View Poll Results: Are you going to buy MOO3?
Yes! I'm getting it as soon as it comes out! 40 44.94%
Yes, but i'm going to wait for a bit cuz i'm too lazy, waiting for a review, etc 35 39.33%
Yes, but i'm a very awful person, and i'm going to get it via burnt cd/warez. I am going to be straight condemned to hell for my sins. I make Hitler look like Oscar the Grouch 8 8.99%
No, I'm not going to get it. What i'm doing here on this forum is beyond me. 6 6.74%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 2, 2002, 07:55   #31
CaptProton
Settler

Local Time: 05:53
Local Date: November 1, 2010
only 2.5 Weeks to go
CaptProton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2, 2002, 19:43   #32
Tuberski

Local Time: 00:53
Well after Civ 3 I'll wait until others here on Poly buy it, and decide based on their reviews.

As the saying goes "Fool me once, shame on you, Fool me twice, shame on me."
"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large out of focus monster roaming the countryside. Look out, he's fuzzy, let's get out of here."
Tuberski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2, 2002, 19:54   #33
Yolky
Prince

Local Time: 01:53
Yes I will get it, but depends how much. Since I live in Canada most games are usually around $60cnd. I might have to wait for it as a christmas present if the due date is around November or December. If it's after the New Year and the price is around $60 not like $85 for War Craft III I will get it as soon as it comes out.

Davor
Yolky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2, 2002, 21:32   #34
Sharpe
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Yolky,

Sears Canada Christmas catalog has MOO 3 listed for $70.

Compusmart website has it listed for $80! (That's ridiculously high!)

Future Shop doesn't have it listed yet.

I will probably wait until it is reviewed here and if good , get it for a reasonable price (<$60). If Warcraft 3 is any comparison, the price may drop rapidly as Warcraft 3 started at $90 and has already dropped to $65 in many places.
Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3, 2002, 04:42   #35
Urban Ranger
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending Stories
Deity

Local Time: 13:53
That's expensive. Ridiculously so.
Urban Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3, 2002, 19:20   #36
Sharpe
King

Quote:
That's expensive. Ridiculously so.
You won't get any argument from me on that... however, it is in Canadian funds (multiply by 2/3 to get the US equivalent eg $60 Canadian = $40 US, $80 Canadian = $53 US)
Old September 4, 2002, 13:58   #37
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

I used to be in the second category, way back when. Now I'm in the "I'll wait to see how the reviews turn out, but I doubt that they'll be very favorable so I'm just gonna wait and buy Deus Ex 2" category.
Old September 4, 2002, 14:10   #38
moomin
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

Local Time: 06:53
You know, great as DE2 is sure to be, a Moo substitute it's not.

I'm taking a look at GalCiv, myself. Looks very promising so far.
Old September 4, 2002, 14:14   #39
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by moomin
You know, great as DE2 is sure to be, a Moo substitute it's not.
Oh no, it's a completely different genre, but I don't have a substitute strategic war game to look forward to.
Old September 4, 2002, 15:16   #40
Zealot
King

Quote:
Originally posted by loinburger
Oh no, it's a completely different genre, but I don't have a substitute strategic war game to look forward to.
Candle'Bre
Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1
Zealot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4, 2002, 15:56   #41
moomin
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

Hopefully! But I actually think GalCiv will turn out to be an excellent offering in the space 4x line up should Moo3 fail completely.

Otherwise too, of course
Old September 4, 2002, 16:38   #42
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

At this point I am not sure any of these will be in my hands this year (GalCiv,Moo3 or Bre).
vmxa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4, 2002, 16:54   #43
Firebird
Civilization III Democracy Game
Warlord

My expectations has cooled of since the loss of teamplay and the latest bad previews, but I will probably buy it, when it comes on sale.
Firebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8, 2002, 14:08   #44
Proteus_MST
King

Local Time: 07:53
I´ll buy it as soon as it is released (22.9. for Germany I think).

The current reviews left me with mixed emotions, but I´m willing to give it a try.
Mayby there were just very high expectations from the authors of the articles which the Game coudn´t meet.
Even if it´s mostly just MOO2 with a bigger universe and more Spaceships and more Options to upgrade the Ships I would be happy
Proteus_MST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8, 2002, 14:41   #45
Sharpe
King

Not sure if this is a good sign or not but Compusmart (a Canadian computer retailer) which has been listing MOO 3 as being available in September for months is now suddenly listing it as being available on December 18th instead. (However the Mac version is still listed as October 16)
Old September 8, 2002, 17:03   #46
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

It is just a reality check. They can not make Sept.
vmxa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8, 2002, 18:32   #47
Proteus_MST
King

Local Time: 07:53
Quote:
Originally posted by Sharpe
Not sure if this is a good sign or not but Compusmart (a Canadian computer retailer) which has been listing MOO 3 as being available in September for months is now suddenly listing it as being available on December 18th instead. (However the Mac version is still listed as October 16)
If the extra-time is used to enhance the game, i´ll gladly wait

I´ve gotten used to wait for MOO.
MOO2 had been delayed for 4-6 Months, so its nothing new for me
Proteus_MST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8, 2002, 19:19   #48
- Groucho -
Diplomacy
Prince

I'll buy it if the 'Poly MoO moderates seem to like it and the die-hards spend months lamenting how it is trash because it lacks the ability to put custom seats in the scout ships.

