Old August 10, 2002, 18:23   #1
dbark187
Settler

Local Time: 00:52
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Enslave and Bloodbath
Every time I choose the enslave or bloodbath options when I conquer a city my entire stack dissapears/dies. Is this what is supposed to happen? If it is, is there any way I can change it? I'm using Apolyton Super Pack. Any help would be appreciated.
Old August 10, 2002, 21:34   #2
Pedrunn
Call to Power II Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 02:52
This does not happen with me. And for sure wasnt supose to. Something is wrong either with your code or your game
-Jean Rostand
Old August 10, 2002, 22:02   #3
dbark187
Settler

Thanks for your response
Perhaps I'm missing something? I only started playing CTP2 with mods recently. I downloaded the activision patch, modswapper, the apolyton pack and the super apolyton pack. Am I missing anything important for this mod?
Old August 11, 2002, 08:35   #4
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

Local Time: 07:52
Re: Enslave and Bloodbath
Quote:
Originally posted by dbark187
Every time I choose the enslave or bloodbath options when I conquer a city my entire stack dissapears/dies. Is this what is supposed to happen? If it is, is there any way I can change it? I'm using Apolyton Super Pack. Any help would be appreciated.
I only know one situation when this should happen: You have a stack that only contains tanks or horse dependent units. The attack city was on a mountain tile. At least all the units in this stack can't move on the terrain were the city was normally. So if the mountain city is destroyed non mountain units will die this will happen with bloodbarth and without bloodbarth if you attacked a size one city in the mountains.

-Martin
Old August 11, 2002, 09:51   #5
dbark187
Settler

Re: Re: Enslave and Bloodbath
Quote:
Originally posted by Martin Gühmann

I only know one situation when this should happen: You have a stack that only contains tanks or horse dependent units. The attack city was on a mountain tile. At least all the units in this stack can't move on the terrain were the city was normally. So if the mountain city is destroyed non mountain units will die this will happen with bloodbarth and without bloodbarth if you attacked a size one city in the mountains.

-Martin
This seems to be the case. All the cities I conquered were size 3 and above so I had no problem with extending my empire. Once I got to thinking about why it would do that it only made sense that since those units couldn't move on mountain tiles they would disappear once the city did. Thanks for all your help.