Old July 28, 2002, 10:58   #31
chequita guevara
ACDG The Human HiveDiplomacyApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 01:05
Local Date: November 1, 2010
All the forums? Hell no. I'm not a Mod.
Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Old July 28, 2002, 11:09   #32
The Emperor Fabulous
Civ4 SP Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 22:05
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Might I say...

Old July 28, 2002, 11:12   #33
Ecthy
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameSpanish Civers
Emperor

Local Time: 07:05
Old July 28, 2002, 12:31   #34
Heresson
Scenario League / Civ2-CreationNationStates
Emperor

Did You see the Simpsons' episode with resurrecting Lenin?
Old July 28, 2002, 12:41   #35
moomin
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

Local Time: 06:05
Soviet coming back? Now there's an opportunity to maka a killing - stock up on grain, and sell high when the famine hits!
Old July 28, 2002, 12:47   #36
Bereta_Eder
Settler

Soviets coming back?

Europe's social welfare system saved beyond any question.

So bring it back up
Old July 28, 2002, 13:07   #37
LaRusso
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Ming

Neither... it's because of ALL the crap he has posted tonight. Take a second and go through all the forums.
He's left his "mark" in many places... and much of what he says isn't very nice
soviet union coming back is nice....it means more jobs for decent hard working americans, especially those in the defence sector.
You are so anti-america that having a conversation with you would be poinless. You may or maynot feel you are an enemy of the United States, I don't care either way. However if I still worked for the Goverment I would turn over your e-mail address to my bosses and what ever happen, happens.
Old July 28, 2002, 14:18   #38
Carver
Prince

Local Time: 23:05
Quote:
Originally posted by Heresson
Did You see the Simpsons' episode with resurrecting Lenin?
Does anyone know where Lenin's body is? I think they removed it from the mosoleum, which is a shame when you think of Lenin's great accomplishments for Russia and the rest of the Union. Without Lenin and the revolution, Russia never would have been capable of defeating Nazi Germany and the world might be very different.
Old July 28, 2002, 14:33   #39
Heresson
Emperor

1)I have seen Him! I have seen Him!
2)I believe He's still there, but I may be wrong.
3)I disagree with You. Stalin was completely incompetent when it comes to the army stuff, and he murdered the most valuable part of the army. If not so-called Soviet communism Germany would be defeated in much shorter time.
A question is if the war started if not Stalin and his alliance with Hitler in 1939.
Old July 28, 2002, 15:28   #40
Giancarlo
King

Local Time: 02:05
Re: When the Soviet Union comes back.
Quote:
Originally posted by Soviet Beast
What will YOU do when the Soviet Union returns?
It won't. The Soviet Union is dead. Long live the Russian Republic, now it is prosperous. Putinism is what I call it.
Lets face it. We flamiing queers have more appeal then Pat Robertson and other religious wackos. We have shows that are really growing in popularity. We have more channels (Q TV, Logo Channel). And we help people in their style issues (Queer Eye for the Straight Guy). The last thing I saw a religious preacher did was ask for $5 in a "generous pledge" to help his bank account in Zurich, erhm, some starving kids in Zimbabwe.
Old July 28, 2002, 15:32   #41
Rasbelin
Emperor

Soviet Beast =

Ming,

what kind of a penalty will he get, or got? 100% PCR?
Old July 28, 2002, 15:34   #42
Rasbelin
Emperor

Carver,

Lenin is still inside his hut at the Red Square in Moscow.
Old July 28, 2002, 15:34   #43
Giancarlo
King

I forgot to mention I got a lot of political idols, and Putin is one of them. Russia loves him and he brought everything to good levels, and Russia got named a free market economy because of him.
Lets face it. We flamiing queers have more appeal then Pat Robertson and other religious wackos. We have shows that are really growing in popularity. We have more channels (Q TV, Logo Channel). And we help people in their style issues (Queer Eye for the Straight Guy). The last thing I saw a religious preacher did was ask for $5 in a "generous pledge" to help his bank account in Zurich, erhm, some starving kids in Zimbabwe.
Old July 28, 2002, 15:34   #44
LaRusso
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Heresson
1)I have seen Him! I have seen Him!
2)I believe He's still there, but I may be wrong.
3)I disagree with You. Stalin was completely incompetent when it comes to the army stuff, and he murdered the most valuable part of the army. If not so-called Soviet communism Germany would be defeated in much shorter time.
A question is if the war started if not Stalin and his alliance with Hitler in 1939.
He was talking about Lenin.
You have an interesting grasp of history.
You are so anti-america that having a conversation with you would be poinless. You may or maynot feel you are an enemy of the United States, I don't care either way. However if I still worked for the Goverment I would turn over your e-mail address to my bosses and what ever happen, happens.
Old July 28, 2002, 15:35   #45
Kepler
Settler

Local Time: 21:05
The Hanseatic League stands about as much of a revival chance as the USSR.

