View Poll Results: which are you
Dominant 15 30.61%
Submissive 11 22.45%
a little of both 23 46.94%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 16, 2002, 23:07   #31
Apocalypse
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMMacInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 01:11
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Fez
Speer nobody listens to you anymore.
There are a number of people who still listen to him, including me. I may not agree with everything he says, but I have more respect for him than I have for most people here.

On topic, I'm really neither. I just do whatever is required to get the job done.
"In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd
Old August 16, 2002, 23:14   #32
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

I listen to a lot of people. I just dont care about what they say sometimes
Old August 16, 2002, 23:15   #33
KrazyHorse
Deity

Local Time: 02:11
Quote:
I have more respect for him than I have for most people here
Get Rich or Die Tryin'
Old August 16, 2002, 23:46   #34
Giancarlo
King

Local Time: 03:11
Quote:
Originally posted by FlameFlash
Hurling insults? Who called who's interests dumb?
I first off, will not argue any more about who is right or who is wrong.

Quote:
Brick wall = ethical egoist if I have to remind you again...
You.

Quote:
Try to take things a little lighter, stick around... I mean, this is a gaming site for pete's sake, and gaming forums... just try not to take stuff so seriously.
This isn't a gaming forum. This is a off-topic forum. Look I might just call it quits right here, right now.
Lets face it. We flamiing queers have more appeal then Pat Robertson and other religious wackos. We have shows that are really growing in popularity. We have more channels (Q TV, Logo Channel). And we help people in their style issues (Queer Eye for the Straight Guy). The last thing I saw a religious preacher did was ask for $5 in a "generous pledge" to help his bank account in Zurich, erhm, some starving kids in Zimbabwe.
Old August 17, 2002, 01:33   #35
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Don't let the front door hit you on your backside on the way out.
Old August 18, 2002, 23:06   #36
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

Local Time: 00:11
*sighs*

Fez, look at the top of this page... what do you see?

"Apolyton Civilization Site"

That means this is a gaming forum, just because they allow for an off-topic area doesn't change the fact that this site is a gaming site and therefore the original purpose and bringing of people to these forums was the love of a game. That means that you should still try to take everything a lot less seriously.

In fact, I'll just plain ol' ignore everything else you said to me/about me, and let bygones be bygones... (and therefore take my own advice) but just stop trying to pick fights... if you find yourself at the butt of a joke, roll with it. Don't take it so seriously.

loinburger... always been an interesting saying, but unfortunately when somebody is constantly threatening to leave like that, your response really is appropriate, no matter how much I hate that saying. *sighs*

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old August 18, 2002, 23:08   #37
Giancarlo
King

Quote:
Originally posted by FlameFlash
That means this is a gaming forum
The Off Topic forum is not a gaming forum.

Quote:
, just because they allow for an off-topic area doesn't change the fact that this site is a gaming site and therefore the original purpose and bringing of people to these forums was the love of a game. That means that you should still try to take everything a lot less seriously.
And did I argue against the intentions of this site? No I did not.

Quote:
In fact, I'll just plain ol' ignore everything else you said to me/about me, and let bygones be bygones... (and therefore take my own advice) but just stop trying to pick fights... if you find yourself at the butt of a joke, roll with it. Don't take it so seriously.
You are the one picking fights.
Lets face it. We flamiing queers have more appeal then Pat Robertson and other religious wackos. We have shows that are really growing in popularity. We have more channels (Q TV, Logo Channel). And we help people in their style issues (Queer Eye for the Straight Guy). The last thing I saw a religious preacher did was ask for $5 in a "generous pledge" to help his bank account in Zurich, erhm, some starving kids in Zimbabwe.
Old August 18, 2002, 23:12   #38
DaShi
Emperor

Local Time: 06:11
Speer is funny. Leave him alone, or I'll pound ya.
Old August 18, 2002, 23:21   #39
Q Classic
Emperor

bah, it's fex again.

Quote:
Speer nobody listens to you anymore.
is: "Speer, nobody listens to you anymore."
which is also patently false, because i've found that he does occasionally have good points without having to resort to ad hominem attacks, curses, and insults without any basis, and he does often make a token attempt at proving his points with facts.

Quote:
FF, you just agreed with a nazi. what else is new... you agree with everybody that furthers your own dumb interests.
Nazi. it's capitalized. and you were speaking to me of a broken capslock?
now, what just makes FF's interests "dumb"? i'm curious. and from what i've read of speer, he's not so much a Nazi.

Quote:
Speer doesn't have a point... infact his nazism is apparent in every thread. Should I show you some of his comments on gays?

Asher is gone... I don't know what happened. I am thinking of pulling the same act.

And stop hurling insults... it is getting tiring very fast.
two errors. and actually, in this thread, fex, you were the first to hurl insults at FF. Asher was banned for a different thread. and you know, if you disappeared, to quote Monty Python: "and there was much rejoicing."
your style of arguing, that is to say, mudslinging and blanket statements with zero proof, is getting tiring very fast.

Quote:
This isn't a gaming forum. This is a off-topic forum. Look I might just call it quits right here, right now.
"This is an off-topic forum."
"Look, I might just call it quits right here, right now."
like loinburger said...
Quote:
Don't let the front door hit you on your backside on the way out.

Quote:
The Off Topic forum is not a gaming forum.
acutally, it's Off-Topic.

Quote:
You are the one picking fights.
wait a minute, here... post number twenty-four, in response to number twenty-two:
(24) Fex: "Speer nobody listens to you anymore."
(25) FF: "And speer should rest his case. It completly depends upon the situation and the people involved."
(26) Fex: "FF, you just agreed with a nazi. what else is new... you agree with everybody that furthers your own dumb interests."

well, see, it looks like you were picking a fight here, fex... speer might have started it, but it wasn't FF, as you claim.
Old August 18, 2002, 23:23   #40
Giancarlo
King

Quote:
This person is on your Ignore List. To view this post click [here]

I have you on my ignore list bud, and am not clicking the "here" link.

All I know is I make mistakes sometimes... but you make mistakes all of the time.
Old August 18, 2002, 23:25   #41
Q Classic
Emperor

hm... fex might have ignored me, i think. so if someone could quote that, i'd be quite grateful...

anyway, back to the meat of the question, whether i'm dominant or submissive. well, it depends on the situation. most of the time, i give the appearance of being submissive, but that's pretty much so i can do whatever the hell i want on my own: the classic "right, boss, whatever you say... what did he say?"
when pushed, i drop that and get pretty dominant and stubborn.
so: easygoing/submissive until pushed, and then hardheaded and dominant.
Old August 18, 2002, 23:25   #42
DaShi
Emperor

Oooh! How you gonna respond to that Q?
Old August 18, 2002, 23:28   #43
Q Classic
Emperor

Quote:
I have you on my ignore list bud, and am not clicking the "here" link.

All I know is I make mistakes sometimes... but you make mistakes all of the time.
well, good for you. don't you feel superior.
at least i've decided that your posts, however offensive, deserve to be read. i dunno why, since you thus far in this thread have contributed absolutely nothing after your first post...

and all i know is that while i make mistakes some of the time... at least i can argue without insults, and i can write American English quite well.

besides, how would you know it was a response to you and not to the thread's topic? mm?
Old August 18, 2002, 23:31   #44
DaShi
Emperor

Q's layin' down the law. Will Fez stand up to the challenge?
Old August 18, 2002, 23:31   #45
Giancarlo
King

Okay now I did click that stupid link...

Quote:
i dunno why, since you thus far in this thread have contributed absolutely nothing after your first post...
Oh really, Mr I cannot make a capital letter?

Quote:
at least i can argue without insults, and i can write American English quite well.
Apparently you insulted me. I can also write American English quite well too... so get that straight.
Old August 18, 2002, 23:32   #46
Giancarlo
King

Quote:
Originally posted by DaShi
Q's layin' down the law. Will Fez stand up to the challenge?
Q is laying down horse crap for all I care. I will throw his challange into the wall.
Old August 18, 2002, 23:33   #47
DaShi
Emperor

Go Fez! Lay that smack down!
Old August 18, 2002, 23:35   #48
Giancarlo
King

DaShi: One of those people who runs around two kids in a school parking lot pushing a fight.

Sorry, I am not going to reply anymore... don't want to get busted.
Old August 18, 2002, 23:36   #49
DaShi
Emperor

Fez is gettin' peeved. Watch out Q, he's lookin' your way!
Old August 18, 2002, 23:37   #50
LaurenX2C
Settler

depends
Old August 18, 2002, 23:43   #51
Q Classic
Emperor

DaShi, man, you're quite funny. i'd tell you to make yourself some popcorn and watch, but see, i'm not in the mood for any tusslin' with some spaniard. so after this post, and this rebuttal, i doubt i'll respond for the rest of the night.

Quote:
Oh really, Mr I cannot make a capital letter?
Acutally, I can use capital letters whenever I want. The main reason I don't is because I personally feel that I type faster when I don't have to worry about pressing the Shift or the Caps Lock key. On another note, I also have a problem with capitalizing the letter I, because I feel that capitalizing it emphasizes the ego too much-- indeed, few other languages capitalize the first person pronoun.
So it's less of a "Mr I cannot make a capital letter" thing (actually, a more of a "Mr. I Cannot Make A Capital Letter") than a "I don't want to bother" thing.

Quote:
Apparently you insulted me. I can also write American English quite well too... so get that straight.
well, i never said that you couldn't write american english well. all i said was that your arguments that my grammar and spelling are worse than yours don't really hold any water. if that's insulted you, then i'm really quite sorry, although that means that everyone who's disagreed with you should then apologize. ah, well, such is life. we can't all argue on the same level as the one and only fez.

Quote:
Q is laying down horse crap for all I care. I will throw his challange into the wall.
well, at least now you're attacking my arguments. small improvement. but rather than a point-by-point, you seem to have chosen to blanket them with pretty much an empty statement.

anyway, go ahead and throw the challenge against the figurative wall.

you still had to pick it up.
Old August 18, 2002, 23:44   #52
Dr Strangelove
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

When I was younger I was virtually entirely submissive. I had to learn to be somewhat dominant inorder to do my job, so now I'd say that i"m in the balance "both".
Old August 18, 2002, 23:45   #53
DaShi
Emperor

Q, I try. Thanks.
Old August 18, 2002, 23:48   #54
Giancarlo
King

Q: Same old crap. You know I am getting tired and am still waiting a decent response... I waste my time... why bother?
Old August 18, 2002, 23:50   #55
Boris Godunov
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 23:11
Local Date: October 31, 2010
SHUT UP, ALL OF YOU, SHUT UP!!!

Sorry, just had to say that.
Old August 19, 2002, 00:01   #56
Q Classic
Emperor

Quote:
Q: Same old crap. You know I am getting tired and am still waiting a decent response... I waste my time... why bother?
old crap, but you gotta admit, it's still classic stuff. i'm having a blast.
besides, you still haven't given me anything decent to the original issue, not in those posts and not in the pms. on the other hand, there's a thread a few pages back in which i put the same sentence up as an issue, and a bunch of other 'toners were able to take it apart...

you do that in a satisfactory, non-inflammatory way, and i'll drop this matter entirely. i don't have a big quarrel with you, and i've gotten past the original irritation. it's just fun and games to me now.
Old August 19, 2002, 00:02   #57
Q Classic
Emperor

Quote:
SHUT UP, ALL OF YOU, SHUT UP!!!

Sorry, just had to say that.
ooh, is this the dominant side?
Old August 19, 2002, 00:02   #58
Giancarlo
King

Fine, Q, buzz off. I see no reason in responding to you anymore.
Old August 19, 2002, 05:22   #59
Solly
Emperor

Local Time: 07:11
I'm dominant, probably.
Old August 19, 2002, 10:15   #60
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

Local Time: 00:11
Heh... looks like Fez,
Q,
Boris Godunov,
and myself are all rather dominent when it comes to message boards

Also, Fez, I don't appreciate the fact that you mislead me... seems Asher has been banned for some reason, not that he just up and left if what Q said is true (and with his more reasonable statements vs. yours, I'd wager he's telling the truth.)

Fez, respond to his points, then I'm sure he'll happily respond to yours.

Q, it's nice to know I'm not the only one that has trouble with Fez... I take it quite a few do?

Quote:
And Fez says something obviously non-inflamatory here...
Fine, Q, buzz off. I see no reason in responding to you anymore.

So Q... where else are you this dominant? I find that when I'm "debating" is when I get the most like you did. Just glad somebody else was able to pick it up for once. (And therefore I don't always have to be dominant it looks like.)

So just from this thread helping me look into my ways, it would seem I'm dominant about my thoughts and beliefs unless there's somebody else around who beats me to the punch and says it better/as good as (Q, in this case, probably better) than I could have said it.

Fez, of course, is obivously dominant because he refuses to even listen to anybody else other than to tell them they're full of crap...

DaShi... would you say in this situation you're being submissive? Unfortunately there wasn't the option of "sometimes I just don't give a crap and like to just watch what turns up." Sometimes I like to do that too glad I chose the "a little of both"... I think... been too long since I voted now... *sighs*

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...