That approach would have paid off with Civ III IMHO.
Old September 8, 2002, 19:34   #49
moomin
King

So who do you think is a moderate here on Poly?
Old September 9, 2002, 06:44   #50
Zealot
King

I'm sorry you think that way Echinda. Because if several people complained that much it's because they had better and more enjoyable gaming experiences with other games than with Civ 3. Like I did.
So, since I'm one of the die-hard mooers (spending 6-8 hours straight every friday/saturday nightplaying MoO 2 MP is nothing new to me) and if I don't like MoO 3 (especially its MP part) believe me, you'll find more amusing games. I trashed Civ 3 a long time ago, and there's nothing like good ol' Civ 2 and MoO 2 MP!
Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1
Zealot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9, 2002, 10:47   #51
Yolky
Prince

sorry for the lat reply
I didn't know they were listed that much, Sharpe. If they come out that expensive I will be waiting till the price gets down. I in my own opinion got burned on CivIII so I will wait for around $60 and not a penny more.

I loved MOO and MOO2, but alot of crappy game got out in the mean time and don't want to get burned anymore.

The only reason I might, and that is might pay alittle higher price is if the manual in nice and juicy thick with alot of revalent info, and a good tech tree poster.

I don't know why but I love the Tech tree poster for CivII and Call to Power2 posters. In civIII it was soooooooo disapointing and a cheap copy of the actuall game map. Very big rip off.

Hopefully this game will be great and I won't have to complain about the price like I didi with CivIII

Davor
Yolky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12, 2002, 20:13   #52
Q Classic
Emperor

probably not. they lost me with that IFP thing and the races thing...

then they dropped the IFP which is good but didn't bring back the races... now it just seems like they're doing way too much work before the planned release...

boo infogrames.
Old September 13, 2002, 04:02   #53
moomin
King

To each his own. I too think it's a shame they dropped the Space Bimbos, but I wouldn't diss the game because of that. I could even take the cutting of the space monsters - why, oh why? - if the game proves to be solid.
Old September 13, 2002, 21:11   #54
Argor
Settler

Quote:
Originally posted by erikmistal
so no one's going to burn it or use horrible warez?

I'm sure some of you will, but just don't want to admit it. tisk tisk tisk.
I'll get a warez version if it's available before a legal CD in the store.

To buy a game in a box == to buy a cat in a sack.

But I WILL buy Orion3 unless I don't like it (wich is very unlikely).
Argor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13, 2002, 21:16   #55
Argor
Settler

I've read space monsters may still be part of random events, but you won't find them around in solar systems when exploring anymore -- wouldn't be fun to have your only solar system with a starlane to your homeworld inhabited by a particulary angry dragon, would it? =p

(allthough that's hardly an excuse; they should be able to make a galaxy generator that only put space monsters in systems with only one starlane, that is, out of everyone's way unless you want to visit it
Argor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14, 2002, 10:29   #56
moomin
King

Space monsters may be silly, but I positively love them. QS cutting them was a fricken' tragedy. And no, it couldn't possibly be that difficult to generate maps where monsters don't "block" start positions. I can think of an algorithm or two right now.

It's the single loss I most upset about. Not that it will matter if the game is good otherwise.

And frankly, anyone using warez has some cheek complaing 'bout anything at all in relation to games.
Old September 23, 2002, 21:00   #57
system370
Settler

Quote:
Originally posted by vmxa1
I have three copies of Moo and Moo2, so it makes sense to me.
hehe - glad I'm not the Only Moo2 nerd with several (legal / retail) copies of Moo2 - I even carry a copy in the car - I lend my copies to family and friends - if the subject of "What is a good computer game arises" I say "Moo2" - I'v got a copy in the car - wait a mo' I'll go and get it.

I will buy Moo3 - Just not right away I bought Moo2 about a year after it was released.
system370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28, 2002, 21:23   #58
Glostakarov
Chieftain

I plan to buy Moo3, the only question is whether I will shell out for it soon or late. Since the beginning I've planned to check out the reviews and forums before purchasing, that's just how I decide what to buy. If the people around here have mixed feelings or don't think much of the game, I'll wait until the price has gone down before getting it myself.
Old October 2, 2002, 16:02   #59
Trifna
King

Local Time: 13:53
I rarely buy any game. And I now rarely play game otherwise than demos to get a look at them. But games that are worth buying that aren't like Rambo XII and all other formula application and that innovate and are my kind of game, I have no reason to not give the salary to those to worked for it. Innovative games are a few but they exist...
Old October 2, 2002, 20:25   #60
danminster
Settler

MOO was my first PC game back in '94, and I loved it. MOO2 was also pretty good. Because I like this genre of games (4x), and since I've been waiting for this game to come out when I stumbled across the MOO3 website in early 2001, I think that I'll be buying the game as soon as I see it on the store shelf.
danminster is offline   Reply With Quote