Old August 11, 2002, 07:27   #1
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

Local Time: 05:54
Local Date: November 1, 2010
candidates for Defense discussion
here are the candidates for the Directore of PeacekeepingOperations:

Emvepe (Hawk)
Sprayber (Independant)

any questions from citizens or remarks from the candidates please post here.
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Last edited by DeathByTheSword; August 16, 2002 at 04:48.
Old August 15, 2002, 14:33   #2
The Bloody Baro
Prince

Local Time: 01:54
Question. If just 1 PB is launched against us would you launch every single PB we have or just launch 1?
Old August 15, 2002, 15:04   #3
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 02:54
Answer. the AI never launches PBs with the charter in place, and we wont build any (if CDC gets its way). if we do have 1 we won't launch it because PBs are an atrocity.
Old August 15, 2002, 15:27   #4
The Bloody Baro
Prince

Just playing out situations.
Old August 15, 2002, 15:29   #5
Lemmy
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Spartans
King

Local Time: 07:54
didn't DBTS withdraw from this campaign?
<Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!
Old August 15, 2002, 15:38   #6
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 02:54
that's what i thought
Old August 15, 2002, 17:57   #7
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

i am going for this campaign and this is an 'old' thread nevermind I would think that the other remaining candidates start there own thread.
Old August 15, 2002, 22:49   #8
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 17:54
DBTS - can you edit your first thread to tell us who the candidates are? It's just a convention that helps you figure out who in this thread you might actually vote for.

Much like I did here

Thanks.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old August 16, 2002, 04:50   #9
DeathByTheSword
King

MWIA THANKS everone check first post. ask for my question to the two candidates. how will you counter an early attack from a enemy faction? (which units do you use and how do you use them?) for the argument we have laser/syntametal/rover

how do you reponsed?
Old August 16, 2002, 05:37   #10
gopher
Warlord

What is your base defence strategy? What type of unit (rovers, inf, specials) do you insist on for garrisons? Do you support Worm Hunts?

"Your plans to find love, fortune, and happiness utterly ignore the Second Law Of Thermodynamics."-Horiscope from The Onion
Old August 16, 2002, 08:27   #11
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 16:54
Campaign Speech
Greetings, fellow citizens of the United Nations. In these troubled times for humanity, we shall have great need for a strong military force, capable both of defending our colony and, if our leadership deems it necessary, to undertake offensives against other factions. I believe that I am qualified to fulfil this need, and I, General Tacticus, therefore ask that you, the people, elect me as Director for Peacekeeping operations.

While the other two candidates for this position have yet to elaborate on their platform, I am prepared to do so for mine. I will also answer any questions you may have.

Firstly, I believe strongly in the principle of Clausewitz that war is an extension of politics through violence. I will therefore keep military action subservient to the directives of our leadership, in order to ensure that the bigger picture is not ignored.

Secondly, I believe that war, while it is regrettable and should be avoided where possible, human nature makes it eventually inevitable. Hence the need for a strong military.

Thirdly, I believe in taking a proactive stance with military action, so long as it does not conflict with my first point. I will therefore advocate taking the offensive against hostile native life forms, positioning military forces near the borders of hostile factions, and taking the fight to the enemy rather than letting them take it to us.

Fourthly, I pledge that I will not attempt to gain additional military funding at the expense of science, expansion and industrial development, all of which are the linchpins of further military power. I will therefore argue against the institution of ‘Power’ system of values, except in extreme circumstances, and will also take all possible measures to reduce the burden placed on our society by the military, by the implementation of clean reactors and the use of armoured probe teams for exploration. I also believe that we should not attempt to maintain a large military unless we are in fact under threat, but rather should ensure that we have the capability to rapidly develop a sufficient military. In the absence of a threat, we should maintain infantry garrisons capable of holding up against a surprise attack, along with probe defences where necessary and anti-mindworm troops, but should not bother with more than a few attack rovers for offence. This must, however, change in event of war.

Finally, I pledge that if the majority of citizens decide that I am not fit for this position, I shall accept their will. I am and always have been a democrat, and one cannot both be a democrat and deny the will of the majority.
Old August 26, 2002, 06:53   #12
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 16:54
*BUMP*