Old August 14, 2002, 07:07   #61
red_jon
NationStates
King

Local Time: 06:04
Local Date: November 1, 2010
And how do you even know if the people America 'brought to justice' were responsible for the attacks? Did the US government ever release the evidence? How do you know the right people were attacked in revenge?
Old August 14, 2002, 07:09   #62
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 00:04
Quote:
Originally posted by red_jon

What about the 'patriot act' and other abuses of civil rights in their homeland? It seems to me that the US public is being washed away inyo someone else's grand plan. And they currently have the opportunity to become the most powerful people in documented history.
Not your concern son. They will manage their own affairs quite nicely. They always have since the time they kicked your ilk out of their lives.

They already are, and have been for some time the most powerful people in human, let alone documented, history.

They'll do just fine. They done better than most every one else.
Old August 14, 2002, 07:09   #63
Ethelred
King

Local Time: 22:04
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:

I thought the majority of Americans like him now?
Approving of the job he is doing is not the same as liking him. The majority approved of Clinton also. Presidents are usually aproved of in times of trouble unless they are doing nothing at all. What counts is how many approve of Bush come Election day and if he doesn't get the economy back on track he will lose.
Old August 14, 2002, 07:09   #64
TheStinger
Civilization III Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 07:04
Quote:
Originally posted by Tolls
"Yup. Thats what real countries do when their citizens are being murdered by thugs, whether in uniform or not."

Let's see..during the period we had troops actively deployed in Northern Ireland, shooting terrorist suspects, rumbling around in APCs and locking up anyone we fancied, we had the worst series of terrorist attacks in Northern Ireland and on the mainland...since we actually started talking to them (initially in secret) and began a push for peace, and withdrew the troops to barracks (and eventually withdrawing most of them) we have had a rather easier time of it (barring the nutters in the Real IRA).

Looks to me like the war-war was something of a failure at protecting us...and the jaw-jaw approach has had far more success.

In other words you're talking out of your arse...
And of course during this period, funding from all those people in the States nostalgic of their homeland went through the roof.
Old August 14, 2002, 07:10   #65
red_jon
NationStates
King

Quote:
Originally posted by notyoueither

I am saying that nations should protect their own when attacked. If you choose not to, your problem.

Don't ***** when you've *****ed the Mercans out of caring, when some European or other threat comes to carry you away from your safe, warm, complacency.

Get a frikin life and realize that the world is a lot bigger than the nice safe sand box you assume is the norm.
]

The Europeans complacent? We are all too aware of the consequences of war and too much government power.
Old August 14, 2002, 07:11   #66
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Quote:
"Yup. Thats what real countries do when their citizens are being murdered by thugs, whether in uniform or not."

Let's see..during the period we had troops actively deployed in Northern Ireland, shooting terrorist suspects, rumbling around in APCs and locking up anyone we fancied, we had the worst series of terrorist attacks in Northern Ireland and on the mainland...since we actually started talking to them (initially in secret) and began a push for peace, and withdrew the troops to barracks (and eventually withdrawing most of them) we have had a rather easier time of it (barring the nutters in the Real IRA).

Looks to me like the war-war was something of a failure at protecting us...and the jaw-jaw approach has had far more success.

In other words you're talking out of your arse...
And you never crossed the border to get the bad guys where they were being happily harboured.

Gaurd your own a*s, then come talk to me. Thanks.
Old August 14, 2002, 07:12   #67
red_jon
NationStates
King

Quote:

Not your concern son. They will manage their own affairs quite nicely. They always have since the time they kicked your ilk out of their lives.

They already are, and have been for some time the most powerful people in human, let alone documented, history.

They'll do just fine. They done better than most every one else.
I was talking about the administration as the most powerful people in history. Now is they perfect time for them to get more and it looks like they are doing it.
Old August 14, 2002, 07:13   #68
TheStinger
King

Quote:

And you never crossed the border to get the bad guys where they were being happily harboured.

Gaurd your own a*s, then come talk to me. Thanks.
IIRC the Republic allowed some cross border intervention.
Old August 14, 2002, 07:14   #69
Tolls
King

So let me get this straight...you think that us invading Eire in the 70s would have had a better result than the talks that have halted IRA attacks for the past 5+ years?

You, sir, are insane...please, never, never, NEVER go into the foreign service.
Old August 14, 2002, 07:14   #70
notyoueither
Deity

Quote:
And how do you even know if the people America 'brought to justice' were responsible for the attacks? Did the US government ever release the evidence? How do you know the right people were attacked in revenge?
They don't need to satisfy you Johny Bull. In fact, I'd be amazed if they tried.

Responsible for the attacks?

How about they were crowing about it and daring the Mercans to do something about it? Guess they were surprised they weren't dealing with a bunch of later day Brits!
Old August 14, 2002, 07:14   #71
Sprayber
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Emperor

Local Time: 01:04
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Old August 14, 2002, 07:15   #72
Ethelred
King

Quote:

What about the 'patriot act' and other abuses of civil rights in their homeland?
Let us know when the Act passes and becomes law will you.

Quote:
And they currently have the opportunity to become the most powerful people in documented history.
Too late. We allready are. Perhaps in the future a United Europe will be the most powerful. As long as its a democratic state I don't think the US will be hurting.
Old August 14, 2002, 07:15   #73
TheStinger
King

Quote:
So let me get this straight...you think that us invading Eire in the 70s would have had a better result than the talks that have halted IRA attacks for the past 5+ years?

