Old August 7, 2002, 12:23   #61
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 02:35
Local Date: November 1, 2010
concessions like what? we may need help to get a majority on the market matter as most or all of the CDC seems to be green.
Old August 10, 2002, 23:47   #62
Leland
Prince

Local Time: 07:35
Okay, what exactly will be the Fundamentalist Faction's official standpoint in the next elections? I agree with TKG's science policies myself, but on the other hand this compromises our cooperation with ACE because Lemmy from SSK is also running for D of S. I'm not familiar with M@ni@cs policies on terraformation and colonization, but I don't think that there's going to be any conflict with our party policies here.

For ACE, I think that the most crucial position is the one of Director of Base Production. I think that we should make absolutely sure that whoever gets the job is in favour of fast expansion, and to rally the whole ACE coalition backing him up. If MrWhatItsCalled is up to the job, then I of course support him, I'll just need to hear his opinions first.

And the party is officially now standing for constitutional ban on atrocities, yes?
Old August 11, 2002, 06:27   #63
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

Local Time: 05:35
Again u are getting the whole constitution thingy wrong it only explainse the rules of how to play the game not any game options!
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old August 11, 2002, 07:02   #64
Leland
Prince

Yes, that's absolutely correct, the constitution should be strictly about meta-game rules. However I don't see a reason why a party could not pursue meta-game goals as well as game goals...
Old August 11, 2002, 07:18   #65
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

a party can but not in the making of the constitution
Old August 11, 2002, 07:27   #66
Leland
Prince

Constitution is meta-game. What you are saying now, i.e. what the constitution should or should not be about, is meta-meta-game. Let's not go there.

Old August 11, 2002, 07:28   #67
DeathByTheSword
King

you lost me never mind
Old August 11, 2002, 07:30   #68
Crisler
Warlord

Local Time: 23:35
Local Date: October 31, 2010
There is no reason I am aware of that we cannot place a rule in the Constitution that prohibits the use of part of the game, thus setting a rule.

While the Constitution is deisnged to set forth the particulars of the game it is also a plot device for driving forward role playing issues. As such we can use ti to set ammendments we feel that should be absolutes in the game.

Leland in answer to your question.

I do agree that we should back ACE candidates. As such with the excpetion of the two elections I mentioned, TKG and M@ni@c, we will back ACE candidates to the hilt.

As for the Independent, that is my choice based on ACE not having a Candidate. I suggest we speak with ACE about this. I do agree that we need someone that favors a rapid expansion policy.

Finally my stand on Atrocities is simple, NONE. I feel that should be everyones stand, not sure how people can cry for personal freedom and in the same breathe say it is okay to infringe upon those same rights for others.

Would seem based on those belifes we have the hypocrite party out there as well.

E.L. Crisler
First Commissioner
Old August 11, 2002, 07:34   #69
DeathByTheSword
King

crisler .> about the atroctie banning this would mean you could also put in the constition never attack miriam or let all hop around naked. the point of THIS constition is to make the game mechanics clear to everone so we have a know way of doing the procedures...not reflect our ethical and moral ideas
Old August 11, 2002, 07:36   #70
Leland
Prince

My problem with TKG, M@ani@c and MrWhereItsAt is that I have no idea what policies they stand for in their respective offices... if they go line in line with my own ideology, then I'll have no problem making it official that Fundamentalists will support them. However, it would be nice if you guys would give a short synopsis of what you're going to do when you're elected...

EDIT: DBTS does have a point there.
Old August 11, 2002, 07:37   #71
DeathByTheSword
King

TKG has done that look at our party thread I think or otherwise the nomitions thread....
Old August 11, 2002, 07:37   #72
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Yes yes, I'll start election campaign as soon as possible. But isn't it obvious I would be in favour of colonizing and terraforming as soon and as much as possible in the early game? Details will follow...

Edit: ACE, what are your people running for? I can't seem to find a list and I doubt the nominations thread is up-to-date.
Old August 11, 2002, 07:44   #73
Sprayber
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Emperor

Local Time: 00:35
No one is going to say we should wait 20 years until we expand. Everyone is going to favor expanding as soon as we can.
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Old August 11, 2002, 07:46   #74
DeathByTheSword
King

Sprayber I am waiting for your policy also !
Old August 14, 2002, 15:18   #75
Leland
Prince

I hereby resign from the Fundamentalist Party. I just don't have time for this democracy game, I'll probably keep voting on some issues as a citizen though and if I come back, I will rejoin this party, but for the time being don't count on me.

Bye.
Old August 14, 2002, 17:26   #76
Crisler
Warlord

Local Time: 23:35
Local Date: October 31, 2010
It is with a heavy heart I see you go Leland. With the lose of Leland the Fundamenalist party is down to one member, me :-) If there are any others that wish to step forward and be a member let me know, otherwise this party will be forced to be disolved.

E.L. Crisler
First Commissioner
Last of the Fundamentalist Faction
Old August 14, 2002, 17:38   #77
Lemmy
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Spartans
King

Quote:
I feel that should be everyones stand, not sure how people can cry for personal freedom and in the same breathe say it is okay to infringe upon those same rights for others.
that's exactly why i never cry for personal freedom

And Crisler, don't dissolve the party, we already got so few unique parties. Keep the diversity i say!!
<Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!
Old September 12, 2002, 18:32   #78
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

is the FF disolved? i know leland is gone, but is crisler's problem just temporary?
Old September 12, 2002, 19:27   #79
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Only God can know.
Old September 12, 2002, 21:41   #80
Darkness' Edge
Civilization II Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCall to Power II Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova Traders
Prince

Local Time: 16:35
Quote:
Originally posted by TKG
is the FF disolved? i know leland is gone, but is crisler's problem just temporary?
give him a while yet

he said it *should* be fixed within a week or so when he resigned
but perhaps it wasn't fixed that easily
Old September 13, 2002, 16:17   #81
Method
Emperor

too bad