Generations (I will consider it one story, not a series) by WTE_OzWolf 6 10.17%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 3, 2002, 17:09   #1
johncmcleod
Prince

Local Time: 21:24
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Greatest Story of this Forum-Preliminaries
Well, it's finally here. I'm sorry for being 1 and a half months late. I kinda forgot about all the nominations that were emailed to me, and I just pulled them up the other day. Some say this poll is stupid, for there already has been one. But that was a while ago, and since then some amazing stories have been writtien. The poll will be run like civman2000s, for his system is great. The four most voted on will advance to the finals. Please vote. This poll closes on August 13th. And for those who are new to this forum, this is the perfect place to start looking for great writing. And the nominies are: [Note: These are NOT in any particular order.]

The Means and the End by Richileu
Knights of the Black Cross by Rotten999
The Epic Tale of Navalon by Kramerman
Eyes of the Innocent by Grundel
Crazed Greek Wanderings by Metaliturtle
World at War...the Iroquois Threat by Grundel
Zulu Rules by Samuel Johnson
The Chronicles of Imhotep by HawaiiFive-O
UN Poker by Pisthetaerus
The Cost of War by WTE_OzWolf
The Republic of Athens by civman2000
Generations (I will consider it one story, not a series) by WTE_OzWolf
"The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau
Old August 5, 2002, 21:05   #2
Kramerman
Prince

Local Time: 23:24
im bumping this
Old August 5, 2002, 22:48   #3
Captain
King

Local Time: 00:24
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I hope everyone is aware that you can vote for MORE than one.
Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.
Old August 5, 2002, 23:07   #4
Kramerman
Prince

I noticed that when i saw that 6 people had voted, then there were about a dozen votes cast.... I only voted for one though. It makes more sense to me to only vote for one.
Old August 11, 2002, 19:43   #5
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

hmmm...just out of curiosity, how did you choose which stories would be included? It seems arbitrary, and there are some obvious omissions (the DG series, Amy's Story, Odyssey of a Hero, and a few more I can't think of right now).

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old August 12, 2002, 15:16   #6
johncmcleod
Prince

Local Time: 21:24
Thank you Ming or MarkG for stickying this. Once this ends, I will post the finals as soon as possible. And no civman, there is no fould play. I simply got a bunch of emails and these were the ones that were nominated. I didn't nominate any for myself. I am surprised that those three that you mentioned didn't get nominated, but hey, it's not my fault.
"The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau
Old August 25, 2002, 15:57   #7
Metaliturtle
staff
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending StoriesCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMPolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerDiploGamesCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireannApolyton UniversityCivilization II Succession GamesDiplomacyRise of Nations MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCiv4 SP Democracy GameSpore
King

Local Time: 00:24
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Location: Even if you don't believe in Jesus he believes in you!
yeah cbraund doesn't even have a story