Old August 18, 2002, 18:28   #31
cracker
Warlord

Local Time: 23:15
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Teturkhan,

You have now elevated the ability to take things out of context to an all time high. You must be working overtime to forge this deep of a misunderstanding of the information.

You took the information where I asserted that most CIV3 games will not be played on Ginormous World Maps like you spent so much effort creating and extended that to imply facts that were not in evidence.

No one claimed to know what 99.9% of the people were thinking. You made that up and/or took it out of context (again, for the 45 time).

Even your own survey results confirmed the initial information that people will tend to play more maps that have randomized content instead of known feature maps. Even those people that play some known feature maps will tend to play a larger percentage of the game content on maps where the unknown factors and thrill of discovery are enhanced. You had to chearleader the poll and edit the poll information after the fact just to try and distort the results to the get a result that favored your perceptions in the 10 to 12% range.

The known feature maps embedded in scenarios for civ3 will present unique sets of challenges, but some of those challenges will be severely limited by the way the game engine works. A thinking reactive AI tends to steer the game in certain play directions that are designed into the game. These directions may have othing to do with how a historic sequence of events was actually played out in the past.

Please do not quote me out of context or use my information as a part of the excuse for your behavior.
Old August 18, 2002, 18:47   #32
teturkhan
Warlord

Local Time: 06:15
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Forum Fascist
Forum Fascist,

Don’t try to scare me with your Gestapo tactics – this is a free country! Notice that I did not quote you, I only provided the link so that anyone interested could read the ENTIRE thread and make up their own minds. I did not try to influence them, nor did I state my opinion, just the link that’s all. You are getting all bent out of shape cause I am exposing you for what you really are, a Forum Bully, plain and simple. I will tell you one last time, STOP being quick to judge, STOP discrediting peoples work, STOP discouraging people from putting forth their ideas, maps or mods… IF you have some concerns why not trying nice about it, state it in a way where you are not talking down to the person… you will find people more receptive to that then your current approach...

Anyhow,
I doubt you will change so lets not waste each others and everyone elses time – I don’t comment on your posts, and you stay clear of mine. End of debate – End of discussion.

Last edited by teturkhan; August 18, 2002 at 18:54.
Old August 18, 2002, 18:48   #33
vondrack
lifer
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMPtWDG Legoland
Emperor

Local Time: 07:15
Hm... to be honest, I have to admit cracker's last post seem justified to me.

Guys, you two obviously don't like each other very much, so what about taking it to Private Messages? I can't speak for 99.9% of anything but me, but unless somebody comes up with the exact formula for the Eye Candy population number (however unimportant that piece of information is), no more posts are necessary in this thread. Teturkhan got the info he had asked for and that's what matters.

I feel Mingapulco ticket free offerings may appear soon otherwise...
Old August 18, 2002, 22:42   #34
JohnM2433
Warlord

Local Time: 22:15
OK, so teturkhan recklessly exagerated; cracker did not say anything as strong as that. Kind of what I expected. However, cracker did say

"What most people want is more civs that play different even if they do not understand that."

Actually, many people seem to care a great deal about the "historical" aspects of the game. If you don't, that's fine, but don't project your own opinion on everyone else. Most people, I think, understand what they want (at least out of a Civ game). If you think they don't understand their own wants, it is probably you, I strongly suspect, who is wrong.

Sheesh.
Old August 19, 2002, 00:55   #35
teturkhan
Warlord

exagerated???
I just don't care for people pushing what they deem important on to you and dimissing your likes as misguided. Thats not right and I am 99.9% sure

My ongoing debate with Cracker has been in a few threads now... for the curious here is the link... I feel justified in how annoyed I am, I know I wasn't looking for it, I know I don't come to the forum to engage in such things, but sometimes its hard to stay quiet... read and you make your own conclusions.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showth...7&pagenumber=2
Old August 19, 2002, 16:52   #36
JohnM2433
Warlord

Re: RESPONSE TO CRACKER
I meant that you exagerated when you said

Quote:
Originally posted by teturkhan
You are the guy after all who claims to know what 99.9% of people want, think etc.
He only claimed to know what 99.9% of people will do in a specific instance. That's a very strong statement to make without checking any past statistics (and my gut tells me that he hasn't); nontheless, you gave a false impression of what he said, perhaps unintentionally. He did not claim to effectively be 99.9% telepathic.
Old August 19, 2002, 16:55   #37
teturkhan
Warlord

Exagerate???
who me???

ok ok maybe a little
LOL
Old August 19, 2002, 16:58   #38
JohnM2433
Warlord

I just clicked the link above. Since similar polls and records of Civ II MP games played would presumably show similar results, this indicates that my gut was correct, and cracker was not.

Thanks.