Old August 11, 2002, 11:36   #31
von Blücher
Chieftain

Local Time: 06:23
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Nothing much to say except we're eagerly working on our destiny to be the dominating force in Europe: well military we are, economically we will be soon.
Attached Files:
File Type: rar 1870janger.rar (48.7 KB, 5 views)
Old August 11, 2002, 16:03   #32
academia
Civilization II PBEMSpanish CiversScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Local Time: 01:23
Nothing relevant to report
Attached Files:
File Type: zip usa1870jan.zip (58.6 KB, 2 views)
Old August 11, 2002, 21:00   #33
Prometheus
Warlord

Local Time: 23:23
Local Date: October 31, 2010
The French Ambassador has issued a formal protest with the British over the blockade of the Gibraltar strait. Emperor Prometheus has stated, “The Blockade impedes the freedom of the oceans and just an’t very nice”
Old August 11, 2002, 22:24   #34
academia
Emperor

The US government supports french protest. Maybe we should elaborate a free navigation treaty or something like that. Specify zones of control, etc.
Old August 11, 2002, 22:40   #35
DrFell
Civilization II Multiplayer
King

The British government understands French concern, and assures France that the British navy is stationed as it is to protect British trade. We are however, willing to move our ships and risk our citizens for a small fee, which we can negotiate. Until then however, the ships must remain in their current location.

We also wish to apologise to America for the location of British troops outside Detroit. Needless to say, they will be moved promptly.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip brit1870jan.zip (54.0 KB, 2 views)
Old August 12, 2002, 08:17   #36
Pavlov
Civilization II PBEM
Prince

The Japanese Emperor is glad to see that the British are willing to lift their blockade but would also like to remind the British PM that the Mediterranean sea is surrounded by many nations and millions of people. Surely their security wouldn't improve if the British blocked all entrances to the Med. And a fee! Are you making the French pay to get to their own coast? Surely you jest.

The Japanese emperor suggests the following: That the English Channel, the Suez canal, the Gibraltar straits and the straits of Sumatra are considered international water, like the oceans of the world, and are open to all nations.

Of course the British might argue that they have territorial possession of the English channel. but it would be a large sign of goodwill from the British if they let the waterways of the world remain open for all nations.

-Homer Simpson
Old August 12, 2002, 11:49   #37
Civfan
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEM
Prince

Local Time: 05:23
Russian intelligence reports natives are uprising in St. Petersburge.

Troops were sent in to deal a powerful extermination of the natives uprising. All went well with the handling of these restless animals said emperor Civfan.

Not much to report except the Russian army is moving. To where, classified.

Anyways heres the file

R.I.P
Attached Files:
File Type: zip russia1870feb.zip (54.3 KB, 3 views)
Old August 14, 2002, 06:45   #38
academia
Emperor

Pavlov, could you play your turn please?
Old August 14, 2002, 06:49   #39
Pavlov
Civilization II PBEM
Prince

gah, sorry I confused this thread with the other 1870-PBEM and was waiting for "that damn Japanese player" to play his turn. :O

-Homer Simpson
Old August 14, 2002, 07:04   #40
Pavlov
Civilization II PBEM
Prince

Here we go, at last

News from Japan, february 1870

Merchant fleet approaches the American coast!

Report from the Imperial Foreign Office: War has erupted between the Empire of Germany and the Independent nations.

Massive riots in Italy! Experts predict: "easy pickings" for Germany.

The Japanese consul in India reports what appears to be a hindu uprising in several Indian cities. The Empire of Japan wishes the British best of luck in destroying these rebels.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip japan1870feb.zip (59.5 KB, 2 views)

-Homer Simpson
Old August 14, 2002, 08:04   #41
Prometheus
Warlord

The French continue to protest the blockades of the Red Sea, Gibraltar and no doubt other blockades at the strategic ocean points around the world. The French will not be extorted and commencing this month ordered its ships to set sail and blockade the blockades. The French Empire calls on all the countries of the world to protest this action and unite. Also the French call on all nations to spare ships to help blockade the British.

The French also invite all the nations of the world to Paris for a conference to discuss free trade, the free
seas and spheres of influence.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip french1870feb.zip (60.0 KB, 5 views)
Old August 14, 2002, 15:06   #42
von Blücher
Chieftain

Message from his Highness "von Blücher" Emperor of the glorious German Empire:

Gentlemen we see tensions are rising high now and the world is on the brick of a war. But as I said before we are now in a time of prosperity and we would like to point out that every war will hamper our development and toss us back in dark ages. International trade is essential to all of us therefore I speak directly to the French Emperor: please calm down and let us negotiate. A war will solve nothing on the contrary it will only devastate our growing economy. To ensure further peaceful trade the German Emperor decided to act as a mediator. I will put my troops under the service of Great Britain and immediately declare WAR on any nation which begin aggressive actions against the United Kingdom. We hope we can settle this matter as civilized nations and get back to the negotiating table.

