Old August 13, 2002, 10:43   #1
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

Local Time: 00:02
Local Date: November 1, 2010
subbing to thread bug fixed?
I'm just remembering a while back it was pointed out to me that I had to click on "receive updates to this thread" to actually receive updates.

I was curious if I could save my laziness and not do that any more if I checked the proper box for e-mail notification.

This is not only a thread asking a question, but also a test thread for myself... I'm not going to hit the "receive updates to this thread" link at the top of the page, so if somebody wouldn't mind responding we'll see if I get a notification or not.

Also, when on the quick reply there's no option to actually say you want updates to the thread... is it automatically assumed you do or do you manually have to tell it?

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old August 13, 2002, 11:24   #2
Hueij
Emperor

Local Time: 08:02
Quote:
if somebody wouldn't mind responding we'll see if I get a notification or not.
I don't mind so here you go...
Old August 13, 2002, 11:42   #3
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Ooh man, this thread is going to spammed so hard!!!

(and it seems like I started (it) )

well eugh on -topic : do you get 2 replies now?
That was just in time.
Old August 13, 2002, 11:58   #4
Apocalypse
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMMacInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 01:02
Only if he visits the forum between the two posts.
"In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd
Old August 13, 2002, 12:50   #5
Mercator
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

If you got the option checked in your user options, you are automatically subscribed to every thread you post in.

If you are subscribed to a thread, you'll get a mail for every new post, if you are online. If you're offline, you'll only get one e-mail (namely, of the first new reply).

If you don't have the option checked in your user options you won't get any mails by default. To be notified of new posts in a thread you should either tick the appropriate box when using the regular reply method, or click the "Receive updates to this thread" link at the top of every topic page.

That will subscribe you and works like I said before.

Thus, when using the Quick Reply, notification will work as mentioned in your user options.
Old August 13, 2002, 17:11   #6
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

Local Time: 00:02
Many thanks for the replies guys. No spamming from what I can see, though if anybody else posts it could easily be construed as such.

It worked, however... I had the e-mail notification checked, and I got the message that this thread was responded to.

Again, many thanks... if/when a mod stumbles on this, my question has been answered now so you can lock it, etc.

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...