Old August 14, 2002, 02:47   #91
Lung
King

Local Time: 15:47
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
[SIZE=1] Originally posted by Ethelred [/SIZE
Well at least he didn't claim I was going to Hell.
He doesn't have that luxury that the creationists have

Some people's idea of being closed-minded is not accepting anything as proof without evidence I guess that makes being open-minded being able to accept anything your told without question
Old August 14, 2002, 03:41   #92
Kramerman
Prince

Local Time: 23:47
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Re: Neantherdals
Quote:
Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
What if they were around today? They weren't human but they were intelligent, sentient beings. Should we share the planet with them? Did they have souls? If you believe in God, did God see them in the same way as us? Or should we treat them like any other animal for us to dispose of as we wish? Would Neantherdal countries be possible? Did they exist?

Why did they die out? If our ancestors wiped them out, were they right to do so?
Does this have anything to do with what i wrote in the "greatest battles ever thread", or is this just a coincidence? Interesting question no matter.
I say they would probably be just like another race. Except, IIRC, they were built stronger than modern man and their craniums have been found to have slightly larger brain cavities, hinting that they may have been more intelegent - though brain size isnt everything. However if this be the case, they would be superior to humans now and would probably have inslaved us or something.

Kman
Old August 14, 2002, 06:08   #93
Ethelred
King

Local Time: 21:47
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Neanderthals did have a very slightly larger brain on average. 1400 cc VS 1350 cc but they were also slightly heavier. They are indications that they had some small differences in brain structure but that is based on the shape of the brain case which really can guarantee a real difference when we are talking about something that subtle.

There inferior tool kit and low rate of tool change plus the near total lack of any art till the very end makes it unlikely that they were as creative even if they were as inteligent.