On a side note:
German troops today entered the city of Belgrade and put it under our protection. Furthermore in answer to the declaration of war from Italy we captured Milan. We expect to integrate all of Italy in the near future and hope no other nation will interfere in our own business. We are a peaceloving nation but as Italy crossed the border and attacked us we have no other choice as to strike back. Soon the corrupt government will be eradicated and the Italians will enjoy the prosperity our empire has to offer.

One more thing:
We would like to have an explanation of Russian troops entering our border. We immediately blocked their way and hope they will withdraw them on the next month so we can continue a peaceful co-existence for the benefit of both of us.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip 1870febger.zip (54.6 KB, 5 views)
Old August 14, 2002, 17:02   #43
Pavlov
Civilization II PBEM
Prince

The Emperor of Japan:

Your royal and imperial highnesses,

this dispute over waterways and straits is a serious issue indeed, but not an issue over which you start a war. Why spoil the lifes of thousands, yes even millions, when you can solve this at the negotiation table?

Britain, surely you have no serious intent of blocking the free passages of the world. You have the claimed to be the most enlightened nation in the world, prove it by lifting these blockades and showing that you are strong enough to accept a peaceful solution. I urge you not to let loose the dogs of war.

France, we say the same thing to you. Hold your navy back. Instead, let the conference of Paris be a "pre-mature peaceconference".

You are not barabrians fighting over an old piece of meat, you are civilized world-leaders. I know you have the capability of solving this without resorting to violence. Now prove it to the rest of the world, prove it to your peoples, prove it to history.

-Homer Simpson
Old August 14, 2002, 17:07   #44
Prometheus
Warlord

To German Empire: We are not taking any hostile moves we are just matching British moves, if they feel they have a right to blockade certain waterways then we will too. Not to mention we are using a combination of non-military boats and military boats, I hardly think the steamer is causing the British much concern

In other news the French will not interfer with German Italy as we expect that the Germans will not interfer with French Spain.
Old August 14, 2002, 17:14   #45
Prometheus
Warlord

To German/Japanese Goverments: We have no intention of starting a war, we find your statments that we are on the brink of war a bit over the top; the British plan to deny us access and we will deny them access, its not somthing civilized nations will go to war over, it is just another move in the game of international chess.
Old August 14, 2002, 20:15   #46
Civfan
Prince

hi everyone. I'm having abit of trouble with the pbem games. It seems units are moving by themselves. My unit that moved towards German border was fortified and i used Ctrl +N to end the turn. It seems however this didn't work. I'm also having this problem with units running by themselves in other scenarios. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Civfan.
Old August 14, 2002, 22:42   #47
DrFell
King

Maybe your ctrl button is broken
Old August 14, 2002, 23:38   #48
academia
Emperor

Please Britain, listen to the voices of the rest of this world. Despite the fact that you are the greatest country, that doesn´t give you the right to block oceans or seas.
Ok, you can do it in the English Channel (it´s inside your sphere of influence) but blocking the entrance to the MEditerranean?? At least 4 nations have access to these waters. You can´t deny them access to their own ports.
REally, we urge you to reconsider your position; make up your mind and change your position. Otherwise, you´ll have to face more and more anti-british comments. Don´t isolate yourself, don´t play the role of the superpower nation.
From time to time, it´s good to listen to your neighbours.
Old August 15, 2002, 00:41   #49
academia
Emperor

Ready
Attached Files:
File Type: zip usa1870feb.zip (60.4 KB, 2 views)
Old August 15, 2002, 01:38   #50
Pavlov
Civilization II PBEM
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Prometheus
To German/Japanese Goverments: We have no intention of starting a war, we find your statments that we are on the brink of war a bit over the top; the British plan to deny us access and we will deny them access, its not somthing civilized nations will go to war over, it is just another move in the game of international chess.
You say our statements are over the top, well rather an over the top statement than an over the top war.

The Empire of Japan would like to know what the British view is on these recent events.

Britain, even though you live on a home island, much like Japan, you can not isolate yourselves and turn into international pariahs. Not even the British Empire can live without trading with their neighbours. If I were you I would take these comments from your neighbours seriously.

-Homer Simpson
Old August 15, 2002, 06:40   #51
von Blücher
Chieftain

Quote:
Originally posted by Civfan
hi everyone. I'm having abit of trouble with the pbem games. It seems units are moving by themselves. My unit that moved towards German border was fortified and i used Ctrl +N to end the turn. It seems however this didn't work. I'm also having this problem with units running by themselves in other scenarios. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Civfan.
Hmm weird: units moving on their own ?

