #134
SmartFart
King

And building on grassland,getting monarchy about 2000 b.c. with pyramids can make more production tnan any Hanger can do. But you need same hut luck in that one. Finding free city in 1st 10 turns is more powerful than any wonder. Tell me am wrong please.
Old August 4, 2002, 20:32   #135
Alexander's Horse
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 15:03
If only he would use his powers for good

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?
Old August 4, 2002, 20:42   #136
markusf
King

Quote:
Originally posted by SmartFart
And building on grassland,getting monarchy about 2000 b.c. with pyramids can make more production tnan any Hanger can do. But you need same hut luck in that one. Finding free city in 1st 10 turns is more powerful than any wonder. Tell me am wrong please.
lol, he got a whole string of free tribes in the game with me, and it didn't help him one bit.

If there is a 1000 year gap between when 2 players in a duel get monarchy the game is pretty much over then and there.
Old August 4, 2002, 21:00   #137
HappySunShine
Warlord

Ok so you're telling me that any sort of tribe within the first 1000 wins is an automatic win...WOW! What a great setting. So let me get this straight...Any tribe early is an automatic win, having to have 3 units and a temple to keep a size 1 city happy is all part of the strategy of deity, forcing yourself to cut back on expansion if you don't get HG is a quirk of Deity, barbarians attacking one person and not another is all strategy as well...sounds like a great setting. I'll tell you what smartass, I'll give you that rematch since you have already said and done everything I could ever possibly want from you. Markus I didn't get a whole slew of tribes number 1, and the tribes I did get were on the other side of the map. Look at where your tribes are and where your resources are. Cities with 100% corruption and do nothing but add to the riot factor aren't exactly advantageous, but of course you already knew that. I've proved my point with all of this, I even got one of you to admit that deity sucks and that you play it curb expansion. I'll give you your last game smartass and then I'm moving on to civ3.
Old August 4, 2002, 21:32   #138
SmartFart
King

I cannot figure out what the **** is wrong with you. So are you saying that finding a tribe doesnt means a **** or what? If you're saying that,then you're lying,because i know you're understanding power of that. It is so simple. Isn't it? I am avilable now. 1st game you won,you won it by that tribe.So? Was that a skill?
Old August 4, 2002, 21:44   #139
SmartFart
King

I mean what is the difference between building temples and regrouping your workers? Click or two at best.
Old August 4, 2002, 23:40   #140
Alexander's Horse
Deity

We really need that photo Happy/Eyes/Sean

How about one of you gloating over your latest victory/victim

Old August 5, 2002, 00:10   #141
HawkHunter
Civilization II Multiplayer
Warlord

yes we all would like to see that
Old August 5, 2002, 01:17   #142
Alexander's Horse
Deity

Don't hold your breath - Sean is too chicken to post his photo

Old August 5, 2002, 06:41   #143
Hydey
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

I believe he would quite cute in a tiny tennis skirt.

Hydey the no-limits man. :(
Old August 5, 2002, 12:24   #144
War4ever
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

somone find out when hes playing and just take pictures of the entire team
Old August 5, 2002, 12:33   #145
HappySunShine
Warlord

My ****ing point moron is that on any other setting but deity an advanced tribe within the first 1000 years doesn't guarantee a win. So why don't you sit back and shut the **** up. It's not my fault you admit to the fact that you play deity to curb expansion. It's not my fault you play a setting where anyone can win on any given game and strategy takes a back seat to luck. It's not my fault all the players on apolyton suck and continually insist on this setting so as to keep the game at their pace. Live with the fact that you and the rest of apolyton sucks and you'll never be any better. I guess playing on a setting where an early tribe can decide the win is truely a great setting, have fun.
Old August 5, 2002, 12:44   #146
markusf
King

Quote:
Originally posted by HappySunShine
My ****ing point moron is that on any other setting but deity an advanced tribe within the first 1000 years doesn't guarantee a win. So why don't you sit back and shut the **** up. It's not my fault you admit to the fact that you play deity to curb expansion. It's not my fault you play a setting where anyone can win on any given game and strategy takes a back seat to luck. It's not my fault all the players on apolyton suck and continually insist on this setting so as to keep the game at their pace. Live with the fact that you and the rest of apolyton sucks and you'll never be any better. I guess playing on a setting where an early tribe can decide the win is truely a great setting, have fun.
please explain to me why you didn't win our game then? you had 4 advanced tribes and i had 0.
Old August 5, 2002, 13:25   #147
HappySunShine
Warlord

Number 1, you got advanced tribes. One needs only to look at the original hut placement. Number 2 your land was 10 times as good as mine. And if you're trying to tell me that an early tribe doesn't do anything then you need to tell that to smartass and tell him that the game we played he lost was because of my skill. You can't have it both ways.
Old August 5, 2002, 20:34   #148
Alexander's Horse
Deity

Yes but where is the photo you little chickensh*t.

Old August 5, 2002, 22:37   #149
War4ever
Emperor

yeah markus, where is your photo...i know you hae a digital camera now.....you showed me some pictures