Old August 5, 2002, 20:45   #31
Anodyne
Prince

Local Time: 07:35
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I'd say that Commissioner can veto, but his veto must be confirmed by the Council poll (50% or 66% supporting will do)

(and I'll call it a night although it's "only" 3:48 )
Old August 5, 2002, 20:46   #32
Emvepe
Settler

Local Time: 05:35
Military Advisor i guess..
Old August 5, 2002, 21:52   #33
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 15:35
I'll step up for Foreign Affairs. Unless it's been outlawed yet, I'm (so far alone) with the Capital Party.
Old August 5, 2002, 23:13   #34
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 02:35
Re: Nomination Thread - Term 1
Quote:
Originally posted by Tassadar5000
Director of Terraformation and Colonization
Banana (GOD)
Old August 5, 2002, 23:20   #35
Darkness' Edge
Civilization II Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCall to Power II Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova Traders
Prince

Local Time: 16:35
Just a note...I'm running for Commissioner, not as an Independent, but as the leader of the Centauri Democrats.

Ade: our parties sound rather similar
perhaps we should merge?
Old August 5, 2002, 23:21   #36
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

do the CD have a thread?
Old August 5, 2002, 23:25   #37
Method
Emperor

another question: when do we stop accepting nominations? 20:00 (or is it 17:00?) GMT wednesday like commissioner nominations?
Old August 6, 2002, 00:10   #38
Sprayber
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Emperor

Local Time: 00:35
I'll throw my hat into the ring for Director of the Military. I have no party affiliation except that i belong to the IOC(independents of Chiron) who operate expressly for those that wish to step outside the normal limitations of the party machine. which is exactly what you want the top man in the military to be. I have no other goal except to direct the defense of the colonies against enemies and any hostile alien life we may find. And unlike my opponate, I have no doubts about wanting this position. This is not an exercise for me to attain some future role as commisioner, but a desire to lead the defense of our people. And also unlike my opponate, I seek to cooperate with who ever the commissioner regardless of party to make sure that our future enemies do not wipe our memory from this new planet.

Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Last edited by Sprayber; August 6, 2002 at 03:33.
Old August 6, 2002, 00:13   #39
Emvepe
Settler

Your putting words in my mouth! Well unlike my opponent(NOTICE THE SPELLING). I am not spreading ludicrous propaganda in an attempt to win. Also unlike my opponent I feel that my polocies alone can win me my position and I do not feel the need to *LIE* about my opponent!
Old August 6, 2002, 00:22   #40
Sprayber
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Emvepe
Military Advisor i guess..
Look at my opponents words. Is this the person you want leading the military?

Quote:
I want to run for the Military Advisor but only if my decisions are final!
ie. I decide on something, the commisioner can't VETO it or something like that

If the commisioner can veto it then I want to run for COMMISIONER!!!!!!!!

EDIT: Party = Eradicate Everyone!

Again look at his words. He wants to compete with the commisioner not cooperate for the common defense. And if the commisioner has final authority, he wants to be commisioner and not military director. I would say being military director is something of a stepping stone for him.
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Last edited by Sprayber; August 6, 2002 at 00:40.
Old August 6, 2002, 00:27   #41
Emvepe
Settler

Your a bully!

I just dont think its fair that the commisoner gets to decide everything. Anyways, whats the point of having the other people if the commisioner doesn't have to listen!!@!
Old August 6, 2002, 00:33   #42
Sprayber
Emperor

Quote:
Your a bully!

I just dont think its fair that the commisoner gets to decide everything. Anyways, whats the point of having the other people if the commisioner doesn't have to listen!!@!

A bully Just a word of advice. When posts have smilies that means that they are not to be taken too seriously. I didnt mean to hurt your feelings.

You cant have the directors have total control of their fields. They take their cues and direction from the leader. They should have limited independence but unless you want all areas of the goverment going in different directions then you have to have a somewhat strong leader. The military director cannot be the one that declares war or even have control over all resources of a base. It is up to the people and leader to set goals and the directors are there to give advice and follow the will of the people.

edit: If you want to see real bullies go here http://apolyton.net/forums/forumdisp...s=&forumid=147

Old August 6, 2002, 02:29   #43
Darkness' Edge
Civilization II Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCall to Power II Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova Traders
Prince

Local Time: 16:35
something worries me a little here..

"i just don't think it's fair that the commissioner gets to decide everything"

since when does the commissioner in a democracy game make decisions? the people make decisions, the elected officials follow them...
Old August 6, 2002, 02:33   #44
Emvepe
Settler

It just seemed from what was said that basically, the advisor decides something then the commisioner looks at it and says Yay or nay ... so basically the commisioner gets the final say in everything. Correct me if I'm wrong but thats just what it has seemed like..
Old August 6, 2002, 02:34   #45
Emvepe
Settler

Quote:
Originally posted by Sprayber

A bully Just a word of advice. When posts have smilies that means that they are not to be taken too seriously. I didnt mean to hurt your feelings.

You cant have the directors have total control of their fields. They take their cues and direction from the leader. They should have limited independence but unless you want all areas of the goverment going in different directions then you have to have a somewhat strong leader. The military director cannot be the one that declares war or even have control over all resources of a base. It is up to the people and leader to set goals and the directors are there to give advice and follow the will of the people.

edit: If you want to see real bullies go here http://apolyton.net/forums/forumdisp...s=&forumid=147

Its okay, because in the end you will be eradicated anyways!!!
Old August 6, 2002, 02:56   #46
Sprayber
Emperor

Quote:

Its okay, because in the end you will be eradicated anyways!!!
Your words will make a great additon to the famous last words list compiled at the end of the game. Thanks for the early contribution.
Old August 6, 2002, 14:07   #47
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Quote:
Originally posted by Sprayber

Your words will make a great additon to the famous last words list compiled at the end of the game. Thanks for the early contribution.
OK people.....We must calm ourselves. How can we be the peacekepers if we can't even keep the peace?

Oh, and bump.
Old August 6, 2002, 14:11   #48
Tactical Marine
Chieftain

Local Time: 21:35
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I would like to run for Foregin Affairs Director.
Qualifications: I was the foregin affaris Minister at CFC for teh first Democracy Game. Hence I created the postion. However If possible I'd like to run as assistant but whatever. And I'm a hawk.
Old August 6, 2002, 14:12   #49
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

We'll need a police force to keep those military director candidates out of each other neighbourhood. I suggest that to be the first task of the military director.

Btw, Tassadar, where did Banana said he wanted to be elected Director of T&C?
Old August 6, 2002, 14:18   #50
Method
Emperor

banana isnt a person. im not ceratin what this means. perhaps instead of voting for you, maniac, by voting for banana you're voting against you, instead of not at all?
Old August 6, 2002, 14:19   #51
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace

Quote:
Originally posted by TKG
banana isnt a person. im not ceratin what this means. perhaps instead of voting for you, maniac, by voting for banana you're voting against you, instead of not at all?
TKG got it! In polls, you can't HAVE only one option, so therefore in the civ3 demo game we put "Banana" in place.

Are you people telling me you have no knowledge of this magnificant god? (Crisler will love this..... )
Old August 6, 2002, 14:20   #52
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Probably. It seems my desired office isn't that popular, while I find it the initial expansion and terraforming phase one of the nicest things in the game.
Old August 6, 2002, 14:22   #53
Maniac

Tassadar, what happens in Civ3 when Banana is chosen? No terraforming? That would be something.
Old August 6, 2002, 14:24   #54
Nubclear

Quote:
Originally posted by M@ni@c
Tassadar, what happens in Civ3 when Banana is chosen? No terraforming? That would be something.
Simply put, the wretched banana has never been chosen.He has promised to punish us from the far away land called "Rome". Oh well.

Now hes making a return here I suppose.
Old August 6, 2002, 14:26   #55
Maniac

Why not name my countercandidate Planet? I'm sure s/he has different views on terraformation than I do.
Old August 6, 2002, 14:58   #56
Nubclear

Quote:
Originally posted by M@ni@c
Why not name my countercandidate Planet? I'm sure s/he has different views on terraformation than I do.
Because as of yet, we are not on planet. The UN is still constructing the Unity. Did you not read the UNN!?
Old August 6, 2002, 15:02   #57
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

OFF-TOPIC i LOVE this stuff
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old August 6, 2002, 16:21   #58
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

but about the commissioner if I am right he just plays the game the way that the directors say...specific orders. but when during the game something happens that wasnt forseen.....then the commissioner will act...on the general tactics of his ministers.or a poll ofcourse....
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old August 6, 2002, 16:39   #59
Anodyne
Prince

That seems clear so far, yes.

Btw, I might have to re-think my position as a candidate for Foreign Affairs Minister, as I found out that I might not have time to be in this game so intensively...

But as said, I'll think. The place has quite some candidates already.
Old August 6, 2002, 16:47   #60
Method
Emperor

there are still many positions open.