Old July 30, 2002, 14:37   #1
MarkG
Apolytoners Hall of FameApolyCon 06 Participants
Apolyton CS Co-Founder

Local Time: 07:12
Local Date: November 1, 2010
One of Two Faces of gOd Intervenes!
In a dramatic note to it's people, gOd (not to be confused with God), intervened today in the matters of Apolytonia.

"It iZ really a Zhame", MarkG noted. "After liZtening to their prayerZ We have created thiZ beautifull world for our people. And what to we get in return? Not a Zingle newzupdate on what they do with their world!"

gOd formed Apolytonia a few weeks ago and the nation seems to be going rather well, but only a single ceremony called "newZupdate" has been made so far. In another occasion, MarkG had to come down himself to take a look on the elections held two weeks ago.

"We even opened The Zecret Book Of pollZ", DanQ the other face of gOd, said with a sigh. "They prayed for help with their electionZ and we reZponded inZtantly. If thiZ keepZ going we are Zeriously thinking of packing our bagZ and going to Zee our folks on Alpha Centauri!" DanQ continued as MarkG threatened "and you can forget those regiZtration spellz!"

President Ninot was not availiable for comment. His secretary gave some excuse about "having to format his 5 1/4 diskettes"

Last edited by MarkG; July 30, 2002 at 14:43.
Old July 30, 2002, 14:45   #2
Edrix

In brief - we beat the Americans, and we're going for France now. We rocked the house.

Old July 30, 2002, 14:48   #3
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 23:12
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Perhaps with our newly constructed temple, we can channel our prayers better. Send me info on this news update, and I will make them. What do you need? Can the paper suffice? (just the news section?) Check my sig for a link to the paper.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old July 30, 2002, 14:52   #4
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Bow and Scrape. Bow and Scrape.

Yes. UnOrthOdOx is your mortal for this job.
Old July 30, 2002, 14:53   #5
MarkG
Apolyton CS Co-Founder

"Zee the Civ2 and Civ3 newZarchiveZ", said the voice of MarkG
Old July 30, 2002, 15:10   #6
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Forgive this humble mortal, oh mighty gOd, but I meant, how do I submit them. Directly to you via PM, or is there some other ritual that is needed? And how often would you like this done?

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old July 30, 2002, 15:49   #7
Nikolai
Apolyton UniversityC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Oh, mighty gOd! I'll humbly apologize on the behalf of all members of Apolytonia! If we get a little time, I'm sure we can do something!
Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. -Isaiah 41:10
The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. - Zephaniah 3:17
Get The List for cIV here!
Old July 30, 2002, 16:26   #8
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Do not fear fellow citizens, I shall travel to the temple and pray to gOd as often as needed to appease them. I already write the news anyway, just need to tell them that in my prayers. (Plus get some advertising for my paper...)

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old July 30, 2002, 17:13   #9
DAVOUT
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 06:12
Some bananas as an offertory would help ? We are quite short of gold and other amenities.
Old July 30, 2002, 17:37   #10
disorganizer
Prince

Local Time: 05:12
Wow! They even can speak directly with their creator!
We only have prohets to speak to... :-(

Visit the Rebel Pub and Brewery in Bavaria, Fanatika!
Old July 30, 2002, 18:16   #11
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 01:12
Our creator is a kind and generious one. He shows mercy when called for, and his wrath is great when the need arises. Some day we all look forward to his world visit. We shall supply him with all the bananas, beer and other amenities he requires. Until that time, we work to keep his generosity great and his anger low. Peace.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old July 30, 2002, 20:18   #12
Kramerman
Prince

I HAVE FAILED YOU, ALMIGHTY ONE.
*stays concious not to llok directly at the being of light and always to llok down*
I will give ALL I have in banans to appease these, gOds.
Old July 31, 2002, 01:04   #13
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Local Time: 00:12
hey greek boy, wheres your damn S?
Old July 31, 2002, 05:08   #14
Kramerman
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by GodKing
Our creator is a kind and generious one. He shows mercy when called for, and his wrath is great when the need arises. Some day we all look forward to his world visit. We shall supply him with all the bananas, beer and other amenities he requires. Until that time, we work to keep his generosity great and his anger low. Peace.
Not only will we shower him with bananas and beer, but our gOd would most likely appreciate virgin women (or men, Im not exactly sure which way our gOds swing) to either be sacrificed or placed in a dark cave of his liking. Im sure Skywalker could provide the bananas, I can provide the the whor... er.... virgins from my pimp enterprise. I dunno who will bring the beer though, any volunteers?