Well I'm always using the "end turn" menu in the menubar. This is the same but this way you can be sure it will work moreover I'm pressing my "Ctrl +N" keys about 10 times to make sure that guys stay were they should be.
Old August 15, 2002, 08:39   #52
DrFell
King

Official Statement from the PM of the British Empire
Britiain is dismayed at France's lack of cooperation with regards the blockades. We are willing to put a reasonable offer down on the table, say, 100 gold quarterly for free access of the Mediterranian, yet you reject our every offer, and even have gone so far as to begin blockading British waters! Therefore, we are forced to take extreme measures to protect British trade. Until further notice, the west coast of France is to be made inaccessable to both French ships leaving the ports of Nantes and Bordeux, and ships entering. Ships wishing to trade with France may access Northern France through the English Channel, and we apologise if any other nation's trade is affected. We are open to negotiation, France. We would recommend you come to the table France, as we have a powerful navy.

The Mediterranian Blockade is still in place, although Britain is willing to lift the blockade completely for up to 100 gold per turn (25 gold from each nation wishing to use the Suez canal and straits of Gibraltar).

We also wish to thank Germany for her support in this time of trouble. We would also encourage other nations to take a neutral stance to this minor conflict, for you all must understand the need for Britain to protect it's sea routes. In particular we wish to thank America and Japan, for allowing us to trade with their rich and wealthy cities. Iron Ores and Textiles entering American and Japanese ports enrich our great empire.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip brit1870feb.zip (55.1 KB, 2 views)
Old August 15, 2002, 16:50   #53
Civfan
Prince

hi everyone. I'm going to take my turn later tonight. I'm investigating something brought up by DrFell.

thanks..
Civfan.....
Old August 15, 2002, 19:58   #54
Civfan
Prince

Hi again. Well I hate to inform everyone but I'm resigning my play as russia. It seems a member has been cheating in this game and whats sad about this is its only the 2nd turn. Its very easy shown in the game. Thanks DrFell for pointing it out to me. If I'm in any other scenarios with this individual then I'll be leaving those too. I'm new to pbem games but an old avid player.

anyways whoever wants to play russia heres the file without the password. Also for anyone in this game who wants to know whos cheating just check the files from jan1870 to feb1870.

to do this, just open a saved game, change the extention to .net and click on the scenario saved. login to your civ and then click on editor and click on editor >
toggle scenario flag. change to the civ. its very obvious. Movements!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyways just ask Drfell.

Thanks again.....ohwell
Attached Files:
File Type: zip russiamarch1870.zip (55.4 KB, 2 views)
Old August 15, 2002, 20:05   #55
academia
Emperor

Cheating????
Mmm... you should inform that to the Moderators. Warvoid, in this case.
Old August 16, 2002, 13:11   #56
Pavlov
Civilization II PBEM
Prince

I have checked the files of the PBEM and I'm afraid that DrFell and CivFan are correct.

To the person who cheated: you know who you are. If you still have some dignity you'll come clean and admit.

I would like to continue with this PBEM because I like playing this scenario. But NOT with a cheater!

-Homer Simpson
Old August 16, 2002, 13:13   #57
Pavlov
Civilization II PBEM
Prince

Oh, Academia, I'm afraid that Warvoid has no official powers in these cases.

Btw, any neutral person is free to check through the files and look for suspicious stuff.

-Homer Simpson
Old August 16, 2002, 14:43   #58
academia
Emperor

Quote:
Oh, Academia, I'm afraid that Warvoid has no official powers in these cases.
But there has to be someone. I mean, if somebody cheats, he should be punished.
Who is in charge of Apolyton Site?
Personally, i´m not familiarized with this kind of things. I don´t know the correct procedure (solve it between the guys who are playing the PBEM, or call an authority of Apolyton)
Anyway, you did something wrong, you have to pay it.
At least confess it. Please
Old August 16, 2002, 15:03   #59
Pavlov
Civilization II PBEM
Prince

MarkG and DanQ are in charge. But there is nothing in the forum agreement that says that you can not cheat in PBEM's.

I think this has usually been solved in this way:

1. Cheater discovered and outed.

2a. Cheater admits cheating and promises it'll never happen again. Everyone is less confident in him/her but otherwise business continues as usual. But the cheater can look forward to a long time of suspicion and little trust. I spose it could happen.

2b. Cheater leaves forum and is never seen again. Most likely.

-Homer Simpson
Old August 16, 2002, 16:15   #60
Civfan
Prince

The fact that this is not the first case of someone cheating brings to the attention of why play pbem games. Its easy to cheat, just changes the rules for the game scenario when you play! Maybe a multiplayer is the only way to play. There is a game i think its the zwk game that prevents you from cheating. But who knows.