Old August 25, 2002, 10:57   #61
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

Local Time: 06:08
Local Date: November 1, 2010
question i put in the constitution that the commissioner has to do turnchats/threads ever X times how long is that X times. or should i poll that?
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old August 25, 2002, 12:09   #62
Pandemoniak
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

Location: of Xanadu, Scottish Section of the Apolyton Must Crush Capitalism Party
Okay, quick example : there's an attractive pod just next to this base named New Tassagrad. Unfortunetaly, New Tassagrad is not defended yet, there's just this other colony pod hanging around in the area.
The exploration advisor says its his duty to explore and therefore stands to pop the pod right now.
The Terraforming and Colonization advisor says its his job to colonize, and that he does not want to risk 10,000 lives (+all the persons in New Tassagrad) by just popping a pod which could be full of mindworms.

For that example, we could make a poll of course, but it would be simpler and faster to have a Court which would 1. Make a decision 2. Create a poll for an amendment about what just occured.
Old August 25, 2002, 12:11   #63
Anodyne
Prince

Local Time: 08:08
Hmm... some notes on the Impeachment-process;

As there are three options; Yes, Nay and Abstain, I'd suggest that the Impeachment would occur when

a) the amount of Yes-votes is over 66%, OR
b) the amount of No-votes is under 33%.

Otherwise, if only the a)-choice (as in present suggestion) is taken, the Abstain-option would be quite useless and identical with Nay...
Old August 25, 2002, 12:13   #64
Pandemoniak
King

Location: of Xanadu, Scottish Section of the Apolyton Must Crush Capitalism Party
Theres no need of an abstain option, abstain means you dont vote. If you dont vote, you dont vote " i ddidnt voted", you just dont vote in the poll. Its pure logic.
Old August 25, 2002, 12:16   #65
Anodyne
Prince

(I copy/pasted my previous post the 2nd Constitutional Committee-thread where it really belongs)

Pande> Sure, yes, but by the number of Abstain-votes we can see how "interested" people are in the choices, or do they really care at all.

And like pointed out before, those three options are usually the ones IRL, too...
Old August 25, 2002, 12:42   #66
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

Pande about the example: the DEI can only ask for troops from the DOP and the colonypods are always under DCT so here by there is no problem and i think that i already made the job discreption rather clear with the, somewhat simple, lines under the rights/duties part. ?
Old August 25, 2002, 15:29   #67
lucky22
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' Guild
Prince

So the director of social engineering deals with distribution of tax income, tax rates, etc. ?
Old August 25, 2002, 15:31   #68
DeathByTheSword
King

yes
Old August 25, 2002, 16:02   #69
Pandemoniak
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Ade

Pande> Sure, yes, but by the number of Abstain-votes we can see how "interested" people are in the choices, or do they really care at all.

And like pointed out before, those three options are usually the ones IRL, too...
I never saw an "abstain" note in a ballot... And we french people vote very often !
Old August 25, 2002, 16:03   #70
DeathByTheSword
King

still in the planet councel you can be abstain and you can vote so here too
Old August 25, 2002, 16:09   #71
Anodyne
Prince

Pandemoniak> You can always leave an empty ballot...
Old August 25, 2002, 16:10   #72
DeathByTheSword
King

If the people want it out it will be out ask them if you are really upset about it
Old August 25, 2002, 16:13   #73
Pandemoniak
King

Quote:
Originally posted by DeathByTheSword
Pande about the example: the DEI can only ask for troops from the DOP and the colonypods are always under DCT so here by there is no problem and i think that i already made the job discreption rather clear with the, somewhat simple, lines under the rights/duties part. ?
Hmmm... Okay about that, but I still support a Court, just in case. We cannot pretend that we wont have any constitutional problems, especially in the beginning of the game. This court would be a very useful tool, I think, providing the initiatives and pointing things that dont work perfectly. the Court is a watchdog, its it main task. The second one is to decide how must the constitution be read in case of problems, and clarify it when needed.
Old August 25, 2002, 16:17   #74
DeathByTheSword
King

ok if you write the lines about the court for the constitution we can make a poll about it but can you then also start this court....I for one am a citizen this term and is closely involved with the making of the Constitution so I wouldnt mind doing it.
Old August 25, 2002, 16:19   #75
Pandemoniak
King

I ll post a poll about the Court
Old August 25, 2002, 16:19   #76
Anodyne
Prince

Hmm... should we arrange a poll on whether to found a Constitutional Court or let all the Citizens work as a court?
Old August 25, 2002, 16:22   #77
DeathByTheSword
King

poll it
Old August 25, 2002, 16:31   #78
Anodyne
Prince

Someone read my mind...
Old August 26, 2002, 12:40   #79
DeathByTheSword
King

CC members what do you think sofar and what about article three? do I have to typt that too or does anyone else wants to do that because it has to be done in 24 hours if we want to poll the constitution for the beginning of the game. If we want to have time to changes anythink.
Old August 26, 2002, 18:26   #80
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 03:08
an idea

perhaps put in the alpha talent's job description, that he is to make a thread (and make sure nobody replies to it) listing the cabinet for each term (and solver can top it for us ). we could put it in maniac's official poll results thread, but that's cluttered enough as it is IMO.
Old August 26, 2002, 21:39   #81
Darkness' Edge
Civilization II Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCall to Power II Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova Traders
Prince

Local Time: 17:08
Quote:
Originally posted by TKG
an idea

perhaps put in the alpha talent's job description, that he is to make a thread (and make sure nobody replies to it) listing the cabinet for each term (and solver can top it for us ). we could put it in maniac's official poll results thread, but that's cluttered enough as it is IMO.
i already planned to do that
but i can't see why there needs to be a ban on replies to it
Old August 26, 2002, 22:19   #82
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

i thought it should be put in the job description. whether you plan to do it or not.

as for banning replies, it pollutes the thread. look at the current poll results thread. they are all posts asking to top the thread, or talking about changes in the format (except where mainbrain said ttt ). besides, what would you say?
Old August 27, 2002, 10:25   #83
DeathByTheSword
King

check the first page, 2rd post from top, for the constitution SO FAR any remarks or tips AND TYPOS, (english is not my native tongue) please tell me
Old August 27, 2002, 13:25   #84
- Groucho -
Diplomacy
Prince

Local Time: 01:08
I've added a suggestion regarding how to make up a court in this thread http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...78#post1245413

Hope it meets with the constitutional committee's approval.
Old August 27, 2002, 13:31   #85
Method
Emperor

DBTS, here it is run through a quick MS word spellcheck/grammercheck

Quote:
UN CONSTITUTION

This is the constitution that we, the people of the United Nations Peacekeepers, have decided upon. In it, we have declared that we shall form a government of the people, a Democracy, in which we shall choose who leads us. Our faction will be let by the people and for the people.

ARTICLE I: Commission Structure

Executive Branch

This is the administrative section of our faction. The Executive branch is made up of the Commissioner and the Alpha Talent. These two are required to abide by the suggestions of the directors, who represent the will of the people.

Commissioner:
Has the right of:
*Playing the game for the citizens
*Acting as he deems fit if there is an emergency
*Advising any other part of the government

Has the duties of:
*Following directors orders on there field of expertise
*Posting SAV`s and turnlogs on the forum
*Overall keeping the citizens aware of there situation.
*Holding turnchat/threads ones every X times
*Posting polls on how our bases should be named
*Serving his faction the best he can

The Commissioner shall physically play the game.

Alpha-Talent:
Has the right of:
*Acting as he deems fit if there is an emergency
*Taking over the Commissioners seat with its right and duties if the current Commissioner is somehow not available.
*Starting elections

Has the duties of:
*Posting polls he hear the peoples voice
*Posting elections polls

The alpha talent is the second of the commissioner and is responsible for elections, finding out what the people want and helping the commissioner as best as his abilities let him.

Director Branch

Directors make up the directorate. Directors are elected in the area they oversee, and they have the task of informing and advising the people on our situation. They are required to conduct polls in order to interpret the people’s will. They are then to carry out that will, by giving their orders to the Commissioner.

All Directors are allowed to advise and consult with each other. They are also granted the right to petition for changes or actions from other Directors that may be critical to the their department. Ultimately, however, it is the Director in charge of his/her section that has the final say in how things are handled.

Director of Science:
Has the right of:
*Starting polls to ask the people what there wishes are in his area
*Ordering the Commissioner what the next researched advancement is
*Requesting buildings with the Director of buildings productions

Has the duties of:
*Listing to the will of the people in his area
*Giving his opinion to the director of foreign affairs about any talks, which effect his area, with other factions

The director of Science shall choose the advancement to research.

Director of Peacekeeping Operations:
Has the right of:
*Ordering the commissioner to move military units
*Ordering the commissioner to design military new units, disband old military units and upgrade current military units.
*Requesting buildings and military units with the Director of buildings productions.

Has the duties of:
*Giving his opinion to the director of foreign affairs about any talks, which effect his area, with other factions
*Designating a portion of his units as exploration units

May NOT:
Start wars if there hasn’t been official poll that says it is ok

The Director op Peacekeeping Operations has the control of all military units

Director of Foreign Affairs:
Has the right of:
*Ordering the commissioner on talks with foreign factions

Has the duties of:
*Maintaining good foreign connections
*Giving his opinion to the director of Exploration and Intelligence on covert ops actions
*Consulting for advice any other director if his area is being discussed with foreign factions

May not:
Declare blood truce, peace, pacts if there hasn’t been a poll saying it is ok.

The Director of Foreign Affairs will do all foreign negotiations

Director of Energy and Industry:
Has the right of:
*Ordering the commissioner to rushbuild, use money in trades, change worker placements, and move crawlers
*Requesting crawlers and buildings with the Director of buildings productions.

Has the duties of:

This Director is responsible of the treasury expenditures, worker placements, and crawlers.

Director of Terraforming and Colonisation:
Has the right of:
*Ordering the commissioner to move terraformers and colony pods
*Ordering the commissioner to design new TC units, disband old TC units and upgrade current TC units
*Requesting terraformers colony pods, and buildings with the Director of buildings productions.

Has the duties of:

Director of Expansion and Terraforming commands all colony pods and terraformers

Director of Social Engineering:
Has the right of:
*Ordering the commissioner to change the social engineering’s page

Has the duties of:
*Consulting for advice directors which are effected by changes made in the social engineering’s page

May NOT:
Change the social engineering settings if there hasn’t been a poll saying it is ok.

The Director of Social Engineering is responsible for the social engineering’s page

Director of Exploration and Intelligence:
Has the right of:
*Ordering the commissioner to move any exploration units and covert ops units
*Asking the director of Peacekeeping Operations for exploration units

Has the duties of:
*Consulting the director of Foreign Affairs during covert ops actions
*Giving back control of exploration units to the director of Peacekeeping Operations when the situation asks for it

The Director Exploration and Intelligence is command of exploration units and covert ops units.

Director of Base production:
Has the right of:
*Ordering the commissioner to build buildings and units
*Starting polls about Special Projects

Has the duties of:
*Choosing between various requests made by the directors
*Starting polls about Special Projects
*Listing to the will of the people about the Special Projects

ARTICLE II: Government policy

Amendments:
Amendments to the Constitution can be submitted by any member of our faction. First in a form of a thread where exact lines can be discussed and after that in a poll. An amendment is passed and made official by a 2/3 or greater vote on the amendment's inclusion.

Office Terms:
All office terms shall last one month. A member can run for a different office at the end of his term, but he cannot change offices during it. If a member is elected three times into any government office, that member mat not run for any government office the fourth consecutive term. After the fourth term he may run for any government office that is available. If this rule let not have a fully seated government, the rule will be deemed invalid for that term.

Impeachment and Resignations:
Every ‘group of X’ members of our faction are recognised the right to bring foreword the issue of impeachment of any government official at any time.
The rules for the poll:
*There has to be started a one-choice-poll with the options: YEA, NEA and ABSTAIN
*5 days open
* 2/3 YEA vote to pass the proposal or under 1/3 NEA vote to pass the proposal

the rules for the first post:
*The unbiased reason why the person in question could be impeached
*The job of the person in question
*The time when the poll ends

If impeachment happens the alpha talent takes his place until a new election has been held.

Every government official may resign from office the alpha talent will do the same as with impeachment. If the alpha talent has to take over 2 or more government places we will freeze the game until new election are held

Playing ahead:
No person is allowed to play ahead to:
*Gain information about foreign factions

Base Names:

The alpha talent or the commissioner will pick 5 names from the name thread and will put them in a poll where a name for a new city can be chosen. This poll has to be open for at least 2 days. The name with the most votes will be chosen for the base and will be scraped from the list. The same counts for landmarks. If someone wants to name a place without a landmark a poll has started about giving it a name or not. This poll will also have minimum of 2 days.

Article III: Polls

There will be 3 types of polls:
*Elections
*Official
*Unofficial

Elections:

May only be started by the alpha talent. Must have election
in the subject line. They are purely decision-making polls.

Poll:
*Office in question
*ONLY names candidates
*Abstain option (will Refrain from banana)
*Write-in-option
*3 days open

First post:
*ONLY names candidates
*Link to discussion thread
*Expire date

Official:

May only be started by a government official. Must have official in the subjectline, and must be used as information gathering or decision making

Poll:
*Abstain (will Refrain from banana)
*Write-in-option
*Minimum of 3 days
*Maximum of 7 days
*Clear and not biased question and answers

First post:
*Further explanation of the questions and answers
*Link to discussion thread (if any)
*Expire date
*Stated: information gathering or decision making

Unofficial:

May be started by all members of the faction. They are purely information gathering polls

Poll:
*Minimum of 3 days

First Post:
*Expire date (if any)
*Link to discussion thread (if any)

Last edited by Method; August 27, 2002 at 16:30.
Old August 27, 2002, 15:21   #86
DeathByTheSword
King

were there many typos and did you changes any words?

EDIT: tanx ofcourse
Old August 27, 2002, 16:02   #87
Method
Emperor

didn't change any words. it was mostly just adding capital letters and fixing spelling errors.

EDIT: I added some HTML and VB Code formatting too.

Last edited by Method; August 27, 2002 at 16:35.
Old August 27, 2002, 16:38   #88
Method
Emperor

*see the 3rd post on the 1st page: this message has been erradicated*

Last edited by Method; August 27, 2002 at 17:49.
Old August 27, 2002, 17:21   #89
DeathByTheSword
King

great tanx

EDIT:

check first page 3rd post for TKG`s tweaked/cleaned constitution this is still the constitution you all know and i hope kinda love it just fixed typos and made a cute layout
Old August 27, 2002, 17:47   #90
Method
Emperor

other jobs for the alpha talent...

-he is to post a thread with the cabinet for his term to be "topped"
-he is to post the nomination threads aswell as the elections (so we have someone to blame if it's not up on time).

sound good?