In that part of the world, my money's on the Swedes. They've just been lying low, waiting...
Old July 28, 2002, 15:37   #46
Rasbelin
Emperor

The Hansa and Sweden? Germany and the Hanseatic league is perhaps a bit more relevant. But yes, Sweden had it's part in it.
Old July 28, 2002, 15:43   #47
moomin
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

Local Time: 06:05
Quote:
Originally posted by Rasbelin
The Hansa and Sweden? Germany and the Hanseatic league is perhaps a bit more relevant. But yes, Sweden had it's part in it.
Or you could say Gotland, Götaland and Sveland had part in it. Not that claiming Germany is more relevant than Sweden anyway, given the time-frame.

If you gonna count present countries, you can fit Finland in as well, you know.
Old July 28, 2002, 15:54   #48
Heresson
Emperor

"He was talking about Lenin."

In point 1 and two I was talking about Lenin too if You haven't noticed
Point three isn't. Why? My claim is that Russia would have been stronger if not the revolution, and it's not thanks to Lenin himself, but Stalin. That's obvious, isn't it?
Old July 28, 2002, 15:58   #49
Giancarlo
King

BTW, this is directed to Soviet Beast... being against Putin is basically being an idiot. Russia wouldn't be having capitalist prosperity if it weren't for him!
Old July 28, 2002, 16:01   #50
Bereta_Eder
Settler

Russians were better off under Soviet government. For the time being at least.
Old July 28, 2002, 16:04   #51
Giancarlo
King

Quote:
Originally posted by paiktis22
Russians were better off under Soviet government. For the time being at least.
Yes for a very short while. The economic growth in the soviet union was mostly superficial at best.

But if Russia takes about ten more years of Putinism then they will surpass the standard of living ever promised by the Soviet government. Why they aren't better off now is because of a klepocrat called Yelstin who sat drinking Vodka all day while watching his country fall apart.
Old July 28, 2002, 16:09   #52
Rasbelin
Emperor

moomin,

yes, you're right, but let's not confuse the others.
Old July 28, 2002, 16:35   #53
KrazyHorse
Deity

Quote:
The economic growth in the soviet union was mostly superficial at best
Not true. There were significant boom periods, and Russia proper in 1991 was much better off than Russia proper in 1917, wrt the West...
Get Rich or Die Tryin'
Old July 28, 2002, 16:37   #54
Giancarlo
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Frogger
Quote:
The economic growth in the soviet union was mostly superficial at best
Not true. There were significant boom periods, and Russia proper in 1991 was much better off than Russia proper in 1917, wrt the West...
I strongly disagree. The economic growth was bureaucratic at the best and was centered on the bureaucracy. The Russia today, 2002, is better off then the Soviet Union ever was.
Old July 28, 2002, 16:37   #55
KrazyHorse
Deity

Oh, and the GDP of Russia in 1925 had reattained the level it was at in 1913 (In 1917 it was significantly lower than in 1913) despite the fact that for most of this period the Red government had to fight a bloody civil war against the Whites...
Get Rich or Die Tryin'
Old July 28, 2002, 16:38   #56
KrazyHorse
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Fez

I strongly disagree. The economic growth was bureaucratic at the best and was centered on the bureaucracy. The Russia today, 2002, is better off then the Soviet Union ever was.
I suggest you read a proper history of the USSR.
Get Rich or Die Tryin'
Old July 28, 2002, 16:39   #57
Giancarlo
King

You have to look at the value of money through the years... so your argument doesn't make sense. In numerical terms Russia in 1925 may have reached what it was in 1913, but money value wasn't the same.
Old July 28, 2002, 16:40   #58
Giancarlo
King

Quote:

I suggest you read a proper history of the USSR.

I suggest you do. Do you really want a disfunctional economy of that of the USSR to really come back?
Old July 28, 2002, 16:42   #59
KrazyHorse
Deity

Quote:
Oh, and the GDP of Russia in 1925 had reattained the level it was at in 1913 (In 1917 it was significantly lower than in 1913) despite the fact that for most of this period the Red government had to fight a bloody civil war against the Whites...
Souce is "An Economic History of the USSR".

Quote:
You have to look at the value of money through the years... so your argument doesn't make sense. In numerical terms Russia in 1925 may have reached what it was in 1913, but money value wasn't the same
That's funny, because in absolute economic terms (bushels of wheat, tons of steel etc.) Russia in 1925 was also outproducing Russia of 1913. Have you ever thought that someone might think to account for inflation?
Get Rich or Die Tryin'
Old July 28, 2002, 16:44   #60
KrazyHorse
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Fez

I suggest you do.
I already have, and am using a scholarly source to back my assertions. (Written by a Soviet expat living in London at the height of the Cold War).
Get Rich or Die Tryin'