Old August 8, 2002, 09:51   #1
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 23:44
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Campaign thread: Vice President
That's right, the elections are scheduled to start in only four days, so I will start things off.

Yes, I am now running for office. You should all know me by now, and know pretty much what I am about. I want to run for VP because I think that I can add allot in that particular position. I want to organize the government. By this, I mean bring order to the reports. We have seen two terms now, and both have had some good and some bad. I want to attempt to set a standard for reporting, to create a directory thread that links to all plans, polls, prepoll discussions, and minister threads. I may even throw in the different institute threads. I chose this position, also, because party politics do not affect it. When in charge, I am following orders from the ministers, not acting for my party. When I am put in charge of turnchats, they will need to fall in with my schedule. If the ministers cannot make that time, they will be cancelled. I can attend any day 2200-0300 GMT except Wed. I can also add 1200-1800 on Sat.

Much talk has been made on changing the government. I think we can get this working, and should explore the turnthreads and other ideas before abandoning the system. Regional governer concern me in that what happens when we end up with 5-6 governers not submitting orders? We already have a time with the limited number of ministers, what happens when we increase that number? A system of who is in charge in those instances needs to be in place before adopting the idea.

If you want someone who is about making radical changes or tons of ammendments, do not vote for me. If, however, you want someone who will bring order, form a clear reporting method, and generally organize things how they are, I am your man.

Many of the current government know my dogged determination and rampent persistance when persuing a story for the paper. Let me direct those efforts into adding something to the government.

Questions?

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 8, 2002, 09:58   #2
DAVOUT
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 06:44
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Is it true that the Gazette is lavishly financed by a banana lobby ?
Old August 8, 2002, 10:10   #3
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

The Gazette is financed by its subscribers. Everything it has made has come from them. I will use none of those funds to enhance my campaign, however. I am currently trying to hire two additionel editors with them in hopes to ease the burden.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 8, 2002, 10:46   #4
Robber Baron
Prince

Local Time: 00:44
'dOx:
I realize it's early to begin making posts along the lines of "I'm voting for ___"
But I feel compelled at least to express my profound relief to see some sober, dedicated, rational personalities entering the political fray!!!
Old August 8, 2002, 10:55   #5
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 17:44
Ah damn. I guess this means something rash needs to be done...

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old August 8, 2002, 10:57   #6
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Who said I was sober? Well, maybe just till we get those wines

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 8, 2002, 13:06   #7
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 02:44
I agree with Robber Baron, it's early to say anything, but...where can we find a better candidate to the job? So, I’ll say. I’m voting for UnOrthOdOx.
BTW, really nice avatar!!! Homer is my second preferred character in the TV (the first is Lisa, what a lovely nerd! In addition, she plays very well her baritone saxophone).
Old August 8, 2002, 13:25   #8
Epistax
Civilization III Democracy Game
Prince

Perfect! Instead of having a VP involved with every Court case.. we'll have a VP... involved with every court case!
Old August 8, 2002, 13:36   #9
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Not every, there are three cases now.

And frankly #2 should be thrown out. The court did not exist back then, how can you judge on the past? And what are you going to do, remove him from office!? Ah, we'll talk more on that tomorrow, though.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 8, 2002, 14:38   #10
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 07:44
Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
Not every, there are three cases now.

And frankly #2 should be thrown out. The court did not exist back then, how can you judge on the past? And what are you going to do, remove him from office!? Ah, we'll talk more on that tomorrow, though.
hi ,

, intresting point , the court should only rule on things that happend after it was made , however if these things continue to "haunt" some-one till after the date the court is created then the court could rule , ....

however the court and every-one else should talk about that , ....

have a nice day

Last edited by Panag; August 8, 2002 at 14:55.
Old August 8, 2002, 14:48   #11
Captain
King

ATTENTION UNORTHODOX
deleted - thank you for your quick response
Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.

Last edited by Captain; August 8, 2002 at 15:02.
Old August 8, 2002, 14:48   #12
Captain
King

double post - deleted.

the above msg will also be deleted once I receive confirmation about the PM. thanks.
Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.
Old August 8, 2002, 14:57   #13
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Anyone needing to get in touch with me can do so at

UnOrthOdOx3040@AOL.com

My inbox can get overloaded in a hurry, and 'poly is slow to delete them from it's memory.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Last edited by UnOrthOdOx; August 8, 2002 at 15:04.
Old August 8, 2002, 15:03   #14
Captain
King

thank you, we certainly understand technical difficulties.
Old August 8, 2002, 16:25   #15
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 17:44
UnOrthO - can we be running mates? I have posted my intent to be President in the nomination thread.

Come on world, we know what we will do with the game. Keep it running!

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old August 8, 2002, 16:41   #16
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Well, to quote Trip:

There is nothing in the CoL explicitly forbidding it, so it is legal.

And I would not be running if I didn't think you would be at President. We know what we want to do here, lets do it. Running mates would be an honor.

Together we can bring order to this whether or not all these reformations come to pass. Some may not like the way we do things, but it will be more orderly.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 8, 2002, 19:16   #17
Kuciwalker
Deity

Local Time: 01:44
The Gazette is financed by me I provide over 50% of its bananas.

UnOrthOdOx - if you won't be able to continue the Gazette, I'm not voting for you!
Old August 8, 2002, 19:18   #18
Kuciwalker
Deity

Local Time: 01:44
Oh, and UnOrthOdOx and Trip, what do you think of my proposed reforms here?
Old August 8, 2002, 22:18   #19
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

The Gazette was designed to fill a need. I will make every attempt to continue with it. Really, reporting for the government and reporting for the Gazette go hand in hand. However, currently there is a greater need in the government. If there is no government, there is no game, there is no Gazette. I am here to serve the greater need. Several others have expressed an interest in helping to WRITE the Gazette, why don't you as well?

On reforms, I think they all need some amount of work before they are ready. Regional Governers need to be looked at, and formulate a plan on what happens if we cannot find enough, or they do not do their job. Other than that, the Domestic advisor is now going to have one hell of a time reporting all that in a chat. He will have to be someone VERY organized. Spiffor comes to mind as an excellent choice in that position should the reforms come to pass. I also think turnthreads could serve the public about the same as total reform, however. Also, there is something to be said when there have been chats go just fine, like today. We are all focused on the negative chats right now, but there have been some do just fine. Perhaps they can yet be salvaged in some form with some dedicated ministers who at least post plans beforehand.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby