Old August 16, 2002, 22:10   #1
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Local Time: 01:14
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Help me remember please
hey, I'm leaving for college in a few days and I'm brining all my games but not my computer. One problem.

I can't find my Civ3 CD Case (I keep my CDs in a CD Book, and for some reason my Civ3 Case isn't in the "pile" of them).

I forget if I had to put in a CD Key to install it (it's been a while now), anyone care to refresh my memory?

I'm pretty much screwed if i need my CD key... i may check the registry (although it'll probably be encrypted).

And i'm getting a laptop with a DVD/CDR drive, so i'll be facing the infamous CD Problems... sigh...
Old August 16, 2002, 22:11   #2
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Local Time: 02:14
No CD key, don't worry.
Old August 16, 2002, 22:12   #3
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Local Time: 01:14
Quote:
Originally posted by Trip
No CD key, don't worry.
sweet. thanks
Old August 17, 2002, 01:46   #4
NeoStar
Warlord

Local Time: 16:14
Civ better not have a key. I installed it last year and have since lost the bloody case as well.
"Show me a man or a woman alone and I'll show you a saint. Give me two and they'll fall in love. Give me three and they'll invent the charming thing we call 'society'. Give me four and they'll build a pyramid. Give me five and they'll make one an outcast. Give me six and they'll reinvent prejudice. Give me seven and in seven years they'll reinvent warfare. Man may have been made in the image of God, but human society was made in the image of His opposite number, and is always trying to get back home." - Glen Bateman, The Stand (Stephen King)

Last edited by NeoStar; August 17, 2002 at 01:53.
Old August 17, 2002, 05:56   #5
DRoseDARs
lifer
Spore
Emperor

Local Time: 23:14
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Re: Help me remember please
Quote:
Originally posted by UberKruX
...but not my computer.
I was (was, past tense, is in "not anymore because I'm not going") preparing to transfer colleges this semester myself. But leaving WITHOUT YOUR COMPUTER?!?! Infidel.

As far as a CDKey, I don't believe the Civ3 install program asked me for one. I keep my CD's in a CD Book too and keep only the CD cases that have keys on them near my computer, and none of them is the Civ3 CD case.

If you're wondering way I'm not going, or rather, not transferring, it's because I was on Acedemic Hold until such time I could meet with their School of Architecture dean-director-whatever-his-title-person, nice guy though. Very helpful. I was admitted early-July, but couldn't make it to UNLV until early-August. Had I been allowed to register for classes WHEN I WAS ADMITTED, then I could have had the classes I needed. August 5th was too late for anything save one of the classes. So, I'm stuck in Reno for ANOTHER year until next fall. Sigh...God I hate this city...

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.
Old August 17, 2002, 05:58   #6
DRoseDARs
lifer
Spore
Emperor

Local Time: 23:14
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Re: Re: Help me remember please
Quote:
Originally posted by DRoseDARs

...not going") preparing...
Uh...that was supposed to be a face not a face.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.