Old August 20, 2002, 17:09   #31
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 22:17
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Ralph has been discussing building Warchariots to be upgraded into Knights. They have the same stats as horsemen (except that annoying "wheeled" problem), and are 1/2 the price.

We need them eventually to get our GA.

If we get the chance, let's build a few.

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Old August 20, 2002, 17:16   #32
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 01:17
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I like chariots too, its just I don't want to trigger a golden age yet(wait till we have all the infrastructure for it). I say we build a few horseman for response now and a few chariots for GA later.
Aggie
Old August 20, 2002, 17:26   #33
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 02:17
Chariots will be virtually worthless soon. I am looking at building some for future upgrade (does anybody know for a fact if they do upgrade?) but I think we are planning on getting our golden age through construction of wonders. Soon we will have to decide as a golden age soon after the war with france would do wonders for catching up on our infrastructure and perhaps letting us build leo's place and michael's temple enhancement.....

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old August 20, 2002, 19:21   #34
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 08:17
Building a few war chariots will be useful : they could upgrade up to cavalry if we have the money (hence allowing us not to be completely unprepared, should war arise).
Plus, in case of war, they'll still dispatch enemy Longbowmen, and will be a viable way to trigger a golden age until late medieval. Having some in stock would be handy.
Old August 21, 2002, 04:52   #35
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Aggie
I like chariots too, its just I don't want to trigger a golden age yet(wait till we have all the infrastructure for it). I say we build a few horseman for response now and a few chariots for GA later.
Aggie
The idea is to keep a few WCs around and send them out with our next attackers stack. We'll let them fight an easy battle against a wounded unit or an archer or longbowman and get our GA.
At the moment it seems that the only way for our civilization to get a GA is through the use of a UU. We can't possibly compete with the AIs at wonder building considering the production bonuses that the AI gets.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old August 21, 2002, 07:16   #36
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

hi ,

we should start to build a large worker force , to clear the junlg , keep the bonus tile's , and replant the regular grassland with forest , ...

have a nice day
Old August 21, 2002, 08:09   #37
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Togas
Foreign Ministry Turnthread orders:

These orders are a result of Shiber's Map Trading plan.

(not quoting for the thread's sake)

--Togas
Just pointing out a few problems and suggestions:

1. Germany is willing to pay 6 gold for our WM, not 5, and I'm convinced they would have agreed to pay more if they had more money (alas, they only have 6 gold coins in their coffers).

2. We should buy Greece's WM before we trade with Germany. If we do they might be willing to throw in their WM as well in addition to the 6 gold.

3. When Unortho plays he should be very careful not to ask for less than what we could get for our WM. Instead of using the values you mentioned he should see if we can get more money for our WM. After all, once we get Babylon and Greece's WM our WM will be worth more to the AI civs. I estimate each civ will be willing to part with two to four additional gold coins for our WM once it's been expanded.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old August 21, 2002, 08:28   #38
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 00:17
Quote:
Originally posted by Shiber

Just pointing out a few problems and suggestions:

1. Germany is willing to pay 6 gold for our WM, not 5, and I'm convinced they would have agreed to pay more if they had more money (alas, they only have 6 gold coins in their coffers).

2. We should buy Greece's WM before we trade with Germany. If we do they might be willing to throw in their WM as well in addition to the 6 gold.

3. When Unortho plays he should be very careful not to ask for less than what we could get for our WM. Instead of using the values you mentioned he should see if we can get more money for our WM. After all, once we get Babylon and Greece's WM our WM will be worth more to the AI civs. I estimate each civ will be willing to part with two to four additional gold coins for our WM once it's been expanded.
Of course I will milk the AI for all it's worth I take that order to mean: 'Sell it to everyone for as much $ as we can squeeze from their slimy AI fingers.'

Anyway, why should we not sell the map to Germany first? Togas' plan above calls for selling to them AGAIN after we get Greece's map (if the $ is right)

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 21, 2002, 08:42   #39
Shiber
Emperor

Germany has 6 gold. According to the foreign advisor we can sell them our current map (before we buy Greece and Babylon's WM, that is) for 6 gold, which is all they got. The second time around they won't have any money left.
Or have I completely misunderstood you?

Btw sorry for pointing our obvious things in my previous post, but it's my plan and I want to see it carried out in the best possible way.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old August 21, 2002, 09:18   #40
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

I am just going by what Togas says. My question, then, is: Why give them a better map when they will already give us all their gold for a lesser map? Why wait till we buy Greece's? Keep them in the dark a bit. Or do you just want their TM updated?

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 21, 2002, 09:47   #41
Shiber
Emperor

You're absolutely right. I did not think of this.
Following the same logic, we should sell our WM to Germany before we trade WM for WM with Babylon.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old August 21, 2002, 13:17   #42
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

If my math is correct, these 5 turns will bring us right up to the point of declaring war, turn 11 on Uber's master plan. To those ministers in charge: Begin thinking on the building of the embassy, and how many turns we are willing to wait for the library to be built. There is a poll on that somewhere, I would have to go look it up. Those decisions will all need to be in the next set of orders, going up later today, to be carried out Sunday.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 22, 2002, 12:36   #43
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
I am just going by what Togas says. My question, then, is: Why give them a better map when they will already give us all their gold for a lesser map? Why wait till we buy Greece's? Keep them in the dark a bit. Or do you just want their TM updated?
hi ,

, indeed they dont need to get a better map , next thing they shall start to build next to us , ...

no we should wait , and they only have , pfffffffff , 6 banana , .....

have a nice day
Old August 22, 2002, 12:38   #44
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Panag, these turns are over and reported on. Please make suggestions in the new thread for 350 BC

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby