Old August 28, 2002, 06:03   #61
moomin
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

Local Time: 06:19
Local Date: November 1, 2010
And Civ3 sold well enough on pure brand to actually merit patching and an expansion...
Old August 28, 2002, 10:39   #62
Spaced Cowboy
Emperor

Local Time: 00:19
But will that be the case with Moo3?
Old August 28, 2002, 10:47   #63
Straybow
Civilization II Succession GamesSpanish CiversPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization II Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 22:19
Local Date: October 31, 2010
If R4TS hadn't $ucked so bad it would have sold well on name alone. Could've done really well if it had been fun. It just made me scratch my head and say, "What were these guys thinking?"
Straybow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28, 2002, 12:40   #64
moomin
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

I don't think any space 4x has brand name enough to sell well on just that. It has to be real good as well.

Well, unless Blizzards decides to make one, anyway.
Old August 28, 2002, 12:53   #65
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 01:19
You may be right Moomin (yeah we recall you as Paratroopin). I do think that if they get on the shelfs they have enough name to do well, if the game is at least good. If it is better than good, then it will boom. The problem as I see it is that people here do not get to decide the issue of if it is good. I say that because we think Moo2 was good, but the gaming world was not bowled over.
vmxa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28, 2002, 12:58   #66
Spaced Cowboy
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by moomin
I don't think any space 4x has brand name enough to sell well on just that. It has to be real good as well.

Well, unless Blizzards decides to make one, anyway.
I think that blizzard could put a piece of sh1t in a box and would sell 4 million copies. They would not do that however, cuz they know that they have a good thing going.
Old August 28, 2002, 13:13   #67
Master Marcus
Prince

I won't mind Q1 or Q2 2003, since I too have plenty of games to play. Have you noticed since how much time they haven't updated the "september-ish" and Q3 2002??? And the project hasn't reached beta yet....They work so hard to rush the game, then not much time is left for inputs to the fans ( quite a change of pace since Emrich's era...)
Old August 28, 2002, 14:01   #68
moomin
King

Hey, gent's, let's start a pool. We all guess a date and the guy who's closest gets... well, the honor.
Old August 28, 2002, 14:56   #69
Spaced Cowboy
Emperor

Okay I'm first, and I'll take Dec 2002, buggy as he77.
Old August 28, 2002, 16:02   #70
moomin
King

Cheat!

Ok, pen me in for Feb 03.
Old August 28, 2002, 17:44   #71
vmxa1
Deity

My guess is based on zero facts or knowledge, just a blind shot in the dark---- Mar 2003. If they miss Xmas, you should wait awhile to let the public recover from the spending and all the games they will have.
Old August 28, 2002, 22:00   #72
DATarbell

January is actually considered one of the premium software-selling seasons of the year, so I'm guessing January.
Old August 28, 2002, 23:01   #73
SeanV
Chieftain

Darn you guys took all of Q1 2003!

Oh well, put me down for April '03... maybe I'll get lucky.
And of course if they actually spend all of that time making the game and polishing it then it ought to be good. Maybe they will even have an open beta test!

Well I can dream

Last edited by SeanV; August 28, 2002 at 23:16.
SeanV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28, 2002, 23:32   #74
vmxa1
Deity

You are allowed to pick any month even if taken or just pick month and day. I just made that rule up.
Old August 29, 2002, 09:40   #75
moomin
King

In fact, if you pick a day and do it right, we'll all bow to your supreme wisdom.
Old August 29, 2002, 18:01   #76
Master Marcus
Prince

Feb 2003.
Old August 29, 2002, 18:21   #77
player1
Emperor

Local Time: 07:19
There was some interesting discussion on official MOO3 boards.

Link:
www.ina-community.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=197937

By Harel Eilam:
Quote:
Hello boys and girls. Missed me? It's been a while.
I'ms feeling especially nasty today, thank you. I just got rear-ended by the most careless driver. My neck is sour, and I'm annoyed. So, I thought I'll distribute my love with a big shovel. :-)
Seriously, thought, I've been a way for a great deal of time but the disappointing amount of good games coming out in the last two months (none, almost) got me intrested in MOO3 again. My friends told me that MOO3 is still up to Q3, and directed me to this forum. So, let's kill THIS rumor.

In my real life, I'm a game jouranlist - I'm the annoying guy who supply you with lying reviews and old news. So, I've set to find out what's going with MOO3. Why beat around the bush, guess around and consult game shops? I've just went and asked around in Infogrames, and the official release date for the game is 21 september. Now, here is something important - according to the same spokeperson who gave me the 21th of september, he says it usually takes three weeks for Infogrames to go from Gold to store shelves. Which means the game has to go gold NOW, TODAY, RIGHT THIS MINUTE in order to reach the stores during Q3. Not in two weeks from now, nor nearer the end of the month... NOW. A Q3 release date does not mean the game is done during this month - it means the game reaches the stores this month. That time period is passing now, and we can safely say we lost it. MOO3 will NOT ship this quarter. Now, if someone from QS is willing to come forward and say when, that will be splendid...

Later, all.
player1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30, 2002, 00:53   #78
vmxa1
Deity

I think that sums it up.
Old August 30, 2002, 03:58   #79
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 16:19
November 2002.

All the decent dates are taken.
Old August 30, 2002, 08:39   #80
Spaced Cowboy
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Skanky Burns
November 2002.

Skanky,

Actually, that might be the best date. How good would it be for them to release the day after Thanksgiving (end of Nov)...the biggest shopping day in the US
Old August 30, 2002, 09:56   #81
moomin
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Skanky Burns
Didn't stop Master Marcus from stealing mine. You can help yourself as well if you want to!
Old August 30, 2002, 20:34   #82
Master Marcus
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by moomin
Didn't stop Master Marcus from stealing mine. You can help yourself as well if you want to!
hmmmpff. This is not a steal, only an opinion's share. I didn't see any rules in this thread saying no more than 1 vote per month...
Old August 31, 2002, 12:37   #83
vmxa1
Deity

Well AVAULT last release dates has Moo3 for 12/02/02, so QS needs to get off that Sept date.
Old August 31, 2002, 22:04   #84
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 16:19
RPM thinks my date is a good one, so I might just stick to it.
Old September 4, 2002, 17:31   #85
Grumbold
Emperor

PC Gamer UK reports that the latest official Infogrames release dates have moved MOO3 from September 2002 to "to be confirmed"....
Old September 4, 2002, 18:59   #86
moomin
King

Xentax, where art thou? Gives us the beef!
Old September 5, 2002, 13:44   #87
ashbery
Chieftain

Local Time: 05:19
Rantz said this on IG board=

Just a very brief and quick note to bring everyone up to speed on where we are.

This is the final stretch for us, which means a LOT of late nights, a lot of balancing, testing, bug fixing. Thank goodness for the invention of caffeine. We are still plugging away on MOO III harder than ever. It's very close now (no, I cannot give you a street date though, sorry) and we are eager to get it to you as soon as we can while still making sure it's everything it should be in terms of bugs and balance.

If you don't hear much from us in the next two-three weeks, please realize that we have VERY little in the way of free time here... every single moment is getting spent on this last push, so be patient, soon... very soon.

thanks, I look forward to having everyone play the game

ashbery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5, 2002, 14:56   #88
vmxa1
Deity

Yes he did say that. I even believe he is sincere. To me it only means the game is going to come out at some point and not be like , oh say Stars2. The thing is that with getting a final cut approved and off the press and in stores, the window for this year is starting to close.
Old September 5, 2002, 15:54   #89
moomin
King

So I guess the September date is no longer official then?
Old September 5, 2002, 22:56   #90
DATarbell

From a purely production standpoint, a September release date is still not out of the question. There are many CD replication houses that can turn a gold CD in less than a week. If the boxes and other boxed materials have already been printed (the longest part of the production process, but easily scheduled prior to, say, the CD), then add a couple more days for product build, and a few more days to rush it into stores.

So, it's conceivable, but...