Old August 17, 2002, 06:28   #1
Gen. Maximus
Chieftain

Local Time: 14:15
Local Date: November 1, 2010
The Ultimate ULTIMA Scenario (Medieval Era)
Hi all,

Present you all a medieval period scenario on the RPG Ultima series:

Excerpt from Intro in Great Library:

Play as Lord British with the help of the powerful Avatar unit to bring the entire Britannia back under his rule. Lord British had lost hold of his kingdom with the breakaway of the other seven city states. Each of these cities are now ruled by independent warlords, once companion of Avatar himself. Choose "Bards" for race class selection to play from the city of Britain, stronghold of the king...... So build up your armies and devise a strategy to reconquer the lands to unite Britannia.

SITUATION....
Lord British is still marshalling his subjects to raise an army to retake his kingdom. But renegade cities anticipating his counterattack since the arrival of the Avatar made an early strike! Mounted armoured knights from Trinsic posed a grave threat to town of Paws from the south. Forces backed by archers and catapults of Skara Brae and Yew are moving in fast from west and north threatening the outskirts of Britain itself. Forces of Minoc not to be left out are poised to strike from east, threatening the town of Cove and Shrine of Compassion, the virtue that Britain signifies! Pirates infest the water off Britannia Bay, ready to take advantage of the situation. The outer cities are lighly defended by the local militia conscripted from the peasants. If you can survive the initial onslaught, build your forces and plan your strategy to reverse your poor fortunes!

I have finish playing the scenario and won after about 200+turns on hardest level. Ran on v1.11, no modified MOD used. Thorough details on map and careful city placement reflecting the original Britannia. I hope you enjoy it as I do.

Regards,
General Maximus
Attached Files:
File Type: zip ultima.zip (424.5 KB, 44 views)
Old August 17, 2002, 10:10   #2
SMIFFGIG
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code Project
Prince

Local Time: 07:15
nice one rksl1 nice to see a new scenario once in a while

P.S will this scenario work with MM2 mod installed (i doubt it will )
Old August 17, 2002, 10:33   #3
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

If you have Modswapper, simply select "original game" and then play it.

Welcome, rksl1! There are too few scenarios for CtP2 (and too few people as well ). Its always nice to get more of both. You should probably submit it to the Apolyton directory.

I look forward to playing it
Old August 17, 2002, 10:48   #4
Pedrunn
Call to Power II Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 03:15
Cool!
-Jean Rostand
Old August 19, 2002, 07:22   #5
Gen. Maximus
Chieftain

Thanks for the support, guys.
I was creating a scenario on india-pakistan war when my 6 month old "new" HDD crashed and I lost the half-done scenario!! That really demoralise me, for sure I am not going to go through the pain of redrawing the map and city placement again! So I end up with Ultima!
Have been creating scenarios since Civ2.

IM, I did submit this to the scenario section almost 2 months back according to the procedure described but nothing was updated till today. Not surprised considering that the last scenario update in that page was eons old! It's probably a dead site. Btw, i didn't know that my user id gonna be used for the display name. Any idea how to change it?
Old August 19, 2002, 07:33   #6
Gen. Maximus
Chieftain

IM,

I checked the link u gave and it did have newer file updates. My comment was refering to
http://www.apolyton.net/ctp2/files/Scenarios/

Perhaps the directory admin should have remove these redundancies...
Anyway, you know how to submit? If didn't mention how to.

rgds,
General Maximus
Old August 19, 2002, 11:37   #7
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

Local Time: 08:15
Quote:
Original posted by rksl1
IM, I did submit this to the scenario section almost 2 months back according to the procedure described but nothing was updated till today.
Are you shure you submitted it with this old form, actual only my own version of this form worked. You should got an error message something like: Unknown Tag: Requirements or something like this.

To submit a scenario to the CTP2 scenario secton of the 'Poly Dir, go first to this section and click there on the Add Link link on the top. What you have do then should be found on the form. By the way you can fill it with an url of your file, so no need to send an email. Just use the url of the attachment here in the forum.

Quote:
Original posted by rksl1
Btw, i didn't know that my user id gonna be used for the display name. Any idea how to change it?
To change your user name just ask DanQ, MarkG or Ming about it, by E-mail or better Private Message. I think it will use name and first name of the entries in your profile but I am not shure about this.

-Martin
Old August 19, 2002, 13:06   #8
HuangShang
Call to Power II Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
King

Local Time: 23:15
Local Date: October 31, 2010
tight... thanx
Old August 23, 2002, 07:26   #9
Gen. Maximus
Chieftain

hi, I got the thumbnail of Britannia map for my ULtima scenario.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	ultima thumbnail.bmp
Views:	18
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	22812  
Old August 23, 2002, 09:21   #10
SMIFFGIG
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code Project
Prince

I have Win 2k and Modswapper dont work on that.
Its annoying cause i want the MM2 mod but also want to play scenarios.

Who originally made modswapper. Could they not make a new version to work with Win2k pleazeee

Cause it would also make additional mods easier to install (like Goodmod with MM2 on a win2k system) Im sure newbies wouldnt be able to do this

SMIFFGIG
Old August 23, 2002, 10:30   #11
Pedrunn
Call to Power II Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 03:15
I used to have win2k and modswapper worked on it.

But better to create a new version of the modswapper is you to get the old win98.

I already had windows 98, 2000 and xp. The 98 is what i curent use. And i do think it is the best of the three.
-Jean Rostand
Old August 23, 2002, 10:39   #12
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by SMIFFGIG's
I have Win 2k and Modswapper dont work on that.
Its annoying cause i want the MM2 mod but also want to play scenarios.

Who originally made modswapper. Could they not make a new version to work with Win2k pleazeee

Cause it would also make additional mods easier to install (like Goodmod with MM2 on a win2k system) Im sure newbies wouldnt be able to do this

SMIFFGIG
Did you try Azalae's sollution , SMIFFGIG's?

-Martin
Old August 23, 2002, 12:49   #13
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

SMIFFGIG, or you can find newsprite.txt, Great_Library.txt and gamefile.txt, rename them to have MM2_ prefixes and remove the prefixes from the orig_ versions of the above files.

That should run the original game. To go back to MedMod, do the process in reverse.
Old August 23, 2002, 20:51   #14
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Gen. Maximus,

Excellent scenario, I like it
I played it briefly and immediately ended up loosing all but one of my cities in the first 5 turns or so Partially because I made some silly mistakes but in the early going the AI is VERY agressive. Later on I seemed to get things under control but AI defense is also very good so this should provide people with an interesting challenge...

As Martin said, it would be great if you could add this file to the File Directory, so it is easily accessible for all, now and in the future. The way to do this is the following:

(1) Update your profile (normally this shouldn't be necessary for a newly registered member such as you but since your name was recently changed it's needed anyway). You can do this by clicking 'control panel' at the top of this screen, then clicking 'edit profile' and then hitting the 'submit modifications' button (even though you didn't make any changes).
(2) Then, go to this page to log in into the File Directory. Use the same username and password as on these forums (if that fails, try your old name - rksl1).
(3) Next, go to this page to submit a file to the scenario category. Fill in the name, description, file size (in kB), version number, etc (in this particular case you can leave URL, thumbnail and forum thread empty if you want, since I already know where to find them - if you want to submit more files in the future you *will* have to fill those in). After this, hit the 'add link' button.

If this fails, you can email me (at locutus@apolyton.net) the information that the submission form asks for and I'll add the file manually for you.
Old August 25, 2002, 11:53   #15
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Okay, I took the liberty of adding the file to the Directory myself. You can download it here. If this is not okay with you, Gen. Maximus, let me know and I'll change/remove it as you desire (it's added under your old username of rksl1, I can't update this to your new name until you update your profile, as I described above).
Old August 25, 2002, 13:20   #16
Martin Gühmann
staff
Super Moderator

So I think it is now time for some news items.

-Martin
Old August 25, 2002, 14:00   #17
Locutus
Deity

I'm working on it. I only have two hands...
Old August 26, 2002, 08:08   #18
Gen. Maximus
Chieftain

Locutus,

Thanks for adding it to the directory...... and the compliments

I hope that adding it to File Directory DO indeed help in making it easier to access because currently as I see it, it is a place where EVERYONE put EVERYTHING to it. It is not even within the ctp2 section but from the main Apolyton page - I had trouble finding the Dir before
Well, perhaps it is still better than listing in forum alone...

I love war strategy and I like it challenging. So against computer AI, need to give it all possible advantages to make up for it's lack of intelligence. For this scenario I have to give computer units future units so that their attacks pack more punch and abundance of attacking units. Did many trials in unit placing during scenario building to ensure they attack me.

If you noticed, the ctp2 thumbnail is from civ3 map editor because it easier to copy from there!

-Gen. Maximus
Old August 26, 2002, 10:46   #19
Locutus
Deity

The Directory is very new. It was almost impossible to find a few weeks ago, it should be fairly easy to find now (the Files links on the main CtP2 section now links to the Dir) and it will be pretty much unavoidable in a few weeks months. So both in contents and in accessibility, the Dir should get better with age

For possible future scenarios, maybe you should consider using the Apolyton Pack as basis? It's AI is much better than the AI of the default game.

Yeah, I noticed the Civ3 thumbnail. It looks a little odd but oh well