Old August 18, 2002, 12:20   #61
DeepO
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 07:54
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by std_bomber
im sorry i offended you. i didnt realize it was rude to actually question all the silly crap you like to make up.
O, you are very sorry, if you do it again on the same line Maybe it's about time to grow up, and learn that debate is most of the time about opinions. People that regards other's opinions as "silly crap" that gets "made up" aren't generally taken very seriously. Not by me, anyway.

DeepO
Old August 18, 2002, 13:46   #62
Caliban
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by std_bomber
can you name any modern wonders that werent built by america?
As sad as it is, I can't either...
Old August 18, 2002, 13:56   #63
N. Machiavelli
Prince

Local Time: 06:54
As I said before, can we please either:

A) Get the thread back on track (it was actually informative an on topic once, if that can be believed),

B) Move this to the wasteland of anti-americanism that is the 'Civilizations' forum

C) Close it.

I can understand that a few folks are 'upset' about a game that they play. Unfortunatly, the means to make all the great changes you gripe about regarding the wonders, can be made. Change them in the editor and the txt files. Not alot to it. Some would rather gripe about an 'obviously-evident' evil American propaganda machine, but I suppose one earns more posts that way .

And as a quick side point to Strakorfsky, the Pentagon is not the equivilant to the KGB. The Pentagon is pretty much purely military intellegence. A better American equivelent for the KGB would be the CIA. The Pentagon is more similar to the Soviet GRU, rather than the KGB.
Old August 18, 2002, 14:26   #64
Caliban
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by N. Machiavelli
As I said before, can we please either:

A) Get the thread back on track (it was actually informative an on topic once, if that can be believed),

B) Move this to the wasteland of anti-americanism that is the 'Civilizations' forum

C) Close it.
May I ask if you are

A) interested in hollywood as a wonder for civ?

B) a pro-american civ-player who does not want to hear anything that he thinks might be exaggerated or provoking?

C) somebody who rather solves issues by getting rid of them instead of discussing?
Old August 18, 2002, 14:29   #65
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Local Time: 01:54
America is the economic, political, military and culture capital of the world now. I'm not doubting that, I'm just saying that others do.
Old August 18, 2002, 14:30   #66
Strakorfsky
Chieftain

Local Time: 05:54
Oh well, Americans, always considering themselves the perfecting of for all nations, oh well, you can't tell them in-different because they act rude and attrusive, STD, maybe if you grow up people will respond to your comments.

-Ronnie
Old August 18, 2002, 14:34   #67
Strakorfsky
Chieftain

Local Time: 05:54
Quote:
Originally posted by Trip
America is the economic, political, military and culture capital of the world now. I'm not doubting that, I'm just saying that others do.
Hrm, how is America the "capital of the world" my friend?

Eh, so, even though the Euro is worth more then the American dollar, and that their culture is rapidly being overcame by new images from europe, america is still the biggest and baddest antion out there huh? It is commun knowledge that America neer goes into a war without several allies backing it up to not have to take any casualties, because Americans could not take a horrible mess of casualties from war liek the European countries can, and you call them great, phuuy!

-Ronnie