Old August 4, 2002, 10:20   #1
The Bloody Baro
Prince

Local Time: 01:26
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Questions
Okay when you read this your gonna tell me that this belongs in the creation forum, However I need quick answers to these questions and well the creation forum is a little slow.

Okay my situation is this:

I have SMAC on a CD by its self. I got the Planetary Pack from my library. I used the faction editor to make my own faction. Now when I return PP will I still be able to use my faction on SMAC?
Old August 4, 2002, 10:40   #2
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 02:26
yes, but you'll have to replace one of the original factions with your custom faction. scroll down in the alpha.txt to where it says #FACTIONS (IIRC) and it should say:

GAIANS, GAIANS
HIVE, HIVE
ETC...

replace the faction you want to remove with yours so it says

CUSTOM FACTION, CUSTOM FACTION (or whatever its called)
HIVE, HIVE
UNIV, UNIV
MORGAN, MORGAN
etc...

(think thats how it works. maybe someone more knowledgeable could correct me?)
Old August 4, 2002, 13:46   #3
Chowlett
Alpha Centauri PBEM
King

Local Time: 05:26
No, you can actually load the faction directly (select "Load Faction" on one of the screens, I forget which, and type the filename). However, you will obviously only be able to do this if your new faction contains no SMAX specific attributes - like, getting a Smax tech as starting tech, or getting Marine Detachment automatically, or - and this is a subtle one - getting a facility only when the appropriate tech is reached.

One last point - learn to create factions by hand, in the text files. The faction editor is notoriously buggy.
"They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara