View Poll Results: Please read below for voting.
yes 14 56.00%
no 10 40.00%
abstain 1 4.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 1, 2002, 09:58   #31
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 23:15
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Kramerman

I will hold my vote just because it seems a week is to far in advance. But it doesnt really matter to me. I dont plan my schedual around Civ III Democracy Game turn chats, so I rarely participate no matter how far in advance you tell me. But I believe Im one of the few of our citizens like this.
We may be few, but we are vocal!

This is why I do not run for a Minister postition as well. If you will be unable to attend chat times, either petition for them to be changed with MrWIA or don't run. And don't let your party pressure you into taking a position you know you will not be able to fill.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 1, 2002, 12:38   #32
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 01:15
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I apologize for not making this as a discussion thread first. I originally thought of this as such a simple matter that it wouldn't/shouldn’t need one. I was wrong. I didn't even foresee the points Ninot is making.

Ninot is making some good points.

Judging by the 23 votes so far, 12 vote yes, 10 no, and 1 abstain (manually adding in skywalker); this will not pass at this time. However, by reading the comments, realize that if the time was reduced to 4 days instead of 7, it probably would. Ninot, as our current president, I call upon you to find a compromise, and make it work. you obviously have the most reservations about this. Many of us regulars feel that some sort of regularity in turn chats with notice is needed however. So please, see what you can do to help.

I haven't been able to make turn chats until recently. Even then, I am still at work most of the time and they are simply going on in the background while I type a letter or do some AutoCAD. As such, if I ever become a minister, I will have to make plans ahead of time, appoint a deputy, or hope that the chat times change. It is because I recognize this that if I were to run, I would take this into account, and hopefully others would do the same.

Again, I apologize for not posting this as a discussion first. Peace.

GK

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old August 1, 2002, 21:09   #33
Ninot
PtWDG RoleplayC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 00:15
Quote:
Originally posted by GodKing
I apologize for not making this as a discussion thread first. I originally thought of this as such a simple matter that it wouldn't/shouldn’t need one. I was wrong. I didn't even foresee the points Ninot is making.

Ninot is making some good points.

Judging by the 23 votes so far, 12 vote yes, 10 no, and 1 abstain (manually adding in skywalker); this will not pass at this time. However, by reading the comments, realize that if the time was reduced to 4 days instead of 7, it probably would. Ninot, as our current president, I call upon you to find a compromise, and make it work. you obviously have the most reservations about this. Many of us regulars feel that some sort of regularity in turn chats with notice is needed however. So please, see what you can do to help.

I haven't been able to make turn chats until recently. Even then, I am still at work most of the time and they are simply going on in the background while I type a letter or do some AutoCAD. As such, if I ever become a minister, I will have to make plans ahead of time, appoint a deputy, or hope that the chat times change. It is because I recognize this that if I were to run, I would take this into account, and hopefully others would do the same.

Again, I apologize for not posting this as a discussion first. Peace.

GK
GK, i thank you very much for stating this. Without it, comprimise would have been harder to agree to reach.

Yes, I will comprimise as much as I can, and if we can agree that this poll, with the options it gives, are not truly the ones we want to present, then I agree wholeheartedly to a situation of comprimise.

Now, shall we wait for the vote to end at its current rate, or shall we get right to building an ammendment that will be acceptable?
Old August 1, 2002, 21:17   #34
Ninot
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by notyoueither
Not to be a piss-ant Ninot, however the power to judge polls as valid or no has been removed from your office to another, hopefully less political forum.
I just like to talk big

Anyways, the way the poll was done, it would be against the CoL in the areas I pointed out (such as the bias included in the first post, to encourage votes one way)

And, as it is true that if i declared it invalid or not is of no consequence. It would be within my power, or anyones power, to ask the court to view this matter.

Now, i dont really care to expand on this much more, so ill just shut my pie-hole.
Old August 2, 2002, 08:55   #35
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Ninot, lets get to work.

Void the poll here. This thread shall become the discussion.

What would you suggest? My origianal can be the base to work off of. Many people have posted keeping it the same, but changing the 7 days down to 4. What do you all think?

--Con
Old August 2, 2002, 10:03   #36
Ninot
Emperor

I think 4 days notice would work beautifully. its longer than the minimum length of a poll, and gives decent notice to anyone really.
Old August 6, 2002, 10:15   #37
GodKing
Emperor

** BUMP **

OK, as nobody else is posting here at this time, I assume that nobody has any major issues, so I will give it one more day then I shall redo the poll.

--Con