Old August 7, 2002, 17:53   #31
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 22:39
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Kassiopeia

Ah, but we aren't alike enough, since CDC is environmentalist.
The P4 have so many common goals with the CDC that they’re already attempting to create division between us.

You know, for some reason I don’t think a forum is the best method of communicating your plans (in this case to get the EDP on their side).

Last edited by Voltaire; August 7, 2002 at 18:04.
Old August 7, 2002, 18:00   #32
Anodyne
Prince

Local Time: 07:39
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Yep, Kass. But like I said, Free Market is still not on our list of "restricted" SE-choices. It can benefit us in a certain point of the game, (Not on a long run, probably. Preferably before Green exists as a choice...) if we have pondered the causes it might have on environment.
Old August 7, 2002, 18:01   #33
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 08:39
"n this case to get the EDP on your side). "

Huh? EDP? I'm just a member of the LSD's Environmentalist wing, not hatching any grand plans for party co-operation.
Old August 7, 2002, 18:03   #34
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Ade
Yep, Kass. But like I said, Free Market is still not on our list of "restricted" SE-choices. It can benefit us in a certain point of the game, (Not on a long run, probably. Preferably before Green exists as a choice...) if we have pondered the causes it might have on environment.
That is true, but it wasn’t the CDC who rejects the joining of the P4; rather they were the ones who first considered us a threat and decided to do something about it. I have no problem with cooperation, we can work together at certain point in time, but it is up to them to decide if they want to cooperate or not, and their actions so far (if you take a look at their own thread) don’t seem to indicate they want anything to do with us.
Old August 7, 2002, 18:04   #35
Voltaire
King

Quote:
"n this case to get the EDP on your side). "

Huh? EDP? I'm just a member of the LSD's Environmentalist wing, not hatching any grand plans for party co-operation.
Ah crap, sorry my mistake... that should say "in this case to get the EDP on their [P4] side". Sorry.
Old August 7, 2002, 18:04   #36
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Well Ade, like I said, I'm not entirely against Free Market, but still for Green.

Edit: Voltaire, I see.

Last edited by Kassiopeia; August 7, 2002 at 18:13.
Old August 7, 2002, 18:11   #37
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Quote:
Originally posted by Voltaire
You know, for some reason I don’t think a forum is the best method of communicating your plans (in this case to get the EDP on their side).
So how do you want to get another party at your side? By whispering with private messages and stalinist conspiracies? I'm sure the CCCP would love to hear the truth about you!
Old August 7, 2002, 18:15   #38
Voltaire
King

Quote:
Originally posted by M@ni@c

So how do you want to get another party at your side? By whispering with private messages and stalinist conspiracies? I'm sure the CCCP would love to hear the truth about you!
Actually I was referring to more to the fact that you posted your intentions on your own forum before talking to the EDP allowing me to post first with the same proposal (or similar anyway). But in the end it really doesn’t matter though, since it is up to them on who they decide to ally themselves with.
Old August 7, 2002, 18:18   #39
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Actually I'll hope they'll go with the ACE. That will create three almost as powerful blocks.
Old August 7, 2002, 18:23   #40
Voltaire
King

Quote:
Actually I'll hope they'll go with the ACE. That will create three almost as powerful blocks.
Well we haven’t heard a word form them at all, though I do think that it is much more likely for them to choose one of us over the ACE seeing as the ACE policy of conquest is in conflict with the EDP policy.
Old August 7, 2002, 18:26   #41
Maniac

Or stay independent of course...
Old August 7, 2002, 18:27   #42
Voltaire
King

That reminds me, who has already voted in the poll for Commissioner?
Old August 7, 2002, 18:28   #43
Voltaire
King

Quote:
Or stay independent of course...
True, that is always a possibility.
Old August 7, 2002, 20:01   #44
Voltaire
King

Wow, Darkness' Edge has received 50% of the votes for commissioner, hopefully this trend continues.
Old August 7, 2002, 20:15   #45
Anodyne
Prince

How many citizens do we have? We could count the voting percentage
Old August 7, 2002, 20:17   #46
Voltaire
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Ade
How many citizens do we have? We could count the voting percentage
According to the political party thread we have 50 citizens (though I think this number is off).
Old August 7, 2002, 20:37   #47
Darkness' Edge
Civilization II Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCall to Power II Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova Traders
Prince

Local Time: 16:39
Quote:
Originally posted by Voltaire
Wow, Darkness' Edge has received 50% of the votes for commissioner, hopefully this trend continues.
hopefully

Last edited by Darkness' Edge; August 7, 2002 at 20:43.
Old August 7, 2002, 20:53   #48
Voltaire
King

Here is an update of what directorships CDC members are vying for:

Commissioner: Darkness' Edge (CD)
Alpha Talent: ---
Directory of Terraforming and Colonization: Pandemoniak (CCCP)
Directory of Science and Technology: Voltaire (LSD)
Directorty of Peacekeeping Operations: ---
Directory of Foreign Affairs: Ade (LSD)
Directory of Energy and Industry: ---
Director of Expansion and Terraforming: ---
Director of Social Engineering: Kassiopeia (LSD)
Director of Exploration and Intelligence: ---

If I missed anyone please just post it on the CDC topic, and also plenty of positions are vacant so if anyone wishes to run for them you are encouraged to do so.

Last edited by Voltaire; August 7, 2002 at 21:15.
Old August 7, 2002, 21:17   #49
Kassiopeia
Emperor

I've decided to run for Director of Social Engineering. It's uncontested for now so your support might not be needed.
Old August 7, 2002, 21:22   #50
Leland
Prince

It is not uncontested... Vlad AntlerKov (independent, associated with ACE I think) has nominated himself to the position.
Old August 7, 2002, 21:25   #51
Voltaire
King

In the Commissioner poll the Fundamentalist Faction is catching up to our candidate, if everyone hasn’t voted yet I suggest you do so.
Old August 7, 2002, 21:40   #52
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 02:39
Quote:
Well this is an interesting turn indeed; so we'd have the Democrats (us), the Capitalists (Capital party and possibly P4), ACE, the rest.
we actually havn't even begun discussing with mr pres yet. besides we'd support green once we get eudaimonic
Old August 7, 2002, 21:59   #53
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Leland
It is not uncontested... Vlad AntlerKov (independent, associated with ACE I think) has nominated himself to the position.
Must've slipped my eyes then.

*scurries off to prepare campaign speech*
Old August 8, 2002, 03:11   #54
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 05:39
Quote:
Originally posted by Leland
I don't remember seeing him nominate himself in the nomination thread....Maybe I should check again. Edit: Checked again.

Also, has anyone noticed that CDC also stands for the american "Centers for Disease Control". Could there be a relation?

Last edited by Nubclear; August 8, 2002 at 03:17.
Old August 8, 2002, 11:02   #55
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

Local Time: 23:39
As an update (from EDP) we're currently considering all coalition proposals that have been made... we got quite a few, and will probably be making a decision shortly.

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old August 8, 2002, 12:12   #56
AdamTG02
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4WDG Delian LeagueC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Prince

Local Time: 01:39
A majority of the EDP have voted to join the Chiron Democracy Coalition.

In pursuit of intra-coalition cooperation, I am willing to withdraw from the Director of Science position and support Academician Voltaire. However, I'd like assurance that he will support Explore and Discover technologies when no other pressing interests are at stake.
Old August 8, 2002, 12:12   #57
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

If the CDC will still have us... the voting is in among our party and we agree that it would be best for us to join CDC.

Also, I've thrown my hat into the ring for Minister of Exploration and Intelligence.

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old August 8, 2002, 12:17   #58
FlameFlash
Emperor

Adam, we think way too much on the same lines... Even posting at the same times.

Perhaps I can get input on the Exploration and Intel director slot from everyone now as well, though.

(Adam, check my post in our thread.)

Old August 8, 2002, 12:46   #59
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 02:39
what are CDC's views on running democracy/planned/wealth early on to encourage industrial and population growth? as director of science i'd be willing to beeline to the appropriate techs. (perhaps this has been gone over previously though. either a link or a response?)
Old August 8, 2002, 13:52   #60
AdamTG02
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4WDG Delian LeagueC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Prince

Local Time: 01:39
Personally, I support a more balanced research distribution rather than beelining to social engineering techs. My personal priorities are Explore and Discover techs, as well as getting Secrets of the Human Brain early to speed research However, going by any one plan in tech research tends to marginalize those who disagree with the plan. If I become Science Director, I intend to poll before every tech, to give the minority in the last poll the opportunity to form a majority in the next one. (I'm not implying that you wouldn't poll, only that polling before every tech would tend to make long-term plans problematic.)

On another topic, the P4 has said in the party memberlist thread that they favor a single Punishment Sphere, supporting most of our offensive units at that base. Is there a general CDC consensus against Punishment Spheres?