Old August 10, 2002, 21:45   #1
Ninot
PtWDG RoleplayC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 00:53
Local Date: November 1, 2010
(ROLEPLAY) Denouncing the War
Before anyone flames, please notice this thread is completely roleplaying and the views expressed are of a character, not my own. I hope everyone who posts in this thread will RP too, but i dont control the universe...

Soon, our nation will take steps I wished we would never have to take. We are on the verge of declaring war against our neighbor nation, the Empire of France. This is to my own sorrow, and I follow only for it is in the wishes of the people.

France has always been the first nation to lend us a hand when we were in need. Even up untill now, France has never done us wrong, and such can be seen in that we haven't procured a reason to go to war with France yet, other than for our own future needs. To me, this is dispicable, and as we have already made this comittment, I am convinced we are about to do some great wrong.

In the several talks I've had, over my career as Foreign Minister and President, with the Empress of France, Saint Joan d'Arc, I have never found a valid reason for several plans we have had to attack her beautiful nation. I have still yet to find a valid reason to spill blood, and I doubt I ever will.

I will be ashamed to have the Foreign Minister deliver a declaration of war to our friend Joan d'Arc. And furthermore, I will wish to help her rejeuvenate her nation should we ravage it, and I will ensure her people lost at battle will not be forgotten for the trajedy that is about to meet them.
Old August 10, 2002, 23:41   #2
jdd2007
NationStates
King

Local Time: 01:53
*A man steps out of the crowd*

we are fine now, and our children might be able to live in peace, but how about their children and their grandchildren. if we wage a war now, we can make Apolytonians live well for eternity. the luxuries in france will let us enjoy life and the resources there will let us defend it. Joan might seem like a friend, but who knows if they are planning to attack us? my wife of several years and i live a town that used to be american. we have pride in our country, and want others to feel the same way. 10 of my 22 sons are archers and 7 swordsmen.
Old August 10, 2002, 23:56   #3
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 23:53
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Mars requires regular offerings of blood.

If we do not profer them to him, he may decide to favour another.

Feed Mars blood!
Old August 11, 2002, 00:04   #4
Ninot
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by jdd2007
*A man steps out of the crowd*

we are fine now, and our children might be able to live in peace, but how about their children and their grandchildren. if we wage a war now, we can make Apolytonians live well for eternity. the luxuries in france will let us enjoy life and the resources there will let us defend it. Joan might seem like a friend, but who knows if they are planning to attack us? my wife of several years and i live a town that used to be american. we have pride in our country, and want others to feel the same way. 10 of my 22 sons are archers and 7 swordsmen.
Sir! Your worries are understandable, but I assure you, our friend Maddamne Joan has no urge to attack us! I do not know if you live in my future residence of Del Monte-Washington, or Seeburg or Timeline or some other American hamlet, but if you love Apolyton, you know that the Americans were vanquished for Apolytonian freedom. If we were to push our might upon the friendly French, we would be just as bad as the tyrant Lincoln was to Americans in Washington, and Apolytonians in Termina.

Saint Joan d'Arc would never dream of starting a blood war with Apolyton. Like me, all she wants is freedom for peoples of the world, especially those of Apolytonians and the French, as we are such close peoples. Why must we be the evil ones who start a conflict that will go down in the history books not as rightful vengance, but as a downright cowardly attack?

I say we should trade with France, and make both our nations stronger, than to start this terrible idea of war which will only spiral into trouble for more Apolytonians and French than not.
Old August 11, 2002, 00:12   #5
Edrix

How must the people of France feel? Are they not like us? Do they not wish only to provide for their own kin, and ensure their own safety? Who are we to take away from someone, nay, A NATION of people, what we ourselves strive to acheive? Do we hold in our hands the fate of an entire culture, an entire race? I shudder to think what the destiny of humankind must be if every civilization will simply strive to acheive their own personal freedom. Wars can be fought to defend one's rights, one's beliefs, or one's homelands, but if we pull the bloody sword out of the ground and turn it on an unexpecting neighbor... we are nothing but hypocrites.

