Old January 12, 2002, 12:21   #1
winterfritz
Prince

Local Time: 06:26
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Another Age of War PBEM
Age of War is a great scenario, especially for multiplay (check out the original PBEM game for it, still going here at Apolyton. Although it's a pity about the poor old french there...)

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else would like to play a PBEM for this scenario? I'll take the French. If anybody else wants a shot, please take either the Russians, English or Germans first, as these were the most important and should be filled by human players.

The civs in order of play are:
Russians
Italians
French (me )
Germans
Turks
English
Spanish

Age of War is one of Exile's excellent scenarios, and can be downloaded at civfanatics if anyone needs it.
Old January 12, 2002, 15:29   #2
Soundwave
Prince

Local Time: 18:26
Sure i will

I'll take the english...

email is seanie_babes@hotmail.com
Old January 12, 2002, 15:29   #3
Dr. Nick
Spanish CiversApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 03:26
Give me Germany or give me death!
Old January 12, 2002, 19:36   #4
The ANZAC
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 01:26
Here, here!
I'll take Russia theanzac@optonline.com! good to see you started it up Winterfritz!
Old January 12, 2002, 21:36   #5
winterfritz
Prince

Great!

So the players are:
Russians - The Anzac
Italians
French - Winterfritz
Germans - El Awrence
Turks
English - Soundwave
Spanish

I say we start now. More players can always come and take over the minor powers. But I think that four players should be a good amount to keep the game going quickly.

May I suggest a one day time limit for playing your turns? That way all of us don't have to wait for our game very long

Anzac, could you start the game (as you go first) on Prince difficulty, and post it here as well as sending it to me when you've finished? Thanks.

Good luck all!

PS Oh, and I almost forgot: make sure you all use the MPevents file for the scenario, not the normal (singleplayer) events file. Just move the events file to another directory and rename MPevents.txt to events.txt
Thanks

Last edited by winterfritz; January 12, 2002 at 21:44.
Old January 12, 2002, 22:12   #6
Dr. Nick
Deity

Well, a 48hs limit would be ok, 24hs is a little too little in my opinion.
Old January 13, 2002, 01:59   #7
winterfritz
Prince

Sure, a 48 hr limit is fine.
Old January 13, 2002, 05:03   #8
Soundwave
Prince

As a quote from AOE1 "START THE GAME ALREADY"
Old January 13, 2002, 10:56   #9
The ANZAC
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

The Grand Russian Empire has mobilized its forces.
Attached Files:
File Type: net ni_auto.net (203.3 KB, 4 views)
Old January 13, 2002, 11:12   #10
Henrik
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-CreationNationStatesMacCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontSpanish CiversCivilization IV Creators
Emperor

Local Time: 07:26
Good Luck everyone, are you sure you dont want minor nations before starting though?
One of the things that is so great about the original AOW PBEM is diplomacy, most of it isn't visible in the thread though...
And witout those MN's diplomacy isn't as interesting

Oh and I can definatly guarantee that anyone who picks Italy will have lots of fun.
Henriko of Italy (original AOW PBEM)
Old January 13, 2002, 13:52   #11
winterfritz
Prince

Yes, this would probably be a good idea, Henrik. The game would be way better with all player slots filled. But we won't wait for too long, maybe a day or two.

So come on in folks! This is a once only offer! Grab a minor nation for the second Age of War PBEM!

Sunny Italy... Proud Spain... The ancient but still vigourous Ottoman Empire! Any of these could be yours!

But be sure to grab one of these three desirable nations quickly, or you may lose the chance of a lifetime! So post after me and lay your claim TODAY!

BTW, El Awrence, could you please give me you email address so I can send you my save games and negotiate? I tried to send you a private message but it said your mailbox was full and I couldn't. Thanks
Old January 13, 2002, 14:51   #12
Dr. Nick
Deity

Ah, forgot that minor detail.

m_carreras@hotmail.com
Old January 14, 2002, 00:19   #13
Case
Emperor

Local Time: 16:26
I'll take the Italians (email: nick_dowling@hotmail.com)

What version of AoW are you guys using? Just the 'straight' version advailable from Civfanatics, or one of the many updates? (I've only got the playtest version)
Old January 14, 2002, 02:02   #14
winterfritz
Prince

Good to have you with us Case!

As far as I know this is indeed the 'straight' version, available from civfanatics. You can always check with Anzac to make sure. Remember to use the MPEvents file, and not the single player one.

Your turn is right after the Anzac's (Russia). If you could post the saved game here as well as sending it to me, that'd be great.

Good luck
Old January 14, 2002, 03:02   #15
Case
Emperor

Italy has moved. (I used the version of AoW advailable from Civfanatics)

Notable Events

* Work on the Turin-Valence Rail Road is half finished. The Italian government hopes that this rail road will boast trade with France, and encourage future French-Italian friendship.

