Old August 19, 2002, 08:29   #1
SMIFFGIG
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code Project
Prince

Local Time: 07:21
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Why isnt this site updated
Why isnt this site updated, there are new things happening in the CtP2 community all the time and new things up and comming, in my opinion this game is still very much alive. But i have alook on the main CtP2 apolyton site and it hasnt been updated since the 31st of July. Ok well thats fair enough would be nice if we could have some news on the up and comming things like City Expansion mod, Visible wonders whatever.

More annoyingly all other parts of the site are not updated at al, for example there have been no files added to the main site since September 2001. As i had a look on newest files.

I know i can get the newest files from the forum. But i think http://apolyton.net/ctp2/ should be updated more regularly. The files section anyway

It just makes me annoyed that so many ppl are working together to bring fantastic mods and scenarios. And to anyone visiting the main site for the first time or in ages could almost think the game is dead or dieing...... Im sure alot of old and new players could be attracted back to this game if the main site was updated and had more news updates.

SMIFFGIG
Old August 19, 2002, 08:36   #2
Maquiladora
Call to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power PBEMCall to Power Multiplayer
Emperor

The newer files are being updated in the new Apolyton Directory now, asi understand it.
Old August 19, 2002, 08:41   #3
Pedrunn
Call to Power II Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 03:21
And the updating has stopped because Locutus (our administrator) is have internet access problems.
-Jean Rostand
Old August 19, 2002, 08:45   #4
SMIFFGIG
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code Project
Prince

Oh right cool, thanx for the replies, so the site will be continued updating when Locutus can access it properly again??

And will the main sites File page like to the new more updated one soon?
Old August 19, 2002, 08:52   #5
Pedrunn
Call to Power II Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 03:21
I really hope so since newbies can have problems finding it.
-Jean Rostand
Old August 19, 2002, 08:58   #6
MarkG
Apolytoners Hall of FameApolyCon 06 Participants
Apolyton CS Co-Founder

Local Time: 08:21
there are some errors in the import of the ctp2 files to the Directory, that's why it hasnt been announced officially and why the menu doesnt point to it. this should be finished in the next few days

as for news updates, you are free to mail me or dan for anything you may have at civilization@apolyton.net
we cant cover or do everything you know
Old August 19, 2002, 17:42   #7
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

Yeah this page needs definitely an update, so will Locutus be able to update this page in the future, this would some things accelerate.

-Martin
Old August 21, 2002, 09:34   #8
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by SMIFFGIG's
Oh right cool, thanx for the replies, so the site will be continued updating when Locutus can access it properly again??
Well, my exams were a bigger problem than my Internet access, but both have been resolved now (although I lost Internet again last night but fortunately only for 16 hours or so ), so news updates should follow soon.

Database updates can only take place when people actually submit files to me, so my control over that is limited (but now the Directory is fully operational I do plan on persuing files more actively). The Tournament section is updated monthly and the rest of the site has pretty static content, there isn't much to update there really. With the owners' permission I plan on adding a page for the MP tournament once I can get that going, but I'm not sure what else to add/update. Maybe an overview of how to mod and where to find modding resources, but that takes a lot of time to make, time which at present I don't have. If someone can compile a decent amount of strategy information, it *might* be possible to add a strategy section as well, but I for one don't have time to do that anytime soon (and frankly, it doesn't have my highest priority either)...

Last edited by Locutus; August 21, 2002 at 09:41.