Old July 29, 2002, 21:27   #1
civ2yahoo
Settler

Local Time: 05:10
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Player Autopalace Relocation
What I've just seen happen may not be the same with the normal single player game.

I've been playing a hotseat ww2 scenario (the one that came with the game, not Red Front, etc) playing as all 7 countries included.

The Allies took their first city south of Oslo (having taken that entire pennisula), then the next turn they took Berlin, and I was curious to see how much corruption the German cities would have under a Republic with no palace.

I picked the most centralized city left, to build a new palace, only to find out that the computer had already switched my city Munich from whatever it was producing before Palace.

Does this always happen when a player loses his capital? Does production in one city change to a palace? Its nice to know, especially if you were building a wonder in that city.
Old July 29, 2002, 21:57   #2
Smash
Emperor

Local Time: 21:10
Local Date: October 31, 2010
no its the hotseat aspect.Once you press enter the ai takes over your civ.They can change governments,change orders,send units etc.Its a real pain and the main reason hotseat is not played that much.

I'm not sure but if you "save" 1 unit and then press ctrl+N to end turn that might work.Thats what they do for pbem games.
Old July 29, 2002, 22:08   #3
civ2yahoo
Settler

Local Time: 05:10
I've never noticed changing movement orders. Shrugs.

But I just noticed the cheat menu was greyed out, as usual for hotseat, but checked. I was curious after my build queue gave a cheat button. Thats never happened before either to me.
Old July 29, 2002, 23:37   #4
Rasbelin
Emperor

Local Time: 07:10
At least I've noticed in normal SP that re-building the Palace would have number one priority for the AI after loosing it, but can't say exactly about MP with AI players included.