Old August 11, 2002, 00:16   #6
Ninot
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Edrix
How must the people of France feel? Are they not like us? Do they not wish only to provide for their own kin, and ensure their own safety? Who are we to take away from someone, nay, A NATION of people, what we ourselves strive to acheive? Do we hold in our hands the fate of an entire culture, an entire race? I shudder to think what the destiny of humankind must be if every civilization will simply strive to acheive their own personal freedom. Wars can be fought to defend one's rights, one's beliefs, or one's homelands, but if we pull the bloody sword out of the ground and turn it on an unexpecting neighbor... we are nothing but hypocrites.
good words, friend.
Old August 11, 2002, 00:31   #7
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

roleplaying.

/me calls a bolt of lightning down from heaven to purge the earth of Ninot's character.
Old August 11, 2002, 00:33   #8
Ninot
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by UberKruX
roleplaying.

* UberKruX calls a bolt of lightning down from heaven to purge the earth of Ninot's character.
/me goes OOC to point out Uber is not a thunder and lightning god, and has breeched his own character.

Do not worry friends, I am well alive and fighting for the peace!
Old August 11, 2002, 00:42   #9
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Ninot

* Ninot goes OOC to point out Uber is not a thunder and lightning god, and has breeched his own character.

Do not worry friends, I am well alive and fighting for the peace!
/me points out he IS a thunder god by hurling another bolt at the real slim ninny
Old August 11, 2002, 00:44   #10
Ninot
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by UberKruX

* UberKruX points out he IS a thunder god by hurling another bolt at the real slim ninny
bah, stop screwin the thread!
Old August 11, 2002, 01:11   #11
Duddha
Civilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 21:53
Burn the Heretic!
Old August 11, 2002, 01:39   #12
Epistax
Civilization III Democracy Game
Prince

The moment is ruined.

*fart*
Old August 11, 2002, 03:16   #13
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 17:53
*Thunk!*
/me has his champion Archery graduate silence the hecklers and those with God complexes (or should that be Banana complexes? And THAT sounds sick )

Aren't the French, as much as the Persians, English etc all enslaved by their unDemocratic governments? Citizens - we are the most enlightened form of nation on this green (in our case a little TOO green ) planet, and we owe it to every worker in every nation to enlighten them and allow them the say that is their right as given by The Banana. Too long have corrupt autocrats like Joan, Liz, Hammurabi and others domineered their peoples, and if they will not join willingly, they must be made to join.

For the people of the whole planet! One Nation united under The Banana Palm!

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old August 11, 2002, 03:18   #14
carpathia
Chieftain

Local Time: 05:53
War is the health of the state.
Old August 11, 2002, 06:10   #15
Vlad Antlerkov
King

Local Time: 23:53
Roleplaying:

/me casts meteor swarm... on Paris

Should make it easier to capture.
Old August 11, 2002, 06:53   #16
theViking
Civilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Prince

Local Time: 15:53
As I tried to say somewher else let us make friends now and expand, then find the right target

Old August 11, 2002, 08:34   #17
Sheik
King

theViking, This is a role-playing thread. As most people said in your anti-war thread we feel that war is the only option if we want to win the game.

Sell your photos
Old August 11, 2002, 09:14   #18
Kuciwalker
Deity

Local Time: 01:53
(roleplaying warning)

Stupid DIA peaceniks....

Anyway, I know why Ninot is against this war. I have some pictures of their "meetings" when they were supposedly discussing trade etc:

*censored*
Old August 11, 2002, 15:38   #19
Trevman
Warlord

Local Time: 21:53
Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker
Stupid DIA peaceniks....
Actually, I believe the DIA is supportive of this as it sees the necessity of it. Besides, who do you think helped Abe escape? Certainly not the American citizens as they were paralyzed with fear as our archers rained death upon them.

Reenactment:
Abe: American citizens, help me escape from this death trap.
American citizen: I cant. I'm paralyzed with fear as the glorious Apolytonian archers hail death upon me.
Joan: I'll help you because I hate Apolytonia.

See, this war is justified.
If you don't feel the slightist bit joyful seeing the Iraqis dancing in the street, then you are lost to the radical left. If you don't feel the slightest bit bad that we had to use force to do this, then you are lost to the radical right.