* The Royal Italian Navy has put to sea on its annual exercises

* The Italian Government has recieved communications from the Russian, British and French Governments proposing mutual assistance agreements. The Italian government looks very favourabily on these proposals, and has requested the specifics of the proposed agreements. The German/Austro-Hungarian ambassador is also invited to submit his nation's views on these proposed agreements.

---------------
Here's the file:
Attached Files:
File Type: zip 1900july.zip (37.2 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by Case; January 14, 2002 at 03:30.
Old January 14, 2002, 03:43   #16
Exile
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Exile
"Jesus" avatars created by Mercator and Laszlo.
Old January 14, 2002, 03:50   #17
Soundwave
Prince

Winter fritz can you update the names and the e-mails with them please
Old January 14, 2002, 10:28   #18
Dr. Nick
Deity

fritzzzzzzz!
Old January 14, 2002, 11:20   #19
winterfritz
Prince

Okay, here you go Soundwave.

Russians - theanzac@optonline.com
Italians - nick_dowling@hotmail.com
French - winterfritz_21@yahoo.com
Germans - m_carreras@hotmail.com
Turks
British - seanie_babes@hotmail.com
Spanish

Sorry if I kept you waiting, El Awrence. My saved game along with description is posted right below.
Old January 14, 2002, 11:51   #20
winterfritz
Prince

-- NEWS FLASH --

SURPRISE ELECTION RESULTS

In the July 1900 elections for the premiership of France, a surprise candidate, known enigmatically only as 'winterfritz', has won a landslide victory! He and his party are now in charge of the Third Republic.

"I aim to lead France in new directions," said the premier at his inauguration speech today. "To make this great Republic stronger and more glorious than ever before!"

Evidently his words and promises have struck a chord with the French people. In many towns in France today, citizens spontaneously celebrated "We love Winterfritz" day, and it is expected that these parades will soon be a monthly tradition.

ANNEXATIONS IN BELGIUM AND MOROCCO

In another speech today, the new premier has announced the forthcoming annexation of Morocco (the cities of Fez and Tangier) and Brussels in Belgium.

"Tiny independent states are an anachronism, a throwback from the past in today's modern world," he said to the French Cabinet. "It is our duty as a great and benevolent power to take these states under our wing, and give them guidance and protection."

The British have announced their support of the French invasion of Morocco and even offered the aid of the Royal Navy, which the French have gratefully accepted. In the Low Countries too, Britain, after negotiations with France, is expected to occupy Antwerp and Amsterdam at some point in the near future.

NEW ALLIANCES

With the accession of Case to the Italian throne, a new era of peace and co-operation has begun between Italy and France. The nearly completed Turin-Valence railway will boost trade and commerce between the nations, as will the countless freight trains being sent across the border in both directions.

With Russia and Britain too has begun a time of freindship and amity. All four powers - Britain, France, Italy and Russia - are now like a big family, and ready to protect any member of the family who is attacked by another nation.

However, the French premier wishes to make clear to Germany that this alliance is not directed against that mighty nation; it is purely for defensive purposes. "We are a peace loving people, and would not dream of provoking a conflict anywhere," concluded winterfritz in his address to the Cabinet.

NEW ECONOMIC DIRECTION

Finally, the new premier has announced an economic plan - Plan Orange - that will now be implemented in order to strengthen France's finances and industry. This plan will require extensive funds, and the premier has hinted that it may be financed by the selling of scientific knowledge to Europe's less advanced nations.
"Soon," says the premier, "France will have an industry comparable to Germany's, if not greater!"

This was an excited journalist, reporting from the large 'We love winterfritz day' crowd in Paris. Viva la France!
Attached Files:
File Type: zip 1900july.zip (37.4 KB, 3 views)
Old January 14, 2002, 12:27   #21
Dr. Nick
Deity

Berliner Zeitung, July 1900
New Chancellor Appointed
Berlin.- A new Chancellor was appointed by Kaiser Wilhelm I Hohenzollern to direct the German nation to greatness. A strong man with a character of iron, Otto von Karreras, a nephew of the national hero Bismarck, will be leading the nation to greatness in these turbulent times that rock Europe.

Chancellor von Karreras began his office with a speech of repudiation towards the French for their attempts to annex nations akin to Germany such as the Kingdom of the Netherlands, and has stated that these nations shall be protected by Berlin to insure their indipendence from the English. In another move, Chancellor von Karreras repudiated the Russians for abandoning the Dreikaiserbund in these trying times and continues to lobby with Spain in an attempt to aquire an alliance.

New, Bold Economic Program Launched
Berlin.- Approved by the Reichstag and effective at once, Chancellor von Karreras has set aside the funds of the German Empire to renew the industry both in the industrialised and agrarian areas of the Empire and has stated that "all parts, great and small of the empire shall benefit with the riches and wealth of industry" and has stated that despite claims from the French that Parisian industry will be great he has scoffed at them and stated that "the French artists shall never surpass the industrious and hardworking nation of Germany at what they do best, both military and economic."

