Old October 29, 2001, 18:15   #1
Case
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Local Time: 16:22
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Raging Dragon PBEM
The order of play is:

China
APEC
India
Russia
Pakistan
NATO
Arab League

I've made major changes to the scenario so that it's suitable for multiplayer play.

All the game files are now available at: http://apolyton.net/upload/files/Case/Dragon.zip

Ignore the files posted below.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip dragon1.zip (121.7 KB, 49 views)
'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Last edited by Case; October 5, 2003 at 07:31.
Old October 29, 2001, 18:18   #2
Case
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Part two: (77 Kb)
Attached Files:
File Type: zip dragon2.zip (77.1 KB, 35 views)
'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
Old October 29, 2001, 18:19   #3
Case
Emperor

And part three (139 Kb)
Attached Files:
File Type: zip dragon3.zip (139.1 KB, 36 views)
Old October 29, 2001, 18:22   #4
Case
Emperor

And last (but definetly not least) the map, as prepared by Gorthgar
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	raging dragon.gif
Views:	484
Size:	11.3 KB
ID:	4943  
Old October 29, 2001, 18:32   #5
Grothgar
Prince

Local Time: 06:22
ill update the map when needed ok guys because it is my map after all. and case you better find out the move order and put the civs in that order. makes it a lot easier

"You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs but it's amazing how many eggs you can break without making a decent omelette"
Old October 29, 2001, 18:36   #6
Case
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Grothgar
Case you better find out the move order and put the civs in that order. makes it a lot easier
er, yeah good point I'll change that and add email adresses once there's seven players
Old October 29, 2001, 19:22   #7
Cal
Prince

Oh, wow...

Can I be the APEC?
Old October 29, 2001, 19:27   #8
Scott F
Prince

Local Time: 01:22
India.
Old October 29, 2001, 20:30   #9
Case
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Cal
Oh, wow...

Can I be the APEC?
Sure Could you post your email adress though (I've got everone elses)

That just leaves Pakistan
Old October 29, 2001, 20:38   #10
Cal
Prince

CalvinAdam@aol.com
Old October 29, 2001, 20:49   #11
jerkwaterbox
Warlord

pakistan is mine.

jerkwaterbox@hotmail.com

"I regret nothing and apologize for less." -My motto
Old October 29, 2001, 21:04   #12
Case
Emperor

Great!

As soon as the ANZAC turns up we can get stated (China moves first)
Old October 29, 2001, 22:23   #13
jerkwaterbox
Warlord

PAKISTAN SENDS PLEA TO NATO FOR PEACE

Shocking most people of the world today, General Prevez Musharraf sent a message to NATO, pleading with them to end the war with Pakistan. "We have no desire to continue fighting NATO" said Musharraf. The war, which has devastated the Pakistani economy, is hoped to end within the month.

"I regret nothing and apologize for less." -My motto
Old October 30, 2001, 00:38   #14
Case
Emperor

Is anyone one willing to swap civs with The ANZAC?
If so, you have the honour of starting the game (ie if you want to be China you can imeadiatly start the new MP game, play your turn & pass it on )

I'd play China, but The ANZAC has asked for a smaller civ (and I break out in hives just thinking of playing the first few Chinese turns again )

Last edited by Case; October 30, 2001 at 00:52.
Old October 30, 2001, 23:24   #15
The ANZAC
King

Yeah, second to what Case said: if anyone wants to switch with me for a smaller civ, please do it. Great thanks!
Old October 31, 2001, 23:03   #16
Cal
Prince

From the People's Republic of China.
Our forces have penetrated Russian lines and the war again Russian tyranny and oppression can now commence. Russia will now pay the price for the humiliation of the Chinese government during it's "restoration of the motherland" campaign. Although it is true no successful invasion of Russia has yet been undertaken, we remain undaunted. Hitler and Napoleon had the misfortune of attacking from Europe, an attack across the Asian continent itself will surely result in victory.

The following previous battle sites have now been officially annexed:
Khabarovsk
Vladivostok
Ulan Ude
Almaty
Bishnek

The Russian Paper Tiger has offered minimal resistance, soon the Peoples Liberation Army shall be celebrating in the Kremlin.

The People's Republic of China would also like to express its dissatisfaction with the aid being lent to the Russians by the EU.

Being only concerned with military action, negotiation with any other states or federations has not yet been considered.

-End of statement.

OOC: Well, I didn't think I would be able to do it... any strategists want to point out how much I messed up by not advancing further?

The file has been sent to the ANZAC.
Old November 1, 2001, 02:17   #17
Case
Emperor

CIS Press Release
In a meeting in Moscow late last night, the CIS defence commitee anounced that the CIS would fight the Chinese invaders 'To the last man and the last rouble'.
President Putin has thanked the EU for its financial support, and appealed for military help from 'all freedom loving nations'.

-------------------------

Statement ends

Cal, I've played the first turn about 1 million times, and IMHO thats about as good as you can go
Old November 1, 2001, 04:56   #18
Scott F
Prince

The new Arjun tank graphic looks suspiciously familiar.
Old November 1, 2001, 18:07   #19
Case
Emperor

SNAFU
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott F
The new Arjun tank graphic looks suspiciously familiar.
I added it at the last minute and forgot to update the readme Please accept my apologies

I just noticed that I also failed to update the readme to show that the marine unit was created by Jimmywax, and didn't correct the spelling of Bebro - again, apologies to both of you.
Old November 1, 2001, 19:48   #20
The ANZAC
King

I got the file, but I have some quick questions: How should I open the file, with MGE or FW? And if with either one what special steps should I do? Sorry I forgot to ask this before!
Old November 1, 2001, 20:16   #21
Grothgar
Prince

time to bring it up ANZAC :)
1. You need MGE
2. Click on multiplayer game
3. Click on internet game
4. Click on load game
5. Find the save game and load it up and keep pressing enter until you get to the choosing the sides part.
6. Select your side and then play your time.
7. Press Ctrl N at end of turn to stop AI doing dastardly stuff.
8. Pass on game to next person.

"You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs but it's amazing how many eggs you can break without making a decent omelette"
Old November 1, 2001, 21:03   #22
Case
Emperor

FMK and Henrik's PBEM guide is also well worth a read

here it is: (taken from one of FMK's posts)
Attached Files:
File Type: zip pbemguide.zip (5.5 KB, 17 views)
Old November 2, 2001, 07:16   #23
Case
Emperor

Whoops
I finally woke up to what Jerkwaterbox posted.
I didn't mean to set Pakistan at war with anyone - I must have accidently clicked the box when I was removing all Pakistans alliances as part of the MP conversion process (of course, NATO and Pakistan are perfectly welcome to fight a war if either Jerkwaterbox or Jimmy sees fit ).
Old November 3, 2001, 02:58   #24
Case
Emperor

Here's an update of the rules.txt file

Changes:
MiG - 29 firepower reduced from 3 to 2
Russian Infantry defencive value reduced from 6 to 5
Chinese Infantry defencive value increased from 4 to 5 and hitpoints decreased from 4 to 3
Romeo Class attack increased from 4 to 6 and hitpoints increased to 2
Type 88 tank attack increased from 10 to 12
M1 Abrams attack decreased from 16 to 14

I'm sorry about all these screw ups but I think that I've fixed everything now
Attached Files:
File Type: txt rules.txt (26.6 KB, 25 views)
Old November 3, 2001, 09:43   #25
The ANZAC
King

Ok, thanks Scott. Sorry I haven't played yet: Apolyton has been giving me problems so I wasn't able to get back and see what to do. I'll play it now and post my save file.
Old November 3, 2001, 10:56   #26
The ANZAC
King

From the desk of APEC HQ:
President Kelapa Butros Anzacis today launched a massive offensive against the Chinese communists today in order to preserve the peace in the Eastern Asia area. In a sweeping armoured drive, Luda, Shenyang, and Fushun were taken with very little resistance. The rest of Manchuria will fall within a month: Maybe Beijing in two? Also on the Vietnamese front: the offensive has not gotten under way due to Vietmanese cold feet on attacking the Chinese. But there is no doubt they will attack in great forces and destroy the Communist infidels. Also any who want to be on the side of the right should attack China and bring order back into the area. President Bill Clinton today made a quick amendment to the Japanese constitution allowing them to have an army.....

Also APEC will stop its offensive if the CHinese hand over Harbin and Tientsin with out a fight.

Good Luck, I've sent my file off!
Old November 3, 2001, 12:05   #27
Cal
Prince

The APEC has stabbed a man in the back fighting for his life.
Old November 4, 2001, 21:59   #28
Scott F
Prince

Mumbai Courier, January 2000
India at Peace

Indian Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee announced today that India does not support the aggressive, bellicose, and warlike actions being taken by other states of Asia, and seeks only to live in peace with its neighbors for mutual prosperity. Peace envoys have been dispatched to the old rival of Pakistan to discuss a possible end to seemlingly endless mutual disagreements, particularly over the disputed area of Jammu and Kashmir.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip dragon.zip (60.6 KB, 5 views)
Old November 5, 2001, 01:48   #29
Case
Emperor

CIS Press Release
CIS forces have just completed a hard months fighting against the Chinese invader.

Operations on the Southern front have ended with complete success. Our forces have liberated the cities of Bishkek and Almaty, and inflicted severe loss upon the Chinese force.
Sadly civilian casualties have been extremely high, as the urban environment of both cities had been destroyed during the initial Chinese attack. Almaty is but a shadow of its' previous self, and CIS army engineers have declared the empty ruins of Bishkek completely unsuitable for human life.

Operations on the Siberian front have proved disappointing. The 2nd Siberian Front suffered heavy losses in its attack upon Ulan Ude, and army intelligence believes that few casualties were inflicted on the Chinese defenders. The CIS air force also reports heavy casualties on this front, with 2 wings of Mig-29's and 2 wings of Su-22 Frogfoots lost.

Operating from undisclosed ports, the CIS Pacific Fleet has enjoyed great success against the People's Liberation Army Navy, and reports sinking 2 Romeo class submarines, 1 Destroyer and 1 missile boat without loss.

On the diplomatic front, President Putin welcomes the assistance of the APEC nations, yet warns them not to land on CIS soil without permission.

Below: T-90 tanks of the 8th Guards Armoured division on the Southern front
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	t90_2.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	5397  
Old November 5, 2001, 01:51   #30
Case
Emperor

the file
Attached Files:
File Type: zip 2000feb.zip (66.5 KB, 7 views)