Old August 14, 2002, 19:39   #1
Darkness' Edge
Civilization II Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCall to Power II Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova Traders
Prince

Local Time: 17:06
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Starting again
It's 1700 BC already. By the time the next administration gets in, where will we be?

Far too many decisions have been bypassed.

I propose we start again next month, either with the same administration, or with fresh elections.
Old August 15, 2002, 02:45   #2
Hydey
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 16:06
Hydey shall ponder this one

It seems a very serious thing to knife the president.

Hydey the no-limits man. :(
Old August 15, 2002, 03:54   #3
Darkness' Edge
Civilization II Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCall to Power II Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova Traders
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Hydey
Hydey shall ponder this one

It seems a very serious thing to knife the president.
knife the president?
pfft.

i don't care if we continue on with the same administration, as long as the game is restarted, and the same mistakes aren't repeated.
Old August 15, 2002, 08:24   #4
mrboo123
Rise of Nations MultiplayerC4DG VoxCiv4 SP Democracy GameNationStates
King

Local Time: 00:06
What? I suck THAT bad??????????
Old August 15, 2002, 13:28   #5
ixnay
Civilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Lux InvictaPtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Cake or Death?C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations Team
Emperor

I say keep going. This first term may have given us somewhat of a handicap for the rest of the game, but hopefully we'll have some good terms in the future. And I'm all for a challenge should I decide to run for president sometime in the coming months.
Old August 15, 2002, 13:49   #6
-Jrabbit
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II MultiplayerMacCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization II Succession Games
Deity

Local Time: 01:06
This is the Democracy Game and we must be prepared, at all times, to live with the ramifications of our decisions.

We elected this group and will live with this group. The next group may be better or worse.
The elections will be soon enough.

All the ministers keeps saying they're waiting for the save, but at this point, the screenshots are enough to go by. Let's do some polls and get some High Council recommendations to 123john before the next round of play!

(Hey ixnay, how about polling recommending some city build priorities so we don't end up with barracks everywhere?)

123john, tell us what you need to know and we'll respond!

"The Borg are gay." -Drake Tungsten
Old August 15, 2002, 17:14   #7
mrboo123
Rise of Nations MultiplayerC4DG VoxCiv4 SP Democracy GameNationStates
King

Quote:
Originally posted by -Jrabbit
........123john, tell us what you need to know and we'll respond!
Well, one is HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE READY TO BACK STAB ME!????? oh and If we should use the none settler for building a city or use it for mines, roads, and framing.
Old August 15, 2002, 17:22   #8
DuckOfFlanders
Settler

Local Time: 06:06
I am from the oppinion that this game should be continued as it is now.Don't underestimate the cummulative intellect of demogame citizin's ,i have seen enough demo game's so far where the situation was quite bad at the beginning ,but against all odd's the Ai was ass-whopped afterall ,this on the highest difficulty's.As thus ,in a way ,i regard this is a welcome challenge.
Old August 15, 2002, 17:44   #9
Darkness' Edge
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by 123john321
Well, one is HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE READY TO BACK STAB ME!????? oh and If we should use the none settler for building a city or use it for mines, roads, and framing.
Please don't take this thread as a personal attack, or an attack on your presidency, john. Mistakes have been made which make the point of continuing on at least questionable. I'd probably make mistakes too, if I were in your position. I'm even suggesting that we could restart a game, with the same administration, just making sure these mistakes aren't repeated.
Old August 15, 2002, 18:01   #10
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Quote:

Well, one is HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE READY TO BACK STAB ME!?????
If the time comes, I'll stab you in the front, not the back, and you'll notice when it happens. Look for a thread called: "Call for impeachment, Please Vote!" But that's not here or now.
Old August 15, 2002, 18:17   #11
Hydey
Emperor

Quote:

oh and If we should use the none settler for building a city or use it for mines, roads, and framing.
I thought we already discused this and agred that it is stupid not to build a city with it, we should have 6 or 7 cities now , not bloody 2.

Old August 15, 2002, 18:19   #12
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

we did

EDIT: found the link of where we talked about it: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=58017 it was never polled about that i can remember. the instructions to either build a new city with the settler or improve should have been included in the expansion ministers report, or maybe even the city planner's report seeing as how the two overlap jurisdiction IMO

Last edited by H Tower; August 15, 2002 at 18:31.
Old August 15, 2002, 18:22   #13
Hydey
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by H Tower
we did
then why did the president go against the peoples wishes?

Old August 15, 2002, 18:32   #14
H Tower

check my edited post above.

hydey, are you using ICQ right now?
Old August 15, 2002, 23:05   #15
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 18:06
I just want to stand up and say that I do NOT favour any impeachment. I know from 123john's last Presidential campaign against me that he has the enthusiasm that is important to slog through as Prez, and I reckon anyone who wants the job shouldbe given a chance.

However, 123john, you must admit that it has been a mistake to play as far ahead as you have in one session, and there have been some decisions that would have been better. I propose a second chance - john, I know you want to play the game and keep all us niggling old Ministers happy, so I hope you will take a few points to heart when next playing the game.

1. When you are about to play the game, go on the 'Net and copy down ALL Ministers' orders onto paper to consult at the time you play.

2. Anything you are unclear on, post about it and someone will clarify for you. I did this and I found everyone understands this - it's best to play when you know EXACTLY what's happening.

3. Any plans you need to make up yourself, or any problems in the plan (say another civ takes a city site we wanted, Barb invasions into vulnerable areas etc.) - please stop the game, save, and post asking for help.

4. As a general rule, I guess we can go for as much as 10 or so turns per game play before saving. This of course will be less if any unforeseen things come up, like other civs, Barbs etc.

5. When in doubt about whether something is important enough to let the long polling process start again, just PM someone like me, -Jrabbit, Hydey etc, basically any Minister. We pretty much know what is worth stopping for and what can wait a few more turns. Or just post a screenshot of the issue and let us all decide. The more consultation that goes on between President and Ministers/people of Apolytonia, the more ease everyone feels about the whole thing.

Please take these notes to heart and you will learn a lot (I did ) and be a good President.

Any problems with anything, as ever, PM or email me. I may not answer immediately (within a day or so I should tho' ) but I want to help any who would be President with any questions/concerns they may have. I expect the same is true for all who have been Ministers before - ask and we will help.

Minister of PEACE
MrWIA.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old August 16, 2002, 02:53   #16
Darkness' Edge
Prince

You're so much more helpful than me, MWIA.
Old August 16, 2002, 06:48   #17
Hydey
Emperor

come on MWIA, the rest of us are having a good old time , jumping up and down , screaming for the presidents head on a pike and you barge in talking sence.

Old August 16, 2002, 08:17   #18
-Jrabbit
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II MultiplayerMacCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization II Succession Games
Deity

Well said, MrWIA!
B*tch away, Hydey!

Ministers: Please post or PM your recommendations/marching orders (polling if need be)to the Prez asap so we can move forward. I see some have started this process )

FOREIGN OFFICE REPORT TO OUR BELOVED PRESIDENT

1. Use the NONE Horsie to explore. We need to find another civ or two! (Huts might help get us back in the race, too...)

2. When selecting our non-Monarchy tech, please consider Writing (Dips). Trireme would be good, too.

3. I was all set to agitate for Marco Polo, but we won't be in position to build any WoWs for awhile.

Executive Summary:
EXPLORE EXPLORE EXPLORE

"The Borg are gay." -Drake Tungsten
Old August 16, 2002, 08:28   #19
Hydey
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by -Jrabbit
B*tch away, Hydey!

EXPLORE EXPLORE EXPLORE
and build cities settlers then cities

Old August 16, 2002, 08:34   #20
Darkness' Edge
Prince

Quote:
come on MWIA, the rest of us are having a good old time , jumping up and down , screaming for the presidents head on a pike and you barge in talking sence.

Quote:
and build cities settlers then cities
shouldn't that be settlers then cities then settlers?
after all, one does need settlers to build cities
Old August 16, 2002, 08:40   #21
shade
Civilization II Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 07:06

If some-one starts an impeachment-procedure(now) this will be a nay-vote(and possibly a spear tossed at the minister who asks for it (sorry we haven't invented bullets or arrows yet ))

I'd think of the situation as something that makes it more interesting(now we might not accidentally wipe 3 civs out in 1 session like we did last time ).

btw may I ask who forgot we started the previous game with a tiran(to get past the really early/borring/workless minister stage?).
I think 15-20 turns might be better for the next session(time to clean it up a little)

Quote:
Minister of PEACE
MrWIA.
does this mean the New Apolytonian Secret Service will suppress all possible opposition to our leader(aka prez)

Shade
Old August 16, 2002, 08:46   #22
Hydey
Emperor

we already have a settler

Old August 16, 2002, 11:52   #23
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 18:06
Quote:
Sorry, all. A moment of sanity. It won't happen again.

Minister of WAR (again)
MrWIA.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old August 16, 2002, 20:22   #24
cavebear
Emperor

As I posted in another thread, I support immediate impeachment of the President. It is not that I doubt John's enthusiasm for the job or his desire to lead us to success. And he may even have a strategy that makes this beginning a good one (though he should explain it to us in that case).

As it appears at the moment, we are in a hole and digging it deeper with every session. Isn't the rule about digging holes to *stop* when you realize you have gone astray? I want a new President who understands the job and is comfortable with it (as opposed to doing it under threat of removal).

An occasional rebellion by the Citizens is good for Democracy! And I think the current situation demands it. Let's kick Darkness' Edge "upstairs" and see if he can do the job right.

Better to correct mistakes early than late...

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul
Old August 16, 2002, 22:24   #25
H Tower

Quote:
Originally posted by cavebear
As I posted in another thread, I support immediate impeachment of the President.
I guess I missed that post

Quote:
An occasional rebellion by the Citizens is good for Democracy! And I think the current situation demands it. Let's kick Darkness' Edge "upstairs" and see if he can do the job
is it the VP's job to poll the people on impeachment then?
Old August 16, 2002, 23:08   #26
Hydey
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by H Tower
is it the VP's job to poll the people on impeachment then?
Yes

Old August 16, 2002, 23:55   #27
shade
King

Local Time: 07:06
Quote:
As I posted in another thread, I support immediate impeachment of the President.
*tosses spear*

Shade
Old August 17, 2002, 15:56   #28
cavebear
Emperor

To my understanding, yes. And I am pleased to see he has done just that.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul