Old July 31, 2002, 03:50   #1
GoodFella
Warlord

Local Time: 05:14
Local Date: November 1, 2010
War Academy/Department of Public Works: Road to France
I need to look at the maps again, but I'm thinking a road to France from Termina could be made if it would be considered useful for our future military plans.

The downside: it would probably come at the cost of a road to Philadelphia, since the highest worker priority is building a road to iron. We could split our Apolytonian Plains column, but I think it would be better to keep them stacked.
Old July 31, 2002, 08:19   #2
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 07:14
Road to Timeline City (former Philadelphia) is very low priority, and road to France will be nice once our conquest is over, to bring wines and more horses to Apolyton.

However, our top priorities right now is the connection of Gaia, and the connection to iron. We should also work one or 2 tiles in 'Poly radius, because of possible size 5 (minig the horses would be just fine)
Old July 31, 2002, 08:53   #3
Robber Baron
Prince

Local Time: 00:14
Quote:
Originally posted by Spiffor
our top priorities right now is the connection of Gaia, and the connection to iron.
Agreed. We need several workers roading towards Ubergorsk, IMO, and then carving out some jungle there.
Old July 31, 2002, 09:06   #4
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

Local Time: 06:14
We have 3 workers and 3 slaves near BHQ, to build the road to Ubergorsk, after they finished to connect the dyes. These can road a jungle tile in 1 turn (yea Spiffor, for real ), and thus will quickly have done. So far for my preparation, now, the real PW minister can take over again.
Old July 31, 2002, 12:09   #5
GePap
Emperor

Local Time: 23:14
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I think that a decision for or against war with France should be taken before we start to construct the infrastructure. Even when done with the road to the Iron, we need to clear more jungle, so those 6 workers migh be taken up with other duties for a while.

EDIT: Well, with plan Gold winning by a landslide, a road to France is necessary, so after the de and iron roads it should be next in line.
"Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Last edited by GePap; July 31, 2002 at 12:27.
Old July 31, 2002, 14:36   #6
GoodFella
Warlord

Local Time: 05:14
We have plenty of workers as Sir Ralph said connecting Gaia and and its iron.

We can use our four workers in Apolytonia to mine the horses andthen build a road from Termina.

And once again, thanks for covering me while I was gone Sir Ralph.
Old July 31, 2002, 14:42   #7
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Perhaps we should rethink this whole road to France in preparation for the war thing. I mean, surely it would be great if we had a war with France and made a swift victory. In that case we could quickly bring wines and horses to the rest of our connected cities. But what happens if our primary assault fails and the French retaliate? Then the road will serve to their favor.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old July 31, 2002, 15:32   #8
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Road to France will be great for trade, but won't be significant in our conquest of France :
our archers will go from Timeline City (former Philadelphia) to Chartres IIRC, and the roads will not serve them (as TLC won't be connected).
Our sworsmen wil disembark from galleys, to allow a swift victory (2 cities acquired within 1 turn)
A road to France is a good idea, but we must settle all other important matters before digging it.
Old July 31, 2002, 23:38   #9
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

When the attac was with archers I was for a road to timeline, but since our archers will be there well ahead of the creation of the swordsmen, our first priority should be the road to uber. However that is well accounted for by the 6 workers, they could be in iron in 14 turns i believe, so the three american workers can work near apolyton or elsewhere. Though those 3 produce a road in 3 turns so maybe roading to timeline is an idea so when they return to beat america they can save a few turns. Hopefully we can buy some more workers. I'll be keeping an eye out for them on the market as will spiffor i'm sure.
Aggie
Old July 31, 2002, 23:42   #10
Edrix

The jungle should be the main priority for our workers. We need only worry about getting a road to France when Chartres is named after bananas or something.

Old August 1, 2002, 00:16   #11
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

We could start building that way, but we shouldn't need to use the road until after the invasion is over (especially if we keep the galleys close) unless the invasion force needs reinforcements. I'd say it should be put on the list, especially since it'll allow us to expand our trade network to include the French cities and surrounding resources, but I don't think it needs to be rushed.

-- adaMada