Old August 14, 2002, 12:38   #31
Jonny
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG The Lost Boys

Local Time: 00:58
Local Date: November 1, 2010
To La Falange: (top secret) As you know, we have signed an 'alliance' with America, but peace will truly not come to the Americas until all of Latin America is under Brazillian control. We'd like you to openly announce that you are being supported by the NAF. We will then 'denounce' the support of La Falange by the NAF and invade them. If you do this, we will gladly give you support for your just cause.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To Ottomans (really, really top secret): As you know, relations between our countries have been tense, and the rest of the world knows this as well. I think we can use this to our advantage by creating an alliance between our two countries... no one will suspect it! This is my plan:

First, you invade Russia, but make it appear that the NAF is invading. The Russians will most likely think that it was the NAF who 'invaded'. However, the NAF will know it was framed, and they will declare war on you, and so will Russia. At that point I will claim that is really was the NAF who invaded Russia, and that they are just making excuses for going to war, and will delcare war on NAF. At that point, we will both be at war with the NAF and Russia, and we can announce our alliance. If the plan is successful (meaning: I take over Latin America), I will reward you by giving you my possessions in South Africa.

I will be able to take over America, and you can take over Africa and parts of Europe and Asia, and together we can dominate the world. What do you think?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To Uncooperative Swiss Bankers:
Can I open a checking account?
Old August 14, 2002, 13:21   #32
TheGuitarist
Warlord

The Russians step up troop movements on the EU border to defend against La Falange progression in France and Germany.

Russian scientists have made a breakthrough, discovering Fission. Large deposits of uranium are discovered in Siberia. Our navy is improved with the addition of nuclear submarines, which are sent on patrol near La Falange territory. Construction on the Manhattan Project will begin soon.

(Top secret) Russian spy planes have recorded unauthorized activity in the Iberian shipping lanes. Close inspection reveals NAF cargo ships landing in Portugal. Suspecting treachery, the Czar orders a mole planted in the NAF capital.

To the Brazilians: (top secret)
Our sources have reported the possibility of betrayal by the NAF. We suggest you post troops in Latin America immediately.

Also, Brazil, to solidify our alliance, we offer knowledge of Fission and shipments of uranium from Siberia.

Last edited by TheGuitarist; August 14, 2002 at 13:31.
Old August 14, 2002, 13:40   #33
Jonny
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG The Lost Boys

To Ottomans (top secret): Due to unforseen circumstances, the deal we earlier proposed has been placed on hold. Do not respond to the offer.

To Russia (top secret): Thanks for the tip-off. We accept your gifts, I'm sending forces to the border. If I went to war with the NAF, would you join me?
One more thing: Perhaps we should let the Ottomans join our alliance.
Old August 14, 2002, 13:56   #34
jdd2007
NationStates
King

Local Time: 01:58
the Ottoman ruler steps into his office to deal with the pile of messages on his desk.

To Madrid: Sorry, we will not assist in terrorism, but you may have $150m to help your economy, your people, your government and you, but not suicide bombers.

To London: We do not support La Falange militarily. We are against terrorism, but we might like to be the middlemen in a peace deal to make Iberia an independant country

To Washington: We hope for good relations. We would like to trade our plentiful resources for technology and military aid, especially with our obsolete navy.

To Moscow: We dont want an alliance, but we hope for good relations and accept your peace treaty.

To Brazil: No alliance at the moment. If you give us South Africa, we will give you $500m, a strong peace treaty, our friendship, some Airplane Technology to improve your old Air Force and some resources, but no war against Russia at the moment.

The soldiers at the Southern Border remain. The Ottoman Air Force becomes one of the best in the world, while the Navy sinks in insufficient funding...
Old August 14, 2002, 14:33   #35
TheGuitarist
Warlord

To Brasilia: (top secret) I strongly suggest you accept the Ottomans' offer, as a step to include them in our alliance at all costs. Currently, they do not support La Falange, which works in our favor, but this could change. I would support war with the NAF only if Russia, Brazil, and the Ottoman Empire are all on the same side.

To the Ottomans: (classified) We support your decision to oppose La Falange militarily, and we respect your wish to remain neutral. However, we urge you to reconsider our offer to join the alliance with Brazil. We have reason to believe that the NAF is not to be trusted, and we would consider granting you Fission technology to aid your stagnant navy if you agree to an alliance.
Old August 14, 2002, 15:56   #36
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 23:58
Local Date: October 31, 2010
OOC: The Ottomans do not know that the suicide bomber was La Falange supported. For that matter, NO ONE know that except the La Falange leadership.

To Brazil: What are you talking about?? (OOC: the fact that you know about NAF treachery is still a secret) Even if what you said were true, we must focus right now on Europe. WE cannot afford a war with a superpower with just Iberia and some of France.

OOC: Please, NO NUKES. They are the number one killer of NESs.

La Falange claims that a Spanish civillian transport ship has been attacked by a submarine of unknown nationality and sunk off the Portugese coast, killing 189 civillians.

Alarmed by proposals of being sold to the NAF, riots are erupting throughout Britain. NAF flags are burning, as well as Union flags. A local government official has leaked the offer made by La Falange to the Governor. The people of Britain, the mobs at least if not the intellectuals, support joining with La Falange. Ireland officially has rebelled and joined La Falange, as well as some parts of Britain.

The Swiss people have now officially voted to secede from the Union, as a result of heavy advertizing by the bankers. The new government has offered to support La Falange as long as teh banks have no risk of being taken of regulated by the government and the people can have relative autonomy. La Falange accepts.

With Falange support, teh NeoNazis have successfully taken over much of GErmany and Austria. The Falange army and the NeoNazi army are now closing in on and surrounding Brussels.

Scandinavians, appalled that La Falange proposed making BRitain sovereign over them, have voiced overwhelming Union support and hatred of La Falange. As the Union government collapses, they are requesting protectiion from Russia.

The Italian people wish to appease La Falange, hoping to have partial autonomy and not be subjected to any cruel treatment in exchange for supporting them. The legislative overwhelmingly passes the people's proposal, so the governor is bypassed! La Falange accepts the Italian offer.

The Greeks, in response to the EU turmoil, take back their request to join.

To NAF: Find an excuse to attack BRazil. Work it out with the ottomans. Make some explosion in the Carribean and say Brazil did it. Hey, it worked for the US back in 1898 when they wanted to go to war with Spain!

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old August 14, 2002, 16:05   #37
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

new map:

green=La Falange
brown=people support La Falange, but government (so far at least) is Unionist.
red=very loyalist, wants Russian protection
pink=loyalist
dark green and blue arrows=La Falange and Neonazi armies closing in on Brussels
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	eurorebels.gif
Views:	40
Size:	3.8 KB
ID:	22214  

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
Old August 14, 2002, 16:43   #38
TheGuitarist
Warlord

Russia accepts the Scandinavian plea for protection and moves troops into the area. Our nuclear submarines patrol the shores of that peninsula only.

To Turkey and "Ataturk Lenin": We will extend our protection to your country as well as Scandinavia if you agree to grant us a few cities on our mutual border.
Old August 14, 2002, 19:51   #39
WTE_OzWolf
Warlord

Local Time: 05:58
I will be withdrawing from this...

Unfortunately, my time area means I have no real way to respond in time to anything that happens, plus I have no real concept of how this game is played

Sorry for the inconvenience but I do not have the time to commit to this.
Old August 14, 2002, 20:21   #40
TheGuitarist
Warlord

Oh... too bad.
Goodbye.
Old August 14, 2002, 21:43   #41
Space05us
King

Local Time: 17:58
The NAF Immeadiatly invades Brazil; bombing thier planes before they can get off the ground, and crippling thier front line troops using the advantage of surprise. They advance far enough to engulf half of Columbia, and they diminish the Brazillian airforce to tiny.
They also send 1/4 of thier naval forces to protect the Carribean and Panama Canal

((secretly)) They send forces into neutral China, where they will wait for the right time...
1/2 the navy is sent to guard the Pacific

Professional troops are sent to assist La Falange in thier takeover of the low country. among these are Elite Green Barrets and the Famous Canadian snipers. They also send High tech armor and High Tech Bombers and Fighters.

The NAF begins to step up production of all weapons of war, they also start exploritory drilling in the arctic. They also institute a draft incresing thier army to Huge.

THE PEOPLE:
(I know no nes playing them but I cant be perfect )
Riots erupt in some of the larger cities, nothing serious yet just anti war and anti draft protests.

OOC: if thats not fair just say so
Old August 15, 2002, 09:32   #42
civman2000
Emperor

Brussels falls, the Union is no more! It has been replaced by the new nation of the Spanish Empire! I will control all of it (people, aristocracy, leader) only because no one else has taken any of it. WHen someone takes part of it I will revert ot just being the european people again.

Iceland is officially given to the NAF. A large area in Eastern Europe is currently unclaimed and disunited. The army is afraid of pushing on because they believe it may provoke a war with Russia they are not prepared for.

To Russia: Pull out of Denmark, Sweden, and Norway, and you get Eastern Europe and Finland and also an NAP.

Historians within the Empire remark that this proposal is "chillingly similar to Molotov and Ribbentrop in WWII," but they are silenced before they can spread any of their ideas beyond the borders...

The Spanish government supports the NAF invasion of Brazil.

Spanish intelligence intercepts a message sent to Brazil, the Ottomans, and Russia by the Union Secretary General just before his death in the bombings of Brussels. It reveals the NAF treachery to the world.....

Map:
dark green=Spain
brown=Russia-occupied
pink=unclaimed land
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	map.gif
Views:	33
Size:	8.1 KB
ID:	22250  

Old August 15, 2002, 09:33   #43
civman2000
Emperor

proposed border of Spain and Russia map:
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	mapprop.gif
Views:	31
Size:	8.0 KB
ID:	22251  

Old August 15, 2002, 10:25   #44
trickey
Civilization III Democracy GameNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Prince

great idea civman. Im just reading this one for now thought.
Old August 15, 2002, 11:07   #45
Space05us
King

OOC: Trickey join! pweeese
Old August 15, 2002, 12:16   #46
civman2000
Emperor

The German NeoNazis, not wanting be part of a SPanish Empire, are able to convince the Spanish to rename the emprie the Hispano-German Empire, or HGE. The east and west sides of the empire are controlled by Germany and Spain respectively.
Provinces that make up the Spanish Empire:
Spain
Portugal
Britain
France
Switzerland
Italy (includes Yugoslavia)
Provinces that make up the German Empire:
Germany
Austria
Poland
Czechoslovakia
THe Low Territories

The HGE offers an NAP to the Ottomans and an alliance to the NAF

statistics on HGE:
Large, well-equipped army
Small navy
Small airforce
Dual Fascist Empire
Leaders: El Caudillo (Spain) and Der Fuhrer (Germany)
MPPs: offered to NAF
NAPs: offered to Russia, Ottomans
War: none.

Map (green=Spain, blue-green=Germany):
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	eurodiv.gif
Views:	26
Size:	3.7 KB
ID:	22254  

Old August 15, 2002, 12:51   #47
jdd2007
NationStates
King

To Greece: Are you never satisfied?
*$20m goes to build a new high-tech airport in Athens*

To NAF: Our resources for your tech and navy aid?
*$1m worth of diamonds is sent to Washington as a sample of Ottoman wealth and resources*

To ALL OF EUROPE: La Falange seem to be successful, but once they set up a government, they will run into the same problems every potential *ruler of all Europe* has run into, including the former government. That problem is the people, the masses, the nations. Even in the Internet Age around 2000ad when the continent had dozens of countries, peoples like the Basques and Scots still wanted full independance. What I am leading up to is a proposal. Ottoman diplomats would like announce that we want to broker a deal to make several nations in Europe that answer to a single goverment. These nations would be almost autonomous, but could not do one thing: deal with other countries. The nations I propose can be changed by the people of Europe, but here they are.
-Britain (England, Wales and Scotland)
-Icerland (Iceland and Ireland)
-Scandinavia (Norway, Denmark, Finland and Sweden)
-Eastern Nations (Germany, Poland, Latvia, Lithuania, etc)
-Centralia (France, Luxembourg, Lithuania, the Low Countries, etc)
-Iberia (Portugal and Spain)
-Balkan Federation (Italy and Balkan Countries)
-the others (Other countries)

To Brazil: Give us South Africa or we will invade it. We hope for peace and will offer you $800m, trade of resources, and PEACE for the country.

*Armored divisions move to the border.*
Old August 15, 2002, 12:53   #48
jdd2007
NationStates
King

To Russia: Invade China? We get India and Fission, thats our only catch.
Old August 15, 2002, 13:48   #49
Sonic
Warlord

Local Time: 07:58
Hello, could I join now? If so, I do join as European culture citizen from the currently "pink zomne" and because that is unclaimed zone I do immidietly try to declare independence. The country would be called Lithuanian Authoritarism, it would have the following territories:
Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Belarus, Moldavia and Romania.
Statistics would be the following:
Army - medium
Navy - no
Air force - small
Authoritarism
Leader - Sonic

I do ask other countries to recognise the independence and to help with resources and developing country. Also asking Spanish-Germans and Russians not to invade. Thank you.
Old August 15, 2002, 14:55   #50
civman2000
Emperor

It doesn't quite work that way, sorry. I am the European people, so only I can say that some of them would declare independence. However, if you want to become the new leader-in-exile of the EU who rules that area you could do that.

IC:
European intellectuals have dismissed the Ottoman plan. It would create an organization identical to the EU. Some intellectuals have hope that the HGE will allow a little bit less autonomy but not too little and find the perfect balance. Others think it will be on the opposite side of the spectrum, allowing very little. A few think it will give too much autonomy just as the EU did. However, very few think that an organization similar to the EU would work.

Old August 15, 2002, 17:29   #51
Sonic
Warlord

Oh, I am sorry, I don't know rules quite well. Is there rules somewhere posted?
Old August 15, 2002, 19:31   #52
TheGuitarist
Warlord

Russia reveals its spy plane tapes and all the evidence gathered against the NAF to the world. We denounce their involvement with the terrorists but recognize the sovereignty of the new HGE.

Russia accepts the HGE territory offer. Troops retreat from Norway and Sweden, and the former Russian border extends to meet the HGE in the middle of Europe. Troops are posted at this border.

Russia issues an ultimatum to the NAF: immediately cease fire and end hostilities in South America or face our wrath.

To Ottomans: We formulate a counter-proposal that accepts your conditions but adds a new one: that we establish a NAP between our two nations after the conquest.

(OOC: Sonic, you can be the Russian people, if you like, since the area you wanted to rule is now under my control.)
Old August 15, 2002, 19:53   #53
Sonic
Warlord

I'd maybe like to be the people of mid-eastern culture group... Is that possible?
Old August 15, 2002, 20:45   #54
Space05us
King

The NAF halts its movement into South America, but stands ready for a counter attack.

To the HGE: we accept the proposal of an alliance
Old August 15, 2002, 21:46   #55
jdd2007
NationStates
King

To Europe: Fine, but dont blame us if the continent falls back into war.

To Russia: Deal (NAP) Accepted.

*Armored Ottoman divisions roll into Chinese Lands. They run into heavy trouble and deep resistance. Japanese conscripts, Hindu fanatics, Indonesian soldiers fight alongside their Chinese comrades. At home, their is resentment against Mandarin rule, but on the frontlines, all that matters to the young men is to stop the Ottoman invaders. It seems like the invasion will be a complete failure, but then Russian Infantry march they move at a good pace South. across the now weakened border. Largely unnoposed they move in two army groups. One goes to Beijing, the other to cut India off, and commanders of both AGs are surprised at the ease, until an aide runs in with reconassaince photos. He glances, steps back drops the photos and feels toward the phone. *

*The pictures showed a HUGE Chinese army with seemingly endless tanks, and many artillery pieces. But what most amazed him was the number of Infantry. There has to be 10-20 million soldiers!*

To NAF: DO YOU ACCEPT THE DEAL OR NOT [for the last time]????
Old August 15, 2002, 21:50   #56
jdd2007
NationStates
King

To Brazil: FOR THE LAST TIME, will you trade us South Africa for $1b and a peace treaty?
Old August 15, 2002, 21:57   #57
Space05us
King

Quote:
To NAF: DO YOU ACCEPT THE DEAL OR NOT [for the last time]????
OOC: what deal?
Old August 15, 2002, 22:18   #58
jdd2007
NationStates
King

To NAF: again, we trade resources for airforce tech and planes.
Old August 15, 2002, 22:30   #59
Space05us
King

To The Ottomans: Sure. sign a NAP as well?
Old August 16, 2002, 09:06   #60
civman2000
Emperor

The HGE decries the Russians as "typical hypocritical commies". They condemn the NAF attacks on Brazil, but then attack China unprovoked in exactly the same way!

The HGE sends approximately $20 billion of aid through the Paname canal to China. The HGE is currently building up its navy and airforce.

To Russia: Would you kindly remove your subs from my coast?

To NAF (secret, from El Caudillo): No one outside the highest leadership here knows it, but we're having some internal problems here. The Fuhrer wants to exterminate Jews; I just want to kick them out of the country. I have a plot to have the Fuhrer assasinated and replaced by someone that is on my side of the issue. Hopefully, we can blame the assassination on Russia. Would you support me in going to war with Russia as a result? And do you think we could get Ottoman support?

OOC: Sonic, sure you can be the mideast people. I think someone should be China though with the current situation

map with invasion of China and HGE-Russia deal:
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	map.gif
Views:	32
Size:	8.0 KB
ID:	22294