View Poll Results: Which is the best tale?
6-Six Degrees of Seperation by Velociryx 3 20.00%
3-“Es Frater Meus, Et Es Inimicus Meus” (“You Are My Brother, And You Are My Enemy”) by TheGuitarist 5 33.33%
2-The Plight of One Worker by Insane_Ike 6 40.00%
4-Organised Chaos(Dangerous Games 4) by cbraund 1 6.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 3, 2002, 10:25   #1
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 05:24
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Story Contest Round 12: Finals
Congratulations to all. Here are the four finalists.
Choose wisely

2-The Plight of One Worker by Insane_Ike
3-“Es Frater Meus, Et Es Inimicus Meus” (“You Are My Brother, And You Are My Enemy”) by TheGuitarist
4-Organised Chaos(Dangerous Games 4) by cbraund
6-Six Degrees of Seperation by Velociryx
Old August 3, 2002, 12:23   #2
TheGuitarist
Warlord

Local Time: 00:24
Ok, once again... When does the poll end?
Old August 4, 2002, 13:32   #3
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Ah, shoot, forgot a timer... I think it's 5 days.
Old August 4, 2002, 21:28   #4
dnassman
Warlord

Local Time: 15:24
Once you place your vote should the results table be automatically updated or does it take some time. I just placed my vote and it said thank you for voting blah blah blah and took me back to this page. I clicked on view results and noticed that my vote didn't do anything. Any ideas?
Old August 5, 2002, 10:01   #5
TheGuitarist
Warlord

Quote:
4. Once 8 seconded nominations are obtained, a preliminary round with unlimited voting (checkboxes) is created to last for 5 days.
5. After 5 days, the top 4 are transferred to a final poll with radio buttons which lasts 4 days.
Whups - looks like the poll lasts 4 days.

It started on the 3rd, so that means it ends on the 7th, right?
Old August 5, 2002, 16:00   #6
DarkCloud
staff

Correct. ends at 15:24 GMT on the 7th.
Old August 7, 2002, 10:29   #7
TheGuitarist
Warlord

Well it's 15:28 GMT on the 7th and it seems that, in a wacky and unexpected upset, my story has won.
Old August 7, 2002, 10:50   #8
ChrisiusMaximus
Civilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Local Time: 06:24
Congratulations,well deserved not to say the competition was'nt tough,all 4 stories were excellent.

As I've said before The Guitarist looking forward to your next piece.
A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.
Old August 7, 2002, 16:17   #9
Insane_Ike
Settler

Hey?!!! Did I win?

My results show a five to five tie with Guitarist.
Old August 7, 2002, 17:09   #10
Velociryx
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Gathering StormThe Courts of Candle'Bre

Congrats fellow Columbian!!!

-=Vel=-
The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.
Old August 7, 2002, 18:07   #11
ChrisiusMaximus
Civilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

I think Darkcloud has forgot to close poll because The Guitarist was definitely in front when I posted earlier at 15:50 and according to his post on the 5/8/2002 at 21:00 it clearly states that the poll closes at 15:24 on the 7/8/2002 so I think the winner is The Guitarist.
A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.
Old August 7, 2002, 18:38   #12
TheGuitarist
Warlord

I believe DarkCloud forgot to put a timer on the poll, thus it was supposed to end at 15:24 but continued until later, thus resulting in a tie.
Old August 7, 2002, 20:19   #13
DarkCloud
staff

I'm sorry I accessed this forum a bit late...
I'm not sure how to handle this...
Also, I forgot to put my vote in :embarrassed: I meant to read them all... I have yet to vote still... But would give it to Vel, as his is the only one I've even read part of ops:

Okay, well, I'll let civman handle this, but for certain:

Vel won 3rd... Congrats
and cbraund took home 4th.
Old August 7, 2002, 20:24   #14
DarkCloud
staff

Ike and Guitarist are tied at first for now... But it seems as though The Guitarist won :hmm: Yes, I'll let civman handle this mess

Apologies... I forgot to set the timer I thought I would be around at closing as I was for the Prelims
Old August 7, 2002, 23:00   #15
TheGuitarist
Warlord

Um... hello? The poll still isn't closed... and the results are skewed since there have been numerous votes since it was supposed to end.

I understand that it's a big mess now, but somebody (either DarkCloud or MarkG) needs to do something about it...
Old August 7, 2002, 23:18   #16
dnassman
Warlord

Local Time: 15:24
Looks like Insane_Ike won this one. I loved that story. Hope you write more. Very humourous.
Old August 8, 2002, 03:03   #17
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

There is no way that Insane_Ike won,Darkcloud has already stated that he forgot to stop the poll on time.

Will somebody please sort this mess out!!!
Old August 8, 2002, 11:04   #18
Insane_Ike
Settler

Yes, this is a mess.

It's kind of like that time my cousin Earl went to the hospital because he had a pain in his ass. Somehow the nurse figured out he had sat on a marble and she pulled it out. Later, when the doctor came around, although he didn't have to. He stuck his finger up Earl's ass anyways. The thing was, Earl didn't object. Boy did that doctor have egg on his face.

This kind of reminds me of that...sorta.
Old August 8, 2002, 13:14   #19
DarkCloud
staff

It doesn't need to be closed now-
The results were (when I saw it)
Ike- 5
Guitarist- 5
Vel- 3
cbraund- 1
Old August 8, 2002, 16:54   #20
TheGuitarist
Warlord

At 15:29 GMT on the 7th (five minutes past the time you said it would close) the results were-

Velociryx- 3
Guitarist- 5
Ike- 3
cbraund- 1
Old August 8, 2002, 17:03   #21
Verto
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildNationStatesMac
King

Hm...I wonder when we'll have someone demand a recount. Want me to be the Supreme Court?
Old August 8, 2002, 18:32   #22
DarkCloud
staff

Well, if all else fails we can have a runoff.
Old August 12, 2002, 09:58   #23
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 23:24
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Guitarist wins. He's clearly not lying and he was in the lead when it was supposed to close. DC obviously made it last a day or 2 longer than it should have.

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old August 12, 2002, 10:25   #24
TheGuitarist
Warlord

I suppose we should have Mark or Ming edit the poll so the results are correct.