Local Time: 01:17
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Patrolman: "Sir, do you know why I stopped you?"

Ming: "No, but it better be good"

Patrolman: "You were doing 65 in a 55mph zone"

Ming: "You don't know who you are talking to"

Patrolman: "Yes, I do, it says right here on your license,
Mr. Ming, the Great and Terrible and express lane hall monitor"

Ming: "If you don't knock off the name calling your headed for a vacation buster"

Patrolman: "Perhaps you should step out of the car"

Ming produces his rod and whacks the officer across the nose. Officer pulls gun and trys to say something but no words come out of his mouth.

Ming drives off, looks at camera and winks. "Ignore list"
Chuckles.
Old August 19, 2002, 11:41   #62
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

JT...

Besides being spam, it's not even funny or original...

Old August 19, 2002, 12:28   #63
Flubber
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG PeaceAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 00:17
There's all kinds of rudeness out there and I'm with Ming ... its time that people stand up to the line-jumpers out there

My personal pet peeve involves driving and there is not much I can do. On the route home there is some construction that closed a lane. This is marked for miles and 99% of the drivers squeeze into the remaining lanes at the first signs and live with the slow down, waiting their turn . But there are these folks that whiz past all the waiting cars and then, at the bitter end, force their way into the line of cars.

My only solution for myself has been to put my vehicle inches off the bumper of the preceeding one ( in this scenario the waiting traffic is almost stopped) and ignore the looming intruder. I've gotten some stares and honks as I guess the intruder figures I am being rude in not letting him in.
Old August 19, 2002, 12:36   #64
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 02:17
Another solution to the merging problem is to take up both lanes. Sometimes a jerk will swerve around you on the shoulder, but not very often. (Fortunately, SUV's will rarely try to swerve around you, which effectively blocks all of the last-minute mergers behind them from trying the maneuver.)
Old August 19, 2002, 12:43   #65
Shi Huangdi
Emperor

I am in full agreement with Ming on this one. These people who rudely hold up the line are jerks and the way to stop this type of behavior is to give them consequences for their action. Maybe she was upset at the time over something like her husband having an affair, but just because you are upset doesn't mean you now have a license to selfishly disregard other people's time like that. And as for the BS about her not deserving that humiliation because she is a woman- Having a vagina does not entitle you to act like an *******. If you want to be treated with courtesy and respect, then you should treat others with courtesy and respect.

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand
Old August 19, 2002, 12:50   #66
SuperSneak
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 22:17
Local Date: October 31, 2010
That merging issue is the one that sends me over the edge.
never neglectful, never indulgent.
Old August 19, 2002, 14:08   #67
drake
King

The lane that those jerks speed around everyone else in, are what I refer to as the "special persons" lanes. Obviously these people feel they are more important than everyone else so only they get to use it.

There is also an un-written "cell phone right of way" rule*, that states, that a person while on the phone, has the right of way and EVERYONE must yield for them! Because anyone who drives while on their cell phone is automatically more important than non-phone drivers. Please keep this consideration in mind, because these people will pull out in front of you at every chance and it is your fault if a collision occurs. It is also mandatory for you to stay calm if the person on the phone waves! This is very important! Even after these special drivers have almost killed you and your family and everyone behind you, it is ok as long as they wave and say "thank you for letting me cut you off and almost kill you, *teehee* "....

*This special rule is written particularly for soccer moms in suvs and minivans, yuppies in bwms, audis, saabs and mercedes and teenagers driving their daddys car.
Old August 19, 2002, 18:14   #68
Shi Huangdi
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by drake
The lane that those jerks speed around everyone else in, are what I refer to as the "special persons" lanes. Obviously these people feel they are more important than everyone else so only they get to use it.

There is also an un-written "cell phone right of way" rule*, that states, that a person while on the phone, has the right of way and EVERYONE must yield for them! Because anyone who drives while on their cell phone is automatically more important than non-phone drivers. Please keep this consideration in mind, because these people will pull out in front of you at every chance and it is your fault if a collision occurs. It is also mandatory for you to stay calm if the person on the phone waves! This is very important! Even after these special drivers have almost killed you and your family and everyone behind you, it is ok as long as they wave and say "thank you for letting me cut you off and almost kill you, *teehee* "....

*This special rule is written particularly for soccer moms in suvs and minivans, yuppies in bwms, audis, saabs and mercedes and teenagers driving their daddys car.
Ya lots of people become *******s when they drive....

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand
Old August 19, 2002, 23:05   #69
Tiamat
Apolyton Legend

Local Time: 06:17
Don't even get me started on drivers! You know I could make the same point that jimmy made about having things on their mind.

I happen to have alot of shite going on in my life right now but that still doesn't give me the right to not pay attention to things just becuse my mind is elsewhere. If you want to take that line then the whole line should have given way to me since I had problems on that day.
You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran
Old August 19, 2002, 23:34   #70
LaurenX2C
Settler

funny you should say that! I used to work at Target. I hated people who brought 90 dollars worth of things. Its really annoying. Usually its the older people and I didnt have the heart to tell them this lane is for purchases under 25 bucks and cash only.

What I really hated was the person who comes through sick. And pulls out a wad of money and coughs on it. And hands it to you. I HATE IT. Where is these peoples respect or common sense? I dont want to get SICK! I dont want Snotty or wet cash. sheesh.

Asking the clerk for her phone number is also a big no-no. Ive had that happen once and all I could do was hold my fake smile up and keep scanning the items as fast as I could to get the guy out of there.
Old August 19, 2002, 23:41   #71
Lefty Scaevola
lifer
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by LaurenX2C
. And pulls out a wad of money and coughs on it. And hands it to you. I HATE IT. Where is these peoples respect or common sense? I dont want to get SICK! I dont want Snotty or wet cash. sheesh.
The straight line you have handed me is ...almost...irresistable. I must be strong! Imust not fall to.....temptation.
From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"
Old August 20, 2002, 00:12   #72
LaurenX2C
Settler

?
Old August 20, 2002, 04:02   #73
Imran Siddiqui
staff
Apolytoners Hall of FameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team

Quote:
Cheques need not take any longer than cash. Write a few things, compared to fiddling in purses & pockets for change ? With most of the folk in front of me who never seem to have their money ready anyway, it's a close run thing.
Working at CVS the last 4 summers, I can tell you that it undoubtably does. It takes probably twice as long for someone to write a check than to give their money.

And God are people rude. Customer is always right? Yeah, in your ****ing dreams! One thing I always hated is when I got called up to the front to open up because the cashier that was up front had a long line. I'd open up my register, and some idiot invariably would jump to the front of my register, not realizing the huge line snaking to the back of the store (yeah right he didn't see that). I loved telling them, "Sir, we have one line".
“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
- John 13:34-35 (NRSV)
Old August 20, 2002, 23:03   #74
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

Local Time: 23:17
Thanks Tiamat. This gave me a chuckle. Sorry. It's always funny to see other people agitated. I'm sorry, I'm evil.
Old August 20, 2002, 23:14   #75
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

Local Time: 23:17
It's possible that 10 items or less lanes are discriminatory. . Why should people with not much money or not much to buy have special advanatages? For that reason I don't get upset with people jumping in those 10 items or less lanes. If you want fast go to a convenience store . Although those can often take longer. Many people don't know how to operate gas pump terminal.