View Poll Results: Do we trade Currency to the Iroquois for 25 gold + their World Map?
Yes 27 79.41%
No 7 20.59%
Bananarama tape's are fun to listen to. (Abstain/Don't care) 0 0%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 18, 2002, 11:48   #1
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 18:18
Local Date: November 1, 2010
OFFICIAL: Trade Currency to Iroquois?
There has been discussion go on here about whether or not to sell Currency to the Iroquois for 25 gold + their world map. They are the only Civ we know of not to have this technology.

Poll open 3 days (the minimum as it is still not certain when exactly the next play will be).

Question: Should we trade Currency to the Iroquois for 25 gold and their World Map?

I hope this satisfies all requirements for an official poll.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old August 18, 2002, 12:04   #2
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 01:18
/me finally gets his poll .

Seriously, it's a good plan, and why not?

-- adaMada
Old August 18, 2002, 14:50   #3
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

My only concern is if we wanted we could sell our wm to irq for 11, so I don'y know if 25 +wmp is enough(I know they don't have more), how about we sell them the wm and make this transaction nexct time they get to 25 gold, or higher, does anyone know the lowest the comp will sell another ai currency, if so we can wait till right below that level. Still we could do this and when they get to 11 sell them our wm, so really no change either way except I would like to wait until we could get the best price so maybe wait until they get more money. But of course if we wait too long another ai will sell it to them so the question of "whats it worth to the AI now?" is important. Also by the way we can see our wm to several other nation( i forget the list) for 7-8 each. I think this applies to all except babylon(no money),greece, and maybe persia but i forget.
Aggie
Old August 18, 2002, 15:39   #4
Sheik
Civilization III Democracy Game
King

Aggie I agree with you.

Sell your photos
Old August 18, 2002, 17:13   #5
GePap
Emperor

Local Time: 00:18
The Irquois are unlikely to ver have much money, so I don't think we would ever get, lets say, even 60 gold for anything at the rate they are doing. I completly agree with the plan, as a way of making the Iriqouis stronger- so they put up more of a fight against their neighbors.
"Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw
Old August 18, 2002, 17:14   #6
Apocalypse
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMMacInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Sell them Currency. We are in desperate need of money and we might not get another chance.
"In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd
Old August 18, 2002, 22:28   #7
Trevman
Warlord

Local Time: 22:18
Local Date: October 31, 2010
A puny 25b??
How desperate are we really? Let's keep at least one AI in dark.
If you don't feel the slightist bit joyful seeing the Iraqis dancing in the street, then you are lost to the radical left. If you don't feel the slightest bit bad that we had to use force to do this, then you are lost to the radical right.
Old August 18, 2002, 22:32   #8
Apocalypse
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMMacInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Every cent counts. And it is also another civ would get that 25, so we are prevented another civ from being more powerful.
"In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd
Old August 21, 2002, 13:43   #9
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 00:18
Official results are in, then.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby