View Poll Results: Who should be our next President?
MrWhereItsAt 66 78.57%
Banana (abstain) 18 21.43%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 12, 2002, 19:54   #1
Ninot
PtWDG RoleplayC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 01:00
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Election: President
This is the election for our President.

Query:
Who should be our next President?

Candidates:
MrWhereItsAt
Banana (abstain)

End:
5 Days, August 17th 2002
Old August 12, 2002, 20:01   #2
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 02:00
Number 2......

what will we do if the banana wins?

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old August 12, 2002, 20:02   #3
Vlad Antlerkov
Civilization III Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 00:00
Eat it, then declare MWIA the winner anyway.
Old August 12, 2002, 20:20   #4
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 06:00
Despite my vendetta with MWIA, he might make a good president.

BUt I voted banana anyway.
Old August 12, 2002, 20:21   #5
Epistax
Prince

Banana does live closer to my timezone, but MWIA is far more active.
Old August 12, 2002, 20:22   #6
Ninot
Emperor

both are tempting... but MWIA is less of a fruit.
Old August 12, 2002, 20:42   #7
Timeline
King

As someone who proudly supported MrWIA right from the start, I am honored to have the opportunity to be able to vote for such a fine candidate!
Old August 12, 2002, 22:20   #8
jdd2007
NationStates
King

Local Time: 02:00
BANANA

all bow to the fruity yellow candidate (option number 2 that is) ; )
Old August 12, 2002, 22:23   #9
Apocalypse
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMMacInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

I also supported MWIA from the start. Do a great job man
"In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd
Old August 12, 2002, 22:54   #10
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Okay, I realize its probably easy to let divinity go to your head, but this Banana guy is running for way too many offices.
Old August 12, 2002, 23:07   #11
GePap
Emperor

*looks at the two candidates*

ALL HAIL MWIA, OUR NEW PHARAOH AND IMPERATOR, REPRESENTATIVE OR OUR gOd AND lOrd THE GREAT BANANA (no relation) AND RULER FOR EVER*

* for easy convinience, the length of time "for ever" has been changed to 1 month (The management)
"Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw
Old August 13, 2002, 00:17   #12
Sheik
King

Will there be someone who can run turnchats or turnthreads for people in North America if MWIA is elected?

Sell your photos
Old August 13, 2002, 00:18   #13
Edrix

Why are we even wasting five days with this "election" crap, anyway? Let's just appoint the new ministers and get on with the game! Screw this "Code of Laws" or whatever the hell it is...
Of course, there's still the RARE possibility that someday somebody will run for an office, nobody will want them to be elected, and the Banana will actually win. And they don't even have to be nominated - anybody can run! Democracy rules! Ha ha!

...I'm so tired...

I would like to remind everyone that this post is the result of approximately 17 hours without sleep due to a certain degree of stupidity on the poster's part. Please realize that I will probably act slightly less offensive and vulgar when I regain my sanity. Thank you for your time.

Old August 13, 2002, 01:25   #14
Donal Graeme
Warlord

Local Time: 22:00
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Hopefully we will be able to manage even with the weird scheduling from our friend on the bottom of the planet. Probably means that UnOrtho will have to work a lot harder than previous VPs.
Old August 13, 2002, 02:20   #15
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 18:00
Firstly - YIKES! Have an Internet outage for a coupla days and look at what I see when I return....

The next two weeks for me are devoid of any time-specific engagements beyond the odd hockey game (ie Uni is just about to reach a two week holiday), thus my times are a helluva lot more flexible than normally. I hope to schedule some chats (while they are still useful) during times that at least some of you crazy North Hemispherites can attend.

And BTW, it is a common misconception that the North is the top of the world, encouraged by the fact that Northern civilisations have been dominant throughout history, and, more importantly, have nurtured the great navigators and mapmakers of history.

In the Space Age, it has been discovered that in fact "Down Under" is on top of the world. In order to not confuse people, the North maintains their convenient fiction, whereas any tourist shop in NZ or Australia will sell you a correct map - with us on top.

It could be true.

PS Only 4 banana votes so far? Come on people, you can do better than that! Let's make this an exciting election.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old August 13, 2002, 03:18   #16
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 06:00
Quote:
Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
In the Space Age, it has been discovered that in fact "Down Under" is on top of the world. In order to not confuse people, the North maintains their convenient fiction, whereas any tourist shop in NZ or Australia will sell you a correct map - with us on top.
Fiction. If they honestly believe such a lie, then why do BOTH OF THEIR FLAGS refer to the United Kingdom? HMM? ANSWER THAT! HA!

How can we let a man like this become our President? A vote for banana is a vote for sanity, literacy, and democracy!
Old August 13, 2002, 03:37   #17
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

Local Time: 07:00
MWIA of course, hopefully he will promote turnthreads, as he would be fairly lonely in evening turnchats, considering his "exotic" timezone .
Old August 13, 2002, 03:47   #18
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

What, no kind words for me Sir Ralph?

Although I intend to keep turnchats going a while longer (ideally until a lightning strike on France), we shall see. I hope to initiate some form of turnthreads soon ('cause we can always have a turnthread detailing what will/has happened in a turnchat), but if they cause low turnouts, turnthreads will come sooner rather than later. I do want turnthreads started within my term, however, whatever happens.

Old August 13, 2002, 03:54   #19
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

Local Time: 07:00
Can I have my vote back then?
Old August 13, 2002, 04:26   #20
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

Well, bugger. I was hoping that would be reassuring - despite my personal preferences, I am more than willing to accede for the good of everyone else.

I guess there's just no pleasing some constituents.

Old August 13, 2002, 06:15   #21
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Go turn threads! For orders.

Have chats while you play if you wish to keep everyone feeling more involved.

Let's get everyone involved!
Old August 13, 2002, 19:32   #22
Kramerman
Prince

AWW, this presidentual election thread sucks compared to the last one. Trip and Ninots campaigning for my vote *couph* bribe *cough* was great. And then of course there was all the controversy. *sigh* memories...
Old August 13, 2002, 20:10   #23
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

You always could have proposed your candidacy for President as well, Kman. In the interests of Democracy and giving me a run for my hard work, that is.

Old August 13, 2002, 20:25   #24
Kramerman
Prince

Me!? run for political office!? With a senior year from hell starting in a week!? Yeah right. Besides, I wouldnt waste my time running against someone of such presteige, such as your self, MWIA. It would take one along the lines of the great Trip, or Ninot, to win this one. Besides, I like your ideas and think you will do a great job.

Kman
Old August 13, 2002, 20:31   #25
Ninot
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Kramerman

Me!? run for political office!? With a senior year from hell starting in a week!? Yeah right. Besides, I wouldnt waste my time running against someone of such presteige, such as your self, MWIA. It would take one along the lines of the great Trip, or Ninot, to win this one. Besides, I like your ideas and think you will do a great job.

Kman
im flattered, i truly am

Kman, i see great pottential in you. I have no doubt that you could go toe to toe with anyone for any election if you keep up this pace for a few more months.
Old August 13, 2002, 20:35   #26
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

Quote:

Kman
Prestige, moi? Whatever gives you that idea?

And I have had THE senior year at Uni for quite some time now. I hope to show that with the help and goodwill of everyone here, even someone supposedly chronically busy can do this and do it well. You're running next time, Kman, if I have to buy cloning off of the Phoenatics as they leave their planet and clone you to do so!

Old August 14, 2002, 00:50   #27
Kramerman
Prince

I see my place here in the democracy game is to make a few smart-ass-posts a day with only an occasional insightful work.
If civIII really interested me I would deffinately want to play a bigger role. Shoot, if i didnt have to go to school nexr week, i would like to play a bigger role. But being a minister or something is a responsibility i dunno if i want. A justice, maybe, but not a minister. Though, maybe, perhaps if i could count it as a position of leadership on my college application i might strive to make the sacrifice...
Thank you for you kind words.

Kman
Old August 14, 2002, 02:32   #28
Darkness' Edge
Civilization II Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCall to Power II Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova Traders
Prince

Local Time: 17:00
*gladly votes for MWIA*

now i support turnchats
me and you can control the game

Last edited by Darkness' Edge; August 14, 2002 at 05:29.
Old August 14, 2002, 02:35   #29
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Quote:
A justice, maybe, but not a minister.

Kman
Why's everyone after my job?

His job is sooooo much better. Really, it is. I promise. Just don't ask Ninot. He's deluded!
Old August 14, 2002, 08:50   #30
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Darkness' Edge
*gladly votes for MWIA*

now i support turnchats
me and you can control the game
Good to have you aboard, fellow Antipodean! Even if you did gip us out of the Bledisloe......

Be warned, though, the chats (whilst they last) may be morning for us both - in order to allow the majority Northerners to patrticipate.