Old August 12, 2002, 10:28   #1
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 07:58
Local Date: November 1, 2010
(Roleplay) Coming soon: The Jungle Cassette
If you liked The Jungle Gazzette then you're gonna LOVE The Jungle Cassette!
Coming soon to your homes is a revolutionary, patent-pending new way of listening to the world! The Jungle Cassette is much like a newspaper, only it is distributed not on Papyrus but via Audio Cassettes, devices capable of storing sound for later playback.
With The Jungle Cassette you can actually hear the interviews as recorded by our trusty reporters, or hear our troops fighting and the other sounds of war straight from the front! The world will never be the same!

Coming soon to a newsstand near you: The Jungle Cassette - Be the first to HEAR the latest news!
- Phantom of the Opera
Old August 12, 2002, 11:11   #2
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 02:58
I have to admit, shiber, you are a visionary. A thing like that "audio cassette" could help me a lot; due to my advanced age, I can barely read the big letters in the heading of the JG. We don't discovered "glasses" yet, we need to research astronomy before. I wonder how this "playback" stuff works... The "cassette" speak to us, I suppose. But how? Maybe a little devil inside?
Old August 12, 2002, 11:18   #3
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 23:58
Local Date: October 31, 2010

Perhaps we could become business partners?

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 12, 2002, 11:26   #4
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Aro
I have to admit, shiber, you are a visionary. A thing like that "audio cassette" could help me a lot; due to my advanced age, I can barely read the big letters in the heading of the JG. We don't discovered "glasses" yet, we need to research astronomy before. I wonder how this "playback" stuff works... The "cassette" speak to us, I suppose. But how? Maybe a little devil inside?
At the moment it is powered by a spring. You have to wind it every 30 minutes. No devils involved though.
Anyway, the cassette stores the sound, but it does not play it back. The playback is done by a device called an "audio cassette player" which you have to buy separately for a price which I haven't decided yet. However you only have to buy one cassette player, there's no need to buy a new one whenever a new issue comes out (unless the player is say, trampled by Indian war elephants of course).
The rest of the details are top secret at the moment. I will be able to divulge more information if and when the patent office is opened.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old August 12, 2002, 11:27   #5
Shiber
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx

Perhaps we could become business partners?
I'll be visiting my friend Skywalker in his Del Monte plantations in four days. I will also be testing my new "radar artillery" device there. Feel free to join in (you won't have any trouble finding me, just follow the sounds of the explosions) and we can chat. I'm sure we can come up with a partnership of some kind.
- Phantom of the Opera