Kman
Old July 31, 2002, 07:16   #15
Nikolai
Apolyton UniversityC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Wouldn't the president be a good option?
Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. -Isaiah 41:10
The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. - Zephaniah 3:17
Get The List for cIV here!
Old July 31, 2002, 09:36   #16
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Kman -
If all that is required is to supply him with beer, I shall be more than happy to do so.

GK

ps, nice avatar - see you made the 500 mark.

--Con
Old July 31, 2002, 11:58   #17
GePap
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by UberKruX
hey greek boy, wheres your damn S?

Our SMC dares insult gOd and raise his anger against our fair nation! It is clear, if we loose the next war, the SMC's blasphemy is to blame, and we wil have to sacrefice him to the ALMIGHTY gOd!
"Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw
Old July 31, 2002, 17:18   #18
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Local Time: 00:12
markos would love it if you sacrificed me.

Old July 31, 2002, 17:46   #19
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Alright, I'll do the newZupdate :

The war against America is won ! We hit the Amercians hard and swiftly, so that they had no choice but to accept a humiliating peace deal !
Now, our glorious Apolytonia arose t a worldpower, while it was a mere dot on the map previously. Our empire is now 9 cities big, and matches the most developed empires.
Now that the war against America is over, we're preparing war against France, which should happen in 20 turns or so. We are massively building warriors, in order to give them swords once we get Iron from our easternmost city.
Here's an overview of our empire :

Last newZupdate was filled with political heath, but things have cooled down : parties are almost silent now, even if the Foreign Minister election is currently occuring.
By the same token, the "constitutional rage" of last week has now abated : we now have more threads abut the game than our procedures.
However, the constitutional rage has been productive : we have now a judicial system charged to enforce our Law. Our justices are Captain, Epistax, Jdjdjd, NotYouEither and Trip.

We got visitors from Phoenatica, the DemoGame hosted on Civfanatics. We have friendly relationships so far, and even opened an embassy there. Their technology is amazing, with "railroads" and "computers", but quite confusing for us Apolytonians.

We are looking forward to the future, which we know is bright. Our glorious empire will be the most powerful and enlightened Civ the world will ever know, despite our jungly origins.
Old July 31, 2002, 17:56   #20
GodKing
Emperor

Excelent job Spiffor.

--Con
Old August 2, 2002, 08:45   #21
MarkG
Apolyton CS Co-Founder

gOd would like to thank it'Z humble followerZ UnOrthOdOx and Zpiffor for their work, deZpite the fact that they are not part of the PrieZtminiZtration

gOd now expectZ regular weekly newZupdateZ
Old August 2, 2002, 08:54   #22
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Spiffor, you want to work together and form a news team or something? Looks like we got a mix and match of your update here and the one I pm'd.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 2, 2002, 10:51   #23
Spiffor

Unortho :
Actually, I did it because nobody seemed to want to, not because I wanted to do it. If you'd like to make weekly newsupdates, there's no problem. If it bothers you to make a newsupdate per week, we could share the burden, and each one writes a newsupdate every 2 weeks.
Old August 2, 2002, 10:58   #24
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

What about a thread each week? I missed some stuff you thought was important and vice versa. Perhaps a thread that anyone can add what they feel would be best?

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 2, 2002, 11:04   #25
Spiffor

Excellent idea Unortho
Old August 2, 2002, 11:09   #26
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

OK, I can make one each Saturday, not counting tomorrow,
include my report, then the public can add to it. And MarkG can pull out what he wants. A weekly sojourn to the temple won't bee all that bad. Now if my home of Termina only had one...

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby