Old August 8, 2002, 19:21   #1
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

Local Time: 05:46
Local Date: November 1, 2010
councel of defense
ok when we go to war (what will happen I think) it will be up to the D of D to protect us and defeat our enemies. but I belief if we start an councel that can advice him it will go much better I have put down some words in an other Thread and here they are

I called it Strategic and Tactical Defence Councel (STDC)
the STDC it will just be a advisory council developing specfic tactical plans (such as this armystack can move to there and attack it like this and then it will do...) and It will develop some overall strategic advices (we need a fleet + marine landing force there to quickly attack if we get attack by him) I think we could independely developed some plans and help eachother to make them better then start a poll to here if the citizen agree and them submit the idea to the Diretore of Defense. This way troop placement and specific unit movements will not be left to one person or his aides/lackeys that will follow his one-minded view (With this I mean that 2 people can see more than one ) I say it will be advesory and that it will start with a small group of people that want to invest time and that every D of D (also het ex-D of D) may join the councel.

if there is a new member that wants to join we look at his/her CV and hold a vote more than 50% jay mean he or she (we have one female citizen right?) is in. (or something like it)

if something is not clear or if everone it against it let me no pleaze. but I want to make sure this will have nothing to do with party politics but with simply helping the D of D.
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old August 8, 2002, 19:35   #2
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 22:46
Local Date: October 31, 2010
As I mentioned before, I find this to be an interesting idea. Although I think it is too early to get something such as this organized. I believe we should hold off until elections are over (the elections for Commissioner should end soon enough, though from the looks of it so far we may have some problems if it results in a tie). I think we need to know who the Director of Defense will be before any definite plans are made for such a council.
Old August 8, 2002, 19:36   #3
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

yes this is use to discuss some ideas about the military
Old August 9, 2002, 06:59   #4
Leland
Prince

Local Time: 07:46
Re: councel of defense
I'm all for the idea, but the current Director of Peacekeeping Operations should always have the final word. And why restrict membership?
Old August 9, 2002, 08:27   #5
DeathByTheSword
King

that is debateble. it was just to prevent it from flooding with members. but if we want it to make an open councel ok by me. and if we want to make it something else then advisory that would mean it will become a branch of the goverment, and by that quickly making it open for party politics, and altough i am for parties I thing this should not be mixed for the interest of the faction
Old August 9, 2002, 08:50   #6
Tactical Marine
Chieftain

Local Time: 21:46
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Well I think the director can choose who he want on the council. (Woul you want advice you dont like?) But prehaps people can apply for a seat. Actually I cant see this a sone of the most desirable postions.
Old August 9, 2002, 09:12   #7
DeathByTheSword
King

No i taught of this so that Not One person, or his lackeys, would have control over our military positions, esspecially during wartime
Old August 9, 2002, 10:24   #8
Leland
Prince

Local Time: 07:46
Quote:
Originally posted by DeathByTheSword
No i taught of this so that Not One person, or his lackeys, would have control over our military positions, esspecially during wartime
I don't think you can have it both ways: either it's part of the government and has "legal" power, or it's non-governmental and hence the final word is with the Director of PO. I like the idea of the council as a non-governmental forum for discussions on strategy, but I don't exactly see the reason why the Director shouldn't be able to make his own decisions.
Old August 9, 2002, 10:55   #9
DeathByTheSword
King

he can but as I already said any help on tactical decisions will only help our factions. some make plans then let them be polled if every is ok with it then ask the defense guy if he want to use it. this way the D of D can look more (if he want to) at production and design
Old August 9, 2002, 21:36   #10
Darkness' Edge
Civilization II Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCall to Power II Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova Traders
Prince

Local Time: 16:46
I'm completely opposed to this idea.

The people are quite capable of advising the DoD on military issues. All he needs to do is propose a poll, or, in the disastrous event that turnchat wins in that poll, bring it up in turnchat.
Old August 10, 2002, 13:14   #11
DeathByTheSword
King

yes but if you make a special thread for planning attacks or something like this....I think that the people can help the DoD very well via a special place/thread