Also Ted Kennedy would probably have been elected president on the issue of ridding the world of the evil Brits
Old August 14, 2002, 07:16   #74
notyoueither
Deity

Quote:

I won't. Last thing I'd ever want to do is serve a government of panzies that leads a nation sick at the thought of defending it's own citizens from foreign, hostile agression.
Old August 14, 2002, 07:17   #75
MOBIUS
Emperor

Local Time: 16:04
Quote:
Originally posted by Ethelred

Dresden wasn't hundreds of years ago.
And you're trying to say what exactly? That we're as bad as you - yes IMO Dresden was our darkest hour, but before you starting flinging that particular accusation, kindly remember that it was a co-ordinated attack with the Americans. IIRC we started the firestorm and you guys came in and bombed and strafed the survivors and rescuers the next day...

You're funny NYE, Canada just hides behind the US's apron strings - no one's ever going to waste their time bombing such an insignificant target...
Old August 14, 2002, 07:17   #76
notyoueither
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Sprayber
Damn you! I want to get out of this.

What kind of Mercan are you?
Old August 14, 2002, 07:18   #77
red_jon
NationStates
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Ethelred

Let us know when the Act passes and becomes law will you.

Too late. We allready are. Perhaps in the future a United Europe will be the most powerful. As long as its a democratic state I don't think the US will be hurting.
I just said to notyoueither that I wasn't talking about the people, I was talking about the administration - they have the opportunity to have more control over the US than at any othet time.

And I thought the act had passed, hence it being an act and not a bill...
Old August 14, 2002, 07:21   #78
red_jon
NationStates
King

Quote:

They don't need to satisfy you Johny Bull. In fact, I'd be amazed if they tried.

Responsible for the attacks?

How about they were crowing about it and daring the Mercans to do something about it? Guess they were surprised they weren't dealing with a bunch of later day Brits!
What proof have you actually been shown that they did it? Forget the fact that you were told they took responsibility. What evidence was released to the public?

You're a complete moron if you believe everything your government tells you...
Old August 14, 2002, 07:26   #79
Roland
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Someone has taken NYE's beer away.
Old August 14, 2002, 07:27   #80
notyoueither
Deity

Lets see. Who'd I miss... Yes, this one.

Quote:

I'm quite sane sir. And I'm telling you that if GB had given the government of the Rebublic of Ireland a choice between being occupied or throttling the life out of the IRA, bombs probably never would have gone off in London.

You all seem so preoccupied with the money from Boston. Good. That is a good thing to be aware of. Finance. It's needed.

However, it is where the bastards live that is more important. They no live. They no kill.

If you do not take responsibility for the safety of your own citizens, don't b*tch someone else out for not doing so either. What hypocrisy!
Old August 14, 2002, 07:29   #81
notyoueither
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Roland
Someone has taken NYE's beer away.
Got lots, thanks. Maybe too much.

Just feel like goin'.

I hope Spink is happy. I'm sure he will be
Old August 14, 2002, 07:30   #82
red_jon
NationStates
King

Quote:
Lets see. Who'd I miss... Yes, this one.

I'm quite sane sir. And I'm telling you that if GB had given the government of the Rebublic of Ireland a choice between being occupied or throttling the life out of the IRA, bombs probably never would have gone off in London.

You all seem so preoccupied with the money from Boston. Good. That is a good thing to be aware of. Finance. It's needed.

However, it is where the bastards live that is more important. They no live. They no kill.

If you do not take responsibility for the safety of your own citizens, don't b*tch someone else out for not doing so either. What hypocrisy!
Invading and occupying the Republic of Ireland would have devastated the United Kingdom. We wouldn't just have the relatively few IRA members there are now - THOUSANDS of enraged Irishmen would have started attacking the mainland. How is that protecting our civilians?
Old August 14, 2002, 07:30   #83
Deathwalker
Prince

OH please we all know America thinks it's better than the rest of the world. It's just the way they are.
Old August 14, 2002, 07:30   #84
Lemmy
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Spartans
King

Local Time: 08:04
Quote:
How about the ones that brought the British Empire, such as it was, to it's knees by blowing up random citizens in London? Is that Europe?
what group did that?
<Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!
Old August 14, 2002, 07:31   #85
Roland
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:

Got lots, thanks. Maybe too much.
I was getting worried about you there....
Old August 14, 2002, 07:32   #86
red_jon
NationStates
King

Remember, NYE - Ireland is right next to the UK. Afghanistan is half way accross the world from America. It is far easier for the Irish to attack Britain.
Old August 14, 2002, 07:33   #87
notyoueither
Deity

Quote:

What proof have you actually been shown that they did it? Forget the fact that you were told they took responsibility. What evidence was released to the public?

You're a complete moron if you believe everything your government tells you...
First, no not first, I already said this... it's not my government. I think I said 'dear' last time.

Second, if thier own statements don't do it for you, that being those of the Taliban, and if your your own government's agreement that war was justified are not enough for you...

Then you will never be satisfied. Too bad. Your life sucks.
Old August 14, 2002, 07:36   #88
Ethelred
King

Quote:
Originally posted by MOBIUS

And you're trying to say what exactly?
I thought I said it clearly. That red_jon is having fantasies in his claims that Britain doesn't do those things.

The US is not murdering civilians in Afganistan and neither is Britain. The US and Britain have intentionly killed civilians in the past. Neither are doing that now.
Old August 14, 2002, 07:36   #89
Deathwalker
Prince

The only reason the IRA attacks civilians is because there chicjen shits. They shouldn't even be called an Army
Old August 14, 2002, 07:37   #90
notyoueither
Deity

Quote:
Remember, NYE - Ireland is right next to the UK. Afghanistan is half way accross the world from America. It is far easier for the Irish to attack Britain.
Well. maybe Canada or Mexico would be an ideal base of operations for Osama... NOT.