Old July 29, 2002, 22:18   #1
Leonel
Settler

Local Time: 21:10
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Operation Flashpoint rawks!
Operation Flashpoint is the coolest game I know! When I first heard about it, I thought "Cool! Battles between NATO and the Soviets!" but I had no idea about what was in store! In the game you can do a campaign game, single mission game or do whatever! The mission editor is so easy, you put stuff there, press preview and you can simply drive around the island to admire the scenery. Or you can have a huge battle with tons of tanks, apc's, infantry and helicopters that'll make the people around you wondering what the heck you're up to! Not to mention that everyday, awesome addon makers are making wicked cool addons like a Ford Explorer, 60's muscle car, F-16's and submarines. (though the submarine really isn't a submarine though) It's like a real life simulator in which you can do whatever you want! Drive off a cliff, kamikazi into some tanks, Stinger down some Frogfoots, pretend to be a farmer 'cause a tractor is included in the came. It's cool. The sad part about it is that you need like a 700 mhz cpu, tons of RAM and a high end graphics card. My configuration is a 700 mhz cpu, 128 mb RAM and a GeForce 2 MX 64mb. But it's worth it! The one thing I hate about it is that it's in Seattle and I'm on the other side of the world until Sept. 28th! Grrr! Check out Operation Flashpoint.
Old July 30, 2002, 03:19   #2
DarthVeda
Emperor

Local Time: 01:10
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I already own it and I think it's one of the best games I've ever bought. Driving around in a T-80 and smashing houses, trucks, shooting civilians... what a game!

Seriously... it's the best squad-based action game out there, and it's so uber-realistic and pays attention to the modern military... if you love military equipment and dream of riding around in it... this game is for you!
Old July 30, 2002, 09:22   #3
DinoDoc
Civilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 00:10
How does it compare to the Delta Force & Rainbow 6 games? I ask because I can get the original game and the Soviet expansion for around 30$.
Blackwidow24 and FemmeAdonis fan club
Old July 31, 2002, 15:24   #4
DinoDoc
Deity

Bump.
Old July 31, 2002, 18:44   #5
ixnay
Civilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Lux InvictaPtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Cake or Death?C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations Team
Emperor

Local Time: 23:10
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Played the demo, and was quite impressed. It looks quite accurate and detailed.
Old August 1, 2002, 11:14   #6
Moral Hazard
King

Local Time: 01:10
It certainly does!
Op Flashpoint was the best game of 2001 in my opinion. I was leery of getting it, because I generally hated Rogue Spear (The only tactical FPS I played before it, didn't even finish it). I did love one level from Rogue Spear, that being the Serbian level, This level was the closest thing to Op Flash, I'd seen before. Of course Op flash goes beyond that. Basically It blows the Rainbow series out of the water, but I'm not the best person to ask. Plus the story is great and plays like a good war movie. Oh and driving a tank is awesome, the heli wasn't great but it was still fun. I haven't played MP, yet though.

Dino I would definitly buy it. BTW has anyone played resistance yet is it worth getting?
Old August 1, 2002, 13:24   #7
August Borms
Prince

Local Time: 06:10
Yeah, OFP is an excellent game
Old August 2, 2002, 10:44   #8
DinoDoc
Deity

I finally got the game.

Has anyone heard of this mod: Invasion 1944: The Fields of Glory? It looks somewhat interesting.
Old August 3, 2002, 20:21   #9
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 07:10
I played OFP quite alot last year. Great game btw
Do you guys do MP too an has the netcode improved? There used to be a lot of lag.
It is abit of a hassle to update from version1 to 1.6
Old August 5, 2002, 22:55   #10
faded glory
Civilization II Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 05:10
How is MP action? is it soviet vs nato?

thanks

(ya i got around to comin here