Old August 7, 2002, 18:27   #1
Lemmy
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Spartans
King

Local Time: 07:42
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Sub-faction for Science and Knowledge..
EDIT:
the party is now known as The Scientific Axis, the new thread can be found here: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=59271
<Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Last edited by Lemmy; August 18, 2002 at 13:10.
Old August 7, 2002, 18:32   #2
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 22:42
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Consider joining the CDC, we support research and knowledge to full extents. I too started the Da Vinci Development Party with almost identical goals, but later joined the LSD in order to strengthen my bid for the science chair, the main reason for this was the fact that support is required to get into office and affect policies.
Old August 7, 2002, 18:32   #3
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

*Question from the public*

What is your position towards the three large powerblocks CDC, P4 and ACE? You seem to have similarities and differences with all three.

Edit: To Voltaire's post I would like to answer that P4 is in favour of FM unlike CDC, so your research goals can be better met in a coalition with P4.
Old August 7, 2002, 18:34   #4
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 08:42
I would recommend getting familiar with the agenda of the LSD, but your stance against atrocities and the ruthlessness towards others you present is, shall I say, in contradiction.
Old August 7, 2002, 18:35   #5
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Man man this is turning a bit too much into a political forum. I really hope we get down to business once the Commissioner is elected...
Old August 7, 2002, 18:37   #6
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Quote:
Originally posted by M@ni@c
Man man this is turning a bit too much into a political forum. I really hope we get down to business once the Commissioner is elected...
LOL, quite true; I’m eager for the game to get started and for everything to be resolved ASAP.
Old August 7, 2002, 18:44   #7
Lemmy
King

CDC:
Quote:
The CDC will work to bring peace, democracy, equality, and freedom to Chiron.
Those are admirable goals, i support them too, to a ceratin extent, but these goals are not my priorities, science comes before all these things.

P4:
They do not seem to support military action, this can be a valuable way of acquiring new knowledge.

ACE:
still a bit unclear to me where they stand, there is however a religious party in there, science and religion usually don't mix
<Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
Old August 7, 2002, 18:45   #8
Maniac

Sorry for thread-jacking Lemmy's thread but...
Perhaps we should consider a temporal stop of political posts after the Comm. elections and focus on game mechanics not yet covered.
Old August 7, 2002, 18:47   #9
Voltaire
King

The CDC supports research highly, all the parties in the CDC value research to a great extent. I cannot speak for the other CDC members, but the LSD is even willing to sacrifice economic prosperity for research, something the P4 isn't willing to do.
Old August 7, 2002, 18:48   #10
Lemmy
King

LSD:
Quote:
Our first keyword is FREEDOM.
Freedom works against keeping our research for ourselves, freedom increases the chance of being infiltrated and get our data compromised, this is unnacceptable.
However a certain amount of freedom must be granted, to keep the people content and working, but it should be watched very carefully.
Old August 7, 2002, 18:51   #11
Lemmy
King

All parties generally have to same goals, but only the priorities are different, that's why there are different parties
None of the current parties, except the SSK, puts science and intel gathering above all else. Sure, they got it on their list, some got pretty high too, but there is always something more important, like freedom, or prosperity.
Old August 7, 2002, 18:52   #12
Crisler
Warlord

Local Time: 23:42
While I sahre your ideas for the use of Probes, I feel they can be used to turn an army against itself, I am not sure I am willing to go as far as you suggest to using autracities.

E.L. Crisler
Fundamentalist Faction
Old August 7, 2002, 18:54   #13
Lemmy
King

Quote:
Perhaps we should consider a temporal stop of political posts after the Comm. elections and focus on game mechanics not yet covered
good idea, but only on parties that are very similar to other parties.

Major differences with the SSK and other parties are i think:
Willingness to use atrocities
Heavy emphasis on probe teams and intel gathering, and defense against probe teams
Old August 7, 2002, 18:55   #14
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 08:42
Quote:
Originally posted by M@ni@c
Sorry for thread-jacking Lemmy's thread but...
Perhaps we should consider a temporal stop of political posts after the Comm. elections and focus on game mechanics not yet covered.
I do not consider politics a priority over mechanics, but I focus on politics because I haven't got at the moment any ideas about mechanics that would benefit anyone.
Old August 7, 2002, 18:57   #15
Crisler
Warlord

Local Time: 23:42
Probe usage and defense makes your party sound very close to Fundamentalist however the autrocities drive you farther away. That is one area we will not bend in.

E.L. Crisler
Fundamentalist Faction
Old August 7, 2002, 19:01   #16
Lemmy
King

Quote:
Probe usage and defense makes your party sound very close to Fundamentalist however the autrocities drive you farther away.
hmm, maybe i should've mentioned this is an atheist faction?
Old August 7, 2002, 19:06   #17
Voltaire
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Lemmy
Quote:
Probe usage and defense makes your party sound very close to Fundamentalist however the autrocities drive you farther away.
hmm, maybe i should've mentioned this is an atheist faction?
As in state atheism? Or secularism?
Old August 7, 2002, 19:09   #18
Lemmy
King

atheist isn't the right word, it should be religionless, the party does not support any religion at the moment, nor will it ever support one.
Old August 7, 2002, 19:21   #19
Leland
Prince

Quote:
atheist isn't the right word, it should be religionless, the party does not support any religion at the moment, nor will it ever support one.
Then there should be know problem regarding rational cooperation between the Fundamentalist Faction and you. Since you acknowledge the need for quick early-game expansion and the use of probes, it seems that for practical purposes we have lots in common. Perhaps if your party joined ACE, we could further our common goals better?
Old August 7, 2002, 21:53   #20
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 02:42
Quote:
P4:
They do not seem to support military action, this can be a valuable way of acquiring new knowledge.
last time i checked (though i may be wrong) we were playing with spoils of war off.

Quote:
Originally posted by Voltaire
The CDC supports research highly, all the parties in the CDC value research to a great extent. I cannot speak for the other CDC members, but the LSD is even willing to sacrifice economic prosperity for research, something the P4 isn't willing to do.
with a prosperous economy, research follows. i myself support high research and would probably choose a cybernetic society rather than eudaimonic, but to me, a green economy combined with eudaimonic society create research equal to that of a free market and cybernetic society.
Old August 7, 2002, 22:00   #21
Juliennew
Warlord

Local Time: 06:42
Quote:
a green economy combined with eudaimonic society create research equal to that of a free market and cybernetic society.
With stronger energy income
Old August 8, 2002, 04:38   #22
Lemmy
King

Quote:
Then there should be know problem regarding rational cooperation between the Fundamentalist Faction and you. Since you acknowledge the need for quick early-game expansion and the use of probes, it seems that for practical purposes we have lots in common. Perhaps if your party joined ACE, we could further our common goals better?
cooporating is a way of supporting your party, and your party supports a religion very clearly.
edit: That ACE however does not clearly supports religion, i'm currently considering temporary joining the ACE.

Quote:
last time i checked (though i may be wrong) we were playing with spoils of war off.
that is not the only way to acquire knowledge through war, you could also conquer a base and return it for some research data

Last edited by Lemmy; August 8, 2002 at 04:51.
Old August 11, 2002, 06:21   #23
Lemmy
King

ok, a little bump here for potential party members...
Old August 11, 2002, 15:46   #24
The Bloody Baro
Prince

Local Time: 01:42
Well I'd like to join but theres two things that are very important.

1. I just posted my party And how do I delete the thread?

2. If I join can I have my own little private division of troops totally loyal to me? I know this may sound retarded but I would like that. If I can over come these 2 problems then I would DEFINITLY like to join.
Old August 11, 2002, 15:48   #25
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 02:42
1. only mods can delete posts

2. Read the constitution. all troops are controlled by the director of defence.

before you join a party, read all the party threads instead of joining the first one that offers.
Old August 11, 2002, 15:53   #26
Lemmy
King

Welcome to the SSK, don't worry about your thread, just edit your first post saying that it doesn't exist anymore.
And like TKG said, only a director can control troops.

Now if there are any things you want changed or added to the party program, i'm open for suggestions.
Old August 11, 2002, 22:33   #27
The Bloody Baro
Prince

Local Time: 01:42
Okay I'll do that. Now for a suggestion on SSK policies. I think that we should no longer constrane ourselves to our families. We should take children at a young age to camps to teach them. Thus it allows us to make sure that a scientist doesn't ask him/herself "Would dad be proud of what I've created?" or a soldier asking himself " Didn't Mom always say violence never solves anything?" This allows our faction to prosper to its maxuim effecincy.
Old August 11, 2002, 23:25   #28
Voltaire
King

Quote:
Originally posted by The Bloody Baro
Okay I'll do that. Now for a suggestion on SSK policies. I think that we should no longer constrane ourselves to our families. We should take children at a young age to camps to teach them. Thus it allows us to make sure that a scientist doesn't ask him/herself "Would dad be proud of what I've created?" or a soldier asking himself " Didn't Mom always say violence never solves anything?" This allows our faction to prosper to its maxuim effecincy.
Now you’re proposing an education system that’s more conformist than that of old Earth. Oh that would be great, you have an entire generation who think exactly alike, efficiency for the sacrifice of creativity and individuality.
Old August 12, 2002, 04:22   #29
Lemmy
King

Quote:
Originally posted by The Bloody Baro
interesting policy, maybe we shouldn't call them camps but something more friendly, or another suggestion, have all educational facilities be government controlled, and then make it mandatory for each child to attend one of these untill a certain age.
Old August 12, 2002, 10:06   #30
Maniac

And how does that translate into game terms?? Building lots of Children's Creches?