Old August 16, 2002, 01:29   #1
GoodFella
Warlord

Local Time: 06:11
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Machiavelli Institute: Post War Geopolitics of Abananaba Minor
First off, if you haven't already, check out GePap's latest detailed civ analysis.

Now, soon our war with France will give us access to the subcontinent past the Great Rift; Abananaba Minor.

This thread is for debate over what diplomatic actions we may wish to take.

So far the political make-up of Abananaba Minor is like this:

Iriquois are in the Northwest. They are very weak, but will soon have access to horses and their UU, the Mounted Brave. This may too late for them to accomplish anything though.

Our immediate neighbor will be Russia. They have decent territor but pour infrastructure.

Just south of Russia is Babylonia, a small civ that has very strong culture.

Finally Rome dominates the southern and central Abananaba Minor. They are one of the strongest civs on Abananaba and easily the strongest on its subcontinent.
Old August 16, 2002, 01:31   #2
GoodFella
Warlord

As of now, I suggest we cultivate a strong alliance with Babylonia and keep on good relations with Rome.

Russia would make a good future target.

Iriquois is too far away and weak for of any importance at the moment, unless we pump them up signifigantly, turning them into our pet ally civ (I'm personally against this as it doesn't seem neccessary).
Old August 16, 2002, 15:57   #3
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 01:11
Any thoughts as to the feasability of allying with Babylon and Russia against Rome? If we could get all three to be fighting each other, we could cripple their expansion for the time being...

I'll have to open up the Foreign advisor and see what it'd cost.

-- adaMada
Old August 16, 2002, 17:46   #4
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 03:11
I know this is "slightly" off topic, but is someone thinking about a Geographic department or something like that? With all kind of maps and screenshots referring to population, production, etc, in one place.
This could be very useful to all governmental and non-governmental entities
Old August 16, 2002, 18:49   #5
Vlad Antlerkov
Civilization III Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 00:11
For now, concentrate on eventual war with Greece, what's left of America, and Germany. In the meantime, do something to mix it up in Abananaba Minor-- get them to fight each other, then once they deplete themselves, go in and take what's left. If one of them becomes too dominant, intervene, either against it, or on its side (to get what's left of Russia or the Iroquois).
Old August 17, 2002, 00:55   #6
GoodFella
Warlord

Why an eventual war with Greece? Persia, Germany, or Russia would be better targets IMO.
Old August 17, 2002, 01:01   #7
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Personally, I think we'll have to go at Greece sooner or later -- they're number one on the charts, and we'll need to take some of the space they occupy before too long . They'll also probably be good targets for military alliences, since I think they'd crumble under a multi-front war.

It's wayyy too late here, so I'm too tired for any real thoughts, but that's what crosses my mind now...

-- adaMada
Old August 17, 2002, 09:06   #8
Kuciwalker
Deity

Local Time: 02:11
If we pit the Aztecs or (better, as they won't take all of the land) the Germans against the Greeks, we should be able to grab a sizable piece of their territory. However, this will leave a slice of France just sitting inside of us, which is REALLY BAD if you want a defensible border. If we hit Greece we should take the rest of France as well.
Old August 17, 2002, 10:34   #9
adaMada
King

Greece first, France later maybe?

It would put us in a nasty bit for a little while, but if we're that powerful, France wouldn't want to attack us unless provoked, so we'd make sure that we started the war when it started, and then we could mop up France.

If nothing else, it'd make us a real power when it comes to land area, and we might even move up to Number 1 (or at least we might wind up being number one) since we'd have dethroned Greece and taken a good portion of the continent for ourselves.
Old August 17, 2002, 12:48   #10
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 18:11
We need to think long term as well as the medium here (not to mention short term). Fact: we must establish ASAP a region of cities around which to relocate our Palace/build the FP. The better the land surrounding this place the better our chances. It has been discussed relocating one of these centres to Del Monte (old Washington). This is fine, but a very large amount of the land around this city is jungle - good, but only if cleared. Furthermore, if we relocated today, we have a problem in that most of the closest lands to the city are not ours - either Greek, American or German. America shouldn't be too much of a problem - we have crippled them. Greece is a potential target for the near future, and Germany has been mentioned also.

What I would like to see is some response on having one of our two Capitol centres located in Del Monte, and the probable effects of the (current) jungles near here on the long term of the game.

And how much longer do you all think we can go through this little cycle of war/rebuild/war? We have only so long before Gunpowder and Musketeers or whatever are discovered.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old August 17, 2002, 14:28   #11
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 08:11
I think the only needed war, after the mopup of America, ill be to take out Germany entirely : it's a very threatening Civ, because of its behaviour and its industrial potential. Also, we must take action before they have Panzers (i.e attack with cavalry).

After we get Eastern France, whole America and whole Germany, we'll have a large enough territory, a great agricultural / commercial potential (cleared jungles rock), and a strong industrial potential in conquered Germany.

Enough to churn up / rush build units in case of a war. Enough to get much culture (although it couldn't lead us to cultural victory). Enough to build a spaceship.