Short News
  • Reichsmarine sorties to the protection of the Netherlands and blockades Amsterdam preventing warships from other nations from threatening their sovereignity
  • Chancellor von Karreras demands an explanation to Rome as to the nature of the transports outside Trieste and stops the ship in Austrian waters of the Adriatic.
Attached Files:
File Type: net turn1july00germans.net (203.3 KB, 4 views)
Old January 14, 2002, 12:29   #22
Dr. Nick
Deity

Fritz, please don't zip the game unless it's strictly necessary.
Old January 14, 2002, 18:10   #23
Case
Emperor

Re: Berliner Zeitung, July 1900
Quote:
*Chancellor von Karreras demands an explanation to Rome as to the nature of the transports outside Trieste and stops the ship in Austrian waters of the Adriatic.
This ship, the SS Da Vinci, is carrying a freight of grain intended for Sarajevo. The Italian government earnestly hopes that this will be the first of many commercial enterprises between our two great nations, and that Prussian militarism will not hinder the growth of mutually benefical trade. The Italian 1st Fleet (HQ Venice) is willing to provide a written guarentee that this ship is not currently operating under it's orders.

Rome Reacts to British-French Partition of the Low Countries

The Italian Government welcomes the proposed partition of Belgium, believing that such a deal will be benefical to both our British and French Allies.
However, the Italian Government expresses concern over the planned anexation of the Netherlands, and calls upon all powers to pledge thier commitment to that nation's independance before it causes an unessesary war.

Last edited by Case; January 14, 2002 at 19:10.
Old January 14, 2002, 18:32   #24
Case
Emperor

BTW, what are we doing about the Turks and Spanish? Will we just skip them? (meaning that it's now Soundwave's turn).
Old January 14, 2002, 18:54   #25
Soundwave
Prince

So can i go now?

Also waht are the Alliances

The Franoc -British-Russo Alliance is sealed

Same as a British-Italian Alliance... is there any others

Why does Germany Always seem to be the agresser,The Bristish Empire condemn her actions in the Low Counties, knowing full well in will avert to war...

In addition, is anyone going to play Spain, or Ottomans, i wouldn't mind a Spain, Ottomans... hmmm nah !! LOL!!
Old January 14, 2002, 19:05   #26
Case
Emperor

I'd say that you should play your turn

As Fritz wrote, there's now a British-French-Russian-Italian Alliance to counter the huge size of the German/Austro-Hungarian empire.
Old January 14, 2002, 19:38   #27
Soundwave
Prince

NEW KING!

On July 1900 Soundwave the I was install on the thone after, Geroge V was decleared incapiable of ruling for health reasons...

Tangier Naval Attack
In cordence with Franco-Anglo Agreements, the Royal Navy fired on Strategic Garrison Forts, all Natives were dispursed. Allowing French Force to 'restore order'

Naval Bill Introduced
Four New Battleships, will be ready by August 1900, and four more by October 1900 to met the new Naval threat of the German Empire... Also needs to discuss Naval 'treatments' with France.

BritishRoyal Naval on the Move!!
Blockade of Amsterdam and Antwerp have been issued, as for operatoins for peace being, with full French/Italain Support.

Reports of 7 Battleships and mayn asoorted craft heading for Belgium coast, and the report of the Mederterrian Fleet heading to Britian, as it looks like she will not back down from German Agression, and we will see if the loyal Allies follow if Britian is indeed attacked..... we will see...
Attached Files:
File Type: net turn1july1900english.net (202.2 KB, 5 views)
Old January 14, 2002, 19:42   #28
The ANZAC
King

Reaction to Situation in the Low Countries

From the Desk of the Russian Foreign Minister: Russia condemns the German interference in the landing of humanitary forces in Les Pays-Bas. The Imperial German Emperor is asked to reconsider.

Revolution in Rumania!!!!!!

This just in: a frantic wire was sent from the telegraph office in the palace of the king of Rumania in Bucharest. It stated that Communist revolutionaries have taken over much of the country and that they have charged the Royal Palace and slain the king. They are now under seige. Russia will as soon as possible launch a relief expedition to save Rumania from the Red Plague. Any German probing and/or advancing will be seen as an act of war! If any German troops have "probed" or "wandered" into Rumania, the Russian Empire asks them to leave immediately under threat of death. Any cities that have been secured by the Germans should be left unoccupied and the Russians will compensate the Germans for their losses.

OC: IE Any money I gain by repossessing those cities, I will give back to Germany.
Old January 14, 2002, 21:30   #29
Dr. Nick
Deity

Germany would like to assist the Russians, once loyal friends and allies of Germany in the Dreikaiserbund, in conquering Romania. We will accept monetary compensation. German troops are ready to assist Russia in reclaiming the area.
Old January 14, 2002, 21:33   #30
Dr. Nick
Deity

We apologise to the Italians for any inconveniences brought by the German ships, but you must understand that with so many nations who were good allies of Germany turning away and befriending Germany's adversaries...

*glares at Moscow and Rome*

...it becomes necessary to take important precautions to avert any danger of invasion.