Old August 8, 2002, 23:35   #1
Artifex
Prince

Local Time: 05:46
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Minimum amount of tiles away from Capital, that you would consider rushing a FP?
Lets say you get a great leader early..how soon would you consider building an FP? What if the only place you have is your first/closest conquered nations core city group? What is the minimum # of tiles away from your capital you woudl consider? Is it best to get the FP built ASAP..even if it is kinda close to your capital and not on the other end of the continent?
Old August 9, 2002, 00:40   #2
Catt
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton University
King

Local Time: 22:46
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Re: Minimum amount of tiles away from Capital, that you would consider rushing a FP?
Quote:
Originally posted by Artifex
Lets say you get a great leader early..how soon would you consider building an FP? What if the only place you have is your first/closest conquered nations core city group? What is the minimum # of tiles away from your capital you woudl consider? Is it best to get the FP built ASAP..even if it is kinda close to your capital and not on the other end of the continent?
Minimum number of tiles? Probably 2, maybe 3 - seriously. It all depends on the map. Remember - the Palace is mobile; the FP is usually fixed.

I very often (after getting a sense of the map) will decide to build my FP pretty close to my original Palace (which means I will often not waste a leader rushing an FP). If, after a view of the map, I expect to relocate my palace at some point (say my capital starts out on the coast, for example), I want my FP up and running in a decent location before the opportunity ever presents itself to relocate my palace. This may mean an FP build in the early BCs, as soon as I get the chance to have an FP built (or anticipate that the chance wil present itself within the next city founding or conquest, as appropriate).

Catt
Old August 9, 2002, 07:16   #3
Pythagoras
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
King

Local Time: 00:46
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I pretty much agree with Catt. If I can Ill start building a palace elsewhere and may even try to get my FP in my original capitol.

"It's easy to stop making mistakes. Just stop having ideas." Unknown