Old September 4, 2002, 17:22   #151
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

Local Time: 05:38
Local Date: November 1, 2010
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old September 4, 2002, 19:34   #152
lucky22
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' Guild
Prince

A) Do CCCP members have any opinion on the merger under consideration between the EDP and the P4- an action that would remove the EDP (and a few very capable people) from the CDC?

B) How many of us are still voting participants now that the game is underway here?
Old September 4, 2002, 19:49   #153
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 02:38
Quote:
Originally posted by Archaic
Quote:
Originally posted by Pandemoniak
Quote:
Originally posted by DeathByTheSword

sorry, couldn't resist

i'll leave now
Old September 5, 2002, 06:02   #154
Main_Brain
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Free Drones
King

Local Time: 07:38
A) Yes
B) I dunno I dont control them you have to ask Tass, he has his spy's everywhere
Old September 5, 2002, 16:08   #155
Schinkenjoe
Chieftain

Itīs time to give life to an Marxian idea: The thing with the two phases. Letīs say the planetfall was something like an revolution. The old society doesnt live anymore, a new equitably industrialisation can be started. The wealth produced by society can be distributed in a fair way. But before all wealth can be shared it must be produced and kept safe, cause you canīt fill needs with nothing.
For this initial process the First Phase is made. In it the society is allowed to impose restrictions on their members, but only in democratic way. Democracy should be a science aim and not be taken with by the way.
We now got with our constitution a very high democratic level.
In the First Phase Free Market and Planned Economy are allowed, cause they create wealth more quickly than the other economic systems.
I personal tend towards Planned Economy.
And because this is a dangerous world with possibly unfriendly other factions and lifeforms a little army should be set up to save our democracy.

But one time a moment will come in which a quantity level of wealth is reached that enables living in a new Quality. There is no more need for an hierarchic, freedom restricting planned economy or an unequitable distribution of energy. The productivity mustnt be adjusted in that measure any more and can be used to fulfill the basic needs of the masses.
What a basic need is and what not is defined by the productive possibilities of the society.

The Second Phase has started.
In it there should be admitted as much freedom as possible to the individuum. As many fdacilities as possible will be built and the cities will be kept in Golden Ages.
Ideal for this stadium are Simple Economy and Green Economy.
Iīm preffering Simple cause in it means of production are connected directly with the producer.
But also Green is a good choice, but Iīm not sure about it, cause Green is such a neutral value. Also a system of slavery can have green priorities. Before choosing it we should come to an Agreement what exactly Green Economy means.

In the Second Phase a overdimensioned army exists only because of the leading talents' obsession of power. It isn't made for securing the reached but for bringing more slaves under the power of these despots.

And the aditional wealth we would get by keeping the First Phases' economy systems isnīt worth the freedom which would be blocked by these systems.

May the Second Phase come as soon as possible, my comrades.
Old September 5, 2002, 16:13   #156
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

GREAT speech i must say great speech :cheeringsmile:
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old September 5, 2002, 16:21   #157
Schinkenjoe
Chieftain

Thanks . Itīs a topic of one of my exams
Old September 5, 2002, 18:10   #158
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

[QUOTE] Originally posted by Schinkenjoe
In the First Phase Free Market...are allowed...[QUOTE]

sorry to cut in, but not in the CCCP it's not
Old September 5, 2002, 18:11   #159
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

[QUOTE] Originally posted by TKG
[QUOTE] Originally posted by Schinkenjoe
In the First Phase Free Market...are allowed...
Quote:

sorry to cut in, but not in the CCCP it's not
Old September 5, 2002, 18:25   #160
Schinkenjoe
Chieftain

I donīt like FM either, although it gives "turn advantage" It is a bad economy ( in the sense of freedom, not in the game ), but i also think the planned isnīt much better.

I also donīt want to prescribe the others , which wconomy they must take in which phase, ( Lucky said, he would think about FM in early game. )

But it would be nice if they take over the Two Phases - System, because so we have a good standing point aginst your "turn advantage" arguments.
Old September 5, 2002, 19:37   #161
Corellion
ACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Prince

Local Time: 00:38
Hello, I'm new to the game, and would like to post my intentions of joining the CCCP in order to fulfill my quest of crushing the capitalist pigs.

P.S. If I've posted in the wrong place, please inform me and don't laugh too hard
Old September 5, 2002, 19:41   #162
Method
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Tassadar5000
but it's true isn't it?

EDIT: since i'm posting here anyways, yes core, this is the right place
Old September 5, 2002, 19:48   #163
Main_Brain
King

Espicially in the Starting Phase FM can screw u up pretty much
'Yeah i made enuff money to buy 2 Formers
uhh well on the Downside I lost 3 Formers to Mindwors already and several Improvements to Pops'
Old September 5, 2002, 20:05   #164
Method
Emperor

i don't want to get into it again but you don't have pops that soon, and you don't get a PSI defence penalty or have a more frequent occurence of worms in market.

in fact, free market does seem to be a better choice in the early game, although i stick with planned for now. i'm playing morgan right now so i have to run market (or green which i'm considering) so that's the only thing that caused me to rethink my opinion here.

i ask, have you ever tried free market in SP, or do you just think you know what it's like? personally, i wouldn't ever use it until i tried it once, and was so pleased with the research rate, i never went back.

if you think i should erradicate this post since it disrupts your thread that's fine, but i just had to respond to that, mainbrain.

PS: core, the only capitalist pigs here are the capital party, and they're pretty inactive. so you have nothing to worry about
Old September 5, 2002, 20:10   #165
Corellion
ACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Prince

Local Time: 00:38
I see then that Chiron is populated mostly by intelligent people. In that case, I plan to spend my time here doing everything within my power to improve living and working in this world, in my opinion, through the equalisation of all citizens, et cetera.,
Old September 5, 2002, 20:46   #166
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Quote:
Originally posted by Corellion
I see then that Chiron is populated mostly by intelligent people. In that case, I plan to spend my time here doing everything within my power to improve living and working in this world, in my opinion, through the equalisation of all citizens, et cetera.,
Greetings and Welcome to the CCCP, Corellion!
Old September 6, 2002, 05:59   #167
Pandemoniak
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

Location: of Xanadu, Scottish Section of the Apolyton Must Crush Capitalism Party
Welcome to the CCCP Corellion !

To Joe and TKG : the CCCP is a democratic party, and Joe can perfectly says he support a FM for a quicker energetic development. The fact is that most members of the CCCP wouldnt support that (Everyone except for Lucky22 and Joe, plus maybe Tassadar because of the science boost).

I do not personnaly support FM for the reasons Main_Brain talked about : ecodmages, mindworms.
Old September 6, 2002, 10:57   #168
lucky22
Prince

My support for FM originally arose from a desire to reflect the process Marx and Engels referred to as "primitive accumulation"- the process whereby conquest and colonial mercantilism put all the industrial capital into place over the course of about a millenium.
Upon reflection, simulating primitive accumulation is more of a job for CIV, I'd say. Right now, I am commited to endorsing the development of successful strategies that do not employ FM. It is not much of a stretch to present that as a basic sort of challenge game.
I won't quit or anything if FM is voted in, but I'll keep letting everyone know that under FM not all the kids get equal amounts or equal qualities of Legos, and it isn't because their mums and pops are lazy sods.

Welcome Corellion!

By the way: Gnool has posted recently in at least one game-play related thread. Thorsius is likely to be around and voting (I hope) . Has any one heard from themagicbannana since he ran for every directorate?
Are you out there Thorsius and tmb?

Last edited by lucky22; September 6, 2002 at 11:16.
Old September 6, 2002, 12:26   #169
Thorsius
Alpha Centauri Democracy Game
Settler

Yeah, I'm here and voting lucky22. I know I'm not exactly the most active in posting, but I'm watching it closely. And I agree also with Main_Brain for the most part about FM, although if we were Morgans I might feel differently.
Old September 6, 2002, 13:11   #170
lucky22
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Thorsius
Yeah, I'm here and voting lucky22. I know I'm not exactly the most active in posting, but I'm watching it closely. And I agree also with Main_Brain for the most part about FM, although if we were Morgans I might feel differently.
Old September 6, 2002, 14:30   #171
Main_Brain
King

but your offensive capabilities and therefore the Ability to take easy Planetpearls
And Of Course Longvi. will be more effective under Planned :=P
Ahh the Neverending FM-against Green/Planned War
hehehe
Old September 6, 2002, 15:35   #172
Method
Emperor

actually, i was going to post this sooner. themagicbanana has been banned (i think) for starting numerous threads entitled "civ3 sux", and many people suspect he is a DL. i read this in the community forum, but i don't have a link right now.
Old September 6, 2002, 16:50   #173
lucky22
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by TKG
actually, i was going to post this sooner. themagicbanana has been banned (i think) for starting numerous threads entitled "civ3 sux", and many people suspect he is a DL. i read this in the community forum, but i don't have a link right now.

What's a "DL" by the way?
Old September 6, 2002, 16:53   #174
Method
Emperor

double login. bannable offence.
Old September 6, 2002, 16:54   #175
lucky22
Prince

Ah. Many thanks, TKG.
Old September 7, 2002, 05:43   #176
Main_Brain
King

@TKG is that quote form Fred Dales at Microsoft Corp. in
Redmond, WA. ?
Old September 7, 2002, 07:26   #177
Pandemoniak
King

Location: of Xanadu, Scottish Section of the Apolyton Must Crush Capitalism Party
If other members of the CCCP agree, I declare themagicbanana banned from the CCCP.
Quote:
Originally posted by lucky22
My support for FM originally arose from a desire to reflect the process Marx and Engels referred to as "primitive accumulation"- the process whereby conquest and colonial mercantilism put all the industrial capital into place over the course of about a millenium.
Upon reflection, simulating primitive accumulation is more of a job for CIV, I'd say. Right now, I am commited to endorsing the development of successful strategies that do not employ FM. It is not much of a stretch to present that as a basic sort of challenge game.
I won't quit or anything if FM is voted in, but I'll keep letting everyone know that under FM not all the kids get equal amounts or equal qualities of Legos, and it isn't because their mums and pops are lazy sods.

Welcome Corellion!

By the way: Gnool has posted recently in at least one game-play related thread. Thorsius is likely to be around and voting (I hope) . Has any one heard from themagicbannana since he ran for every directorate?
Are you out there Thorsius and tmb?
About FM : You all know I'm more a "bakuninian" than a "marxist", though its all quite similar. Anyway, the main problem with FM is that me must eradicate the State itself before we apply it, so that we can avoid mistakes such as protectionism, governments directed by militaro-fungal lobbies, etc... The Free Markets are a good idea in itself : despite that, the theories elaborated by the Industrial Economics wont allow us to free the people freeing the markets, on the contrary. The application of theses theories involve not only ecological damage for the sake of energy, but will mostly unsatisfy our citizens.

I would sum up that shortly :
I wont support Free Market until all factions gather again, in any way.
Pandemoniak,
Conversation between Bakunin and Planet

If other members of the CCCP agree, I declare themagicbanana banned from the CCCP.
Old September 7, 2002, 13:08   #178
Schinkenjoe
Chieftain

Sorry it seems like a silly question, but why is Planned economy always considered better ideolgically than FM ?
In both systems many persons have to fulfill the decisions of few, in Planned the decisions come from state authority, in FM from the energy monopolists.
Both arenīt economy systems of freedom.

The only advantage is that Planned can be abolished much easier than FM, but only if the control lies in hands, which want to abolish it.

Justs because the Soviets took Planned along for 70 years, we mustnīt do the same mistake. And it was a mistake, because the intention of not giving up Planned was not to give up their control over society and they justfied their rule only through productivity and terror.

The crucial question is if there is a mayority to run Green.

Your opinion ?

P.S.: that banning seems ok to me.
Old September 7, 2002, 13:53   #179
Main_Brain
King

Because we PopBoom? OH you meant Ideollgically?
nope I cant

*agress to Banning*
Old September 7, 2002, 14:13   #180
Pandemoniak
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Schinkenjoe
Sorry it seems like a silly question, but why is Planned economy always considered better ideolgically than FM ?
In both systems many persons have to fulfill the decisions of few, in Planned the decisions come from state authority, in FM from the energy monopolists.
Both arenīt economy systems of freedom.

The only advantage is that Planned can be abolished much easier than FM, but only if the control lies in hands, which want to abolish it.

Justs because the Soviets took Planned along for 70 years, we mustnīt do the same mistake. And it was a mistake, because the intention of not giving up Planned was not to give up their control over society and they justfied their rule only through productivity and terror.

The crucial question is if there is a mayority to run Green.

Your opinion ?

P.S.: that banning seems ok to me.
Well, the thing is that soviets were running on planned and police state : therefore, the planification of production and thus the planification of economy itself was made by a few controlling the others citizens. On the contrary, running under planned in a free democracy is rather like the Paris Commune : the plans are made by the state, that IS the citizens. So yes, a planned economy can free, running under democracy.