Old August 14, 2002, 06:05   #1
Solly
Emperor

Local Time: 07:04
Local Date: November 1, 2010
"I know we are the greatest nation in the world"
[Did anyone else see the excerpts of Bush's speech about Corporate Responsibility on BBC's News at Ten last night? Talk about selective editing.]

It really made Bush look like a fool. Does he even realise that people outside of the US are going to be hearing what he is saying...translated "we are better than you".

Hardly a great way to gain sympathies for any future international action, such as treaties or the war on terrorism (strange how he doesn't seem to care about American funding to the IRA).

Bush needs to realise his speeches aren't just for the American people. (Or, alternatively, Cheney needs to realise this and adapt Bush's speeches accordingly).

If Bush gets re-elected, we will be seeing the densest bunch of American electorate for a long tiome.
Old August 14, 2002, 06:08   #2
MOBIUS
Emperor

Local Time: 16:04
Hey I thought you were the US's new b*tch these days?
Old August 14, 2002, 06:10   #3
Solly
Emperor

Don't you agree with me?
Old August 14, 2002, 06:13   #4
MOBIUS
Emperor

Which part?

That you're the US's new b*tch?

Or that Bush is being an arsehole?
Old August 14, 2002, 06:14   #5
Solly
Emperor

My initial post? Weigh in with some arguments of your own, don't let this get spammy (even if Ming is asleep).
Old August 14, 2002, 06:16   #6
Roland
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

The permanent repitition of "best in the world" has made it to mean "well, it could be even crappier, like Boopswhana, you know?".

We non-USAers just have yet to get used to it.
Old August 14, 2002, 06:18   #7
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 00:04
I think you're a twit.

First, WTF does the IRA have to do with Bush jr.?

Second, I think Bush might be more concerned with a possible melt down of the American economic system than some 'maybe get involved allies' who are too chicken **** to carry through with the project.

Third, go ahead. Do it without the US! Please. I'm sick of hearing how 'bad' they are when they haul the freight for the rest of us and the lot of you are just chirping from the sidelines.

Now flame.
Old August 14, 2002, 06:19   #8
Lemmy
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Spartans
King

Local Time: 08:04
mwha, i'm sure they are best at something, let him have his fun...
<Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!
Old August 14, 2002, 06:20   #9
Gary
King

Local Time: 06:04
No, didn't hear it, but we all have already formed our opinions regarding Bush Jr anyway.

Not really newsworthy is it.
Old August 14, 2002, 06:20   #10
Solly
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Lemmy
mwha, i'm sure they are best at something...
Electing idiots, for sure!
Old August 14, 2002, 06:22   #11
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Boddington's

Electing idiots, for sure!
Brits seem good at that.
Old August 14, 2002, 06:24   #12
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 17:04
Name a country that actually elects decent leaders?
Old August 14, 2002, 06:26   #13
red_jon
NationStates
King

Quote:
Originally posted by notyoueither
I think you're a twit.

Second, I think Bush might be more concerned with a possible melt down of the American economic system than some 'maybe get involved allies' who are too chicken **** to carry through with the project.

Third, go ahead. Do it without the US! Please. I'm sick of hearing how 'bad' they are when they haul the freight for the rest of us and the lot of you are just chirping from the sidelines.

Now flame.
You mean we're too chikenshit to kill thousands of innocent civilians in revenge attacks? Or too chickenshit to pass acts no-one can oppose which strip citizens of basic rights?

You do realise that everyone outside America despises Bush? We haven't forgotten the 'elections' of 2000, even if you have
Old August 14, 2002, 06:27   #14
notyoueither
Deity

Nope. Can't name one that would satisy the lot in the media, let alone around here.
Old August 14, 2002, 06:27   #15
Solly
Emperor

Quote:
Bush has not done very much to stop Irish-Americans funding terrorist groups back home.
Old August 14, 2002, 06:28   #16
notyoueither
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by red_jon

You mean we're too chikenshit to kill thousands of innocent civilians in revenge attacks? Or too chickenshit to pass acts no-one can oppose which strip citizens of basic rights?

You do realise that everyone outside America despises Bush? We haven't forgotten the 'elections' of 2000, even if you have
No. Your too chicken **** too have dealt with terrorism when it was blowing in your own front door.

And I'm not an American, dear.
Old August 14, 2002, 06:30   #17
notyoueither
Deity

Quote:

Bush has not done very much to stop Irish-Americans funding terrorist groups back home.
What Irish terrorist groups. Are you on crack?

What bombs have gone off in London in the last 2 or 3 years?
Old August 14, 2002, 06:31   #18
Solly
Emperor

Quote:

What Irish terrorist groups. Are you on crack?

What bombs have gone off in London in the last 2 or 3 years?
Old August 14, 2002, 06:32   #19
notyoueither
Deity

When spink?
Old August 14, 2002, 06:33   #20
Solly
Emperor

Quote:

No. Your too chicken **** too have dealt with terrorism when it was blowing in your own front door.

And I'm not an American, dear.
The centre of the city where I used to live was destroyed six years ago by the largest bomb ever to be detonated on the British mainland.

A bomb funded by Americans.
Old August 14, 2002, 06:33   #21
MOBIUS
Emperor

Quote:
My initial post? Weigh in with some arguments of your own, don't let this get spammy (even if Ming is asleep).
Well, see the problem is...

We all know Bush is a moron who doesn't give a sh*t about the rest of the World.

Unfortunately the fact that he got elected in the 1st place means that a huge minority (Well at least the majority of voters didn't vote for him! ) of the US people also couldn't give a flying rat's arse either.

The attitude of notyoueither bears this out and proves your point, even if you might have provoked him a bit...

You only have to go to the US to realise that a significant proportion of the populace believes the same.

Personally I say we (the rest of the World) start looking after ourselves by insulating ourselves from USA's influence as much as possible...
Old August 14, 2002, 06:33   #22
red_jon
NationStates
King

Quote:

You do realise that killing civilians creates more terrorists not less. 'Terrorists' are just the new boogyman the Bush administration (and I say administration because we all know it's his daddy's friends who actually call the shots) use to push their own agenda.
Old August 14, 2002, 06:33   #23
Lemmy
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Spartans
King

Local Time: 08:04
Quote:
Your too chicken **** too have dealt with terrorism when it was blowing in your own front door.
our front door?
name a recent terract in europe,
edit:which we're not dealing with
<Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!
Old August 14, 2002, 06:39   #24
notyoueither
Deity

Quote:

The centre of the city where I used to live was destroyed six years ago by the largest bomb ever to be detonated on the British mainland.

A bomb funded by Americans.
6 years ago. You mean when Clinton was president?! What does that have to do with Bush?

No **** that bomb was paid for in Boston. I agree.

The problem was that your guys didn't treat it the way it deserved to be treated. Not the Yankees problem.

You mew weakly like a kitten, they feel no need to override their own citizens. You declare a war, like you should have when your own capital was being bombed, they would have acted differently I'd wager.

Not everything is the Mercans fault. Some of us are just too ***** to know that.
Old August 14, 2002, 06:41   #25
notyoueither
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by red_jon

You do realise that killing civilians creates more terrorists not less. 'Terrorists' are just the new boogyman the Bush administration (and I say administration because we all know it's his daddy's friends who actually call the shots) use to push their own agenda.
Created a lot of terrorists out of Englishmen it did, yup!

Bull sh*t!
Old August 14, 2002, 06:41   #26
Ethelred
King

Local Time: 22:04
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:
14-08-2002 03:05

"I know we are the greatest nation in the world"

[Did anyone else see the excerpts of Bush's speech about Corporate Responsibility on BBC's News at Ten last night? Talk about selective editing.]

It really made Bush look like a fool. Does he even realise that people outside of the US are going to be hearing what he is saying...translated "we are better than you".
American Presidents have been using that line for a very long time. Maybe even Teddy Roosevelt used it. Certainly Franklyn did. Did you just notice?
Old August 14, 2002, 06:42   #27
red_jon
NationStates
King

Quote:

6 years ago. You mean when Clinton was president?! What does that have to do with Bush?

No **** that bomb was paid for in Boston. I agree.

The problem was that your guys didn't treat it the way it deserved to be treated. Not the Yankees problem.

You mew weakly like a kitten, they feel no need to override their own citizens. You declare a war, like you should have when your own capital was being bombed, they would have acted differently I'd wager.

Not everything is the Mercans fault. Some of us are just too ***** to know that.
So what? We should have declared war and bombed the **** out of Ireland, killing thousands in the process. Or are you suggesting we should have bombed Boston?
Old August 14, 2002, 06:42   #28
notyoueither
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Lemmy
Quote:
Your too chicken **** too have dealt with terrorism when it was blowing in your own front door.
our front door?
name a recent terract in europe,
edit:which we're not dealing with
How about the ones that brought the British Empire, such as it was, to it's knees by blowing up random citizens in London? Is that Europe?
Old August 14, 2002, 06:43   #29
TheStinger
Civilization III Democracy Game
King

Quote:

Created a lot of terrorists out of Englishmen it did, yup!

Bull sh*t!
When a sectarian killing is carried out in northern ireland then the other side retaliate and do the same, is this not terrorists creating terrorists
Old August 14, 2002, 06:44   #30
Solly
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Ethelred
American Presidents have been using that line for a very long time. Maybe even Teddy Roosevelt used it. Certainly Franklyn did. Did you just notice?
So it's not just the present-day bunch of Americans that are fools for false compliments